PDA

View Full Version : Evo - VR4 Diff ratios

THE ASH
17-05-02, 11:59 AM
Basically, I want a rear limo for my VR4. Does anyone know if the centre's from EVO lancers have the same ratio & will they will fit or can the whole diff be swapped. What other alternatives are there, I dont want a cig locker. I know that the eclipse rear ends will fit buy buying stuff from the states doesn't seem like the best option. Any idea's, thoughts?

qiksilva3
17-05-02, 10:01 PM
The Evo final drive is lower than the Vr4.
Evo 3 is about 5.3 vs 4.9 for the Vr4.

THE ASH
17-05-02, 10:21 PM
Thanks James, I thought that was the case. :( I really dont have many options then do I?

wira4
18-05-02, 02:53 PM
You could use Evo 3's gear ratios but still using your VR4's 4.9 final drive. However, the first gear is taller for the Evo 3 and the rest are a little shorter than VR4.

THE ASH
18-05-02, 03:12 PM
Wira - I want a rear limited slip diff without changing ratios anywhere.

Datto-Zed
18-05-02, 07:46 PM
Is changing both front and rear centers to EVO items not an option?
Spose ya don't want the added $$$ and shorter gearing hey...

Btw that dude with the white VR4 had said to our faces (SLrocket and I) that he had run a 12.7.......spose he knew he couldn't bullshit ya :)

THE ASH
18-05-02, 09:36 PM
12.7 is a believable time with that turbo if everything else is sorted, maybe even faster - pity he hasn't finished it & run the times. If that Link was tuned, it would be a real weapon! :cool:

I have the same fuel cut probs as him, I'm just attacking it from a different angle (Read:cant afford that sort of money) I would like to chat with whoever gets it though, maybe swap them some bits of they think its too laggy... :rolleyes: :p

One of the guys on the VR4 forum suggested that the LSD bit can be retrofitted to my current diff, I hope it checks out.