PDA

View Full Version : AE86 diff

hotgemini
29-05-02, 01:16 PM
The diff in project becky blew up yesterday, are the last of the KEXX corolla diffs the same? what about the centres? Not happy jan...

If anyone has any pearls of wisdom about now they would be more than welcome.

Billzilla
29-05-02, 02:12 PM
As far as I know the AE-71 diff should bolt straight in.

demuire
29-05-02, 02:21 PM
I think the KE55 has the same diff as the aus-spec sprinter (ae-86?) However this isn't LSD :( I don't think any of the bolt-on diffs for the KE55/AE-86 are LSD? :(

Oh well...

hotgemini
29-05-02, 03:50 PM
It appears that the person (not I) who changed the diff oil yesterday neglected to put anywhere near enough in...

So yeah, there is one person in the trader advertising sprinter parts, all we are really after is another 'aus-spec' (open centre, drum brake) diff to keep the car mobile, although an lim-slip disk-brake diff would be nice.

rowdytoot
29-05-02, 04:08 PM
hmm I dunno.. be careful tho..the KE's ran either a Borg Warner diff, or a jap banjo diff..

The AE71 would run the same diff as the Ae86 tho.. as Bill says.. I dunno is a KE70 diff is the same..

Demuire.. there was a factory disc brake LSD for the AE86 that does bolt in.. plus you can get aftermarket LSDs for them.. from Cusco, Kaaz, and TRD

RT

Rex_Kelway
30-05-02, 02:25 PM
Any other options for and LSD (wif discs) thatll fit in a Sprinter. The Import ones ive seen ar bloody expensive ie: $1200.

Ive heard a scorpion will fit nicely once the brackets are transferred (not a huge ask) but are they LSD's

Simon-AE86
30-05-02, 05:08 PM
Statts on the forums here bought a Cusco LSD for his AE86... it wasnt cheap either.. but.. from the stuff ive seen him to do it.. its bloody unbreakable!

hyjinx
31-05-02, 02:13 AM
Altezza (Nathan) from here has an LSD for a AE86 sitting at his place PM him or me and i will let him no u r looking if that helps