PDA

View Full Version : Shaved door handels sercurity???

dave-o
08-09-02, 05:52 PM
Anyone know what the sercurity is like on shaved door handels, is it easier or harder to brake in to a car with them. As the door handels are hidden I would have thought harder, but after reading some of the other threads Im not so sure now. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

NISMOgemini
08-09-02, 07:11 PM
they will just smash the window :rolleyes:
anyways there illegal in QLD so unless u wanna cut new handels in everytime u get a defect i wouldnt bother.
reason: cos they cant access the car in a accedent

ViNcEnXo
08-10-02, 01:22 AM
Forgive my ignorance... what's a shaved door handle?

bugle
08-10-02, 02:48 AM
When you take off the door handles, fill in the holes, and spring the door open using a remote

Instigator
24-10-02, 02:49 PM
anyone know if they're legal in nsw??

FLYNSX
24-10-02, 08:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that they are legal in NSW...

My mate has done to it his old Corolla wagon... He removed the door handle, welded in a piece of metal into it's place and done... But, where the metal rod usually goes to the door handle, he has continued the rod till it just pops out of the window rubber... All you have to do is to push the rod down and there u go... The car has an alarm with remote central locking...

Lunatic_Mirage
24-10-02, 08:47 PM
I have also seen setups where they use the side mirrors to open the doors.

FLYNSX
24-10-02, 08:54 PM
The Mirror release is one to usually break... The internal bit's inside the mirror break after a while...

Lunatic_Mirage
24-10-02, 10:45 PM
The Mirror release is one to usually break... The internal bit's inside the mirror break after a while...

I can see how that may piss you off!!:)

Instigator
25-10-02, 01:04 PM
how about a button the bottom of the car similar to gone in 60 seconds??
how hard would it be to hook motors up and drive the doors by remote control similar to your central locking?
ie one button to unluck, one to open the door
on cars with more than two doors it'd be a bit of a pain but u could always just have the front two hooked up and reach around to open the rear...

NISMOgemini
25-10-02, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Instigator
how about a button the bottom of the car similar to gone in 60 seconds??
how hard would it be to hook motors up and drive the doors by remote control similar to your central locking?
ie one button to unluck, one to open the door
on cars with more than two doors it'd be a bit of a pain but u could always just have the front two hooked up and reach around to open the rear...

alot of lowriders in america do this. have central locking and a remot solanoid to open the door

80DGY
30-10-02, 07:07 PM
http://www.n12turbo.com/cars/8odgy/exa4.jpg

Definitely possible in QLD :D

Was approved then it wasn't, then it was.

Still waiting on the paperwork :rolleyes:

NISMOgemini
30-10-02, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by 80DGY
http://www.n12turbo.com/cars/8odgy/exa4.jpg

Definitely possible in QLD :D

Was approved then it wasn't, then it was.

Still waiting on the paperwork :rolleyes:

is that paint "maddox red" ??

crx2gen
30-10-02, 08:42 PM
NISMOgemini, if you're referring to the colour you're seeing, that may well be true...but on this wacked out exa (with its unhinged, "he could stab someone anytime" mofo owner :D ) i believe the paint is monza red, with some "mild:p " effects over the top.

NISMOgemini
30-10-02, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by crx2gen
NISMOgemini, if you're referring to the colour you're seeing, that may well be true...but on this wacked out exa (with its unhinged, "he could stab someone anytime" mofo owner :D ) i believe the paint is monza red, with some "mild:p " effects over the top.
:confused: :wtf:
lol. that made no sense but thanx :d heheh

crx2gen
31-10-02, 12:25 AM
sorry its been a looooooooooooong day.

the car is painted monza red, but the glasurit prismacoat that is applied over the top has kingfisher effect.

i guess you meant that in the photo the car was painted with maddox red, but its actually just the effects in play.

try this one (hope you don't mind tom)

http://www.n12turbo.com/cars/8odgy/exa11.jpg

http://www.n12turbo.com/cars/8odgy/exa5.jpg