PDA

View Full Version : Fuel maps

Forg
24-05-02, 08:10 PM
Hey, anyone got a fuel map they can send me, for a 4cyl car that puts out 260hp-280hp at the flywheel at about 6000rpm, at which stage it's got around 14psi boost? Or even a small 6?

I know it's real rough, but I'm going to have to find a starting point somewhere, methinks ... couldn't hurt to have a "sample" or two. :)

Billzilla
24-05-02, 10:37 PM
Can't help directly, but you'll need to also know things like
- MAP or TPS based maps. (though it'll be MAP for a boosted engine)
- The injector sizes
- Fuel pressure
- Turbo or supercharged
- Type of EFI computer is also a bit on the handy side. ;)
I can send you a Motec map, but it won't help at all for a Haltech, Autronic, etc. (wrong sort of map, too, just giving an example)

Forg
25-05-02, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I knew I'd need a fair bit of that, including either the type of computer (ie. a MoTeC, maybe even the same as yours; you said you had a 3D 2-group like mine lying around didn't you?) or the units the "injector pulse lengths" are measured in.
Shouldn't need "turbo or supercharged" though, surely; if it's a "3D" map then boost will be along one axis, yes?

denmaster
25-05-02, 05:56 AM
For a bit of a squiz, you can try the SR20 map on Hitman's website (www.hitman.hm).

HTH,
LG

Billzilla
25-05-02, 09:28 AM
The only Group 2 maps I've got are for a 12A PP rotary, and yes I agree that with a MAP sensed map you'd be getting boost included in the scheduling.

Forg
28-05-02, 10:52 AM
What can you output maps as? Are they just meaningless numbers, or are they displayed as time-units for the injectors & advance/retard for ignition? So while the timing was kinda irrelevant (because the dizzy position is adjustable), you could work your way backwards if you knew fuel pressure & injector sizing?

Can you stuff the turbo by setting it up wrong in the first place, and firing 'er up the first time with everything set too rich?

Billzilla
28-05-02, 06:51 PM
Haven't pulled a map apart to check as such. Guess they'd be a big bunch of numbers in an array or some sort.

Best ask Motec nicely for a best guess map and see what they say I reckon, they'd do a far better job than I could.