PDA

View Full Version : Catch can installation

SLrocket
15-05-02, 01:31 PM
What is the best method to pluging up the holes where the gases are originally plumbed back into the intake and plenum?What can be used? I dont want to do dodge job.

Cheers
Andrew

GTSBoy
15-05-02, 01:45 PM
Welch plugs can look OK. Bits of alloy bar the right diameter can be good too. Just remember to clamp things like that down properly, with a bit of sealant to amke sure they stay put.

There are usually plastic or rubber plugs lying around in workshops or wreckers that end up looking factory...some go in the holes, some go over, depends on what you need.

cheers

gtst4
15-05-02, 02:01 PM
If you have holes that need filling, then it sounds like you already have a dodge job.

I put a catch can on my engine (RB20DET), where the two outlets on the rockers feed the can. The PCV valve then is connected via hose to the intake side.

There's a 'U' shaped hose that connects the two rocker covers together. This stays.

The passenger-side outlet connects to the intake plumbing. Connect from the rocker to the catch can. This leaves the intake open.

The drivers-side outlet is fed from the PCV valve. Connect from the rocker to the catch can. This leaves the PCV valve open.

Now run hose from the PCV valve across the top of the engine to the intake plumbing.

Voila! No holes left to worry about.

lad13s
15-05-02, 11:46 PM
To repco!

get a 'blanking plug' 15mm in diameter to plug the PCV on the intake plenum chamber and buy one of those hose clamps that u tighten with a screwdriver

should set u back a crisp $1ish

Peace. :D