PDA

View Full Version : merry xmas - my new rims stolen[perth]

stock12
24-12-03, 08:27 PM
As quickly as they were bought...they were professionally nicked.

17 inch Avantex Blade chromies.

Car was jacked..bricks underneath etc and car had the wheels beautifully removed, lock nut and all.

a brick must've moved or something...cause the alarm went off and the left one rim and some nuts behind. Police have been given details of everything, including who I suspect might've had something to do with this.

Any details... please PM me.

Lot of money down the drain :( just prior to christmas

rojoor
25-12-03, 03:43 PM
that sux man,.. sorry to hear... now wot could some idiot possibly do with 3 wheels?

mazgtr
27-12-03, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by rojoor
that sux man,.. sorry to hear... now wot could some idiot possibly do with 3 wheels?

Perhaps there for his tri-cycle?

Sorry, shame on me... *Slaps himself with mousepad*

crx2gen
27-12-03, 07:59 PM
They could go hunting for a fourth one...

Whats the next victim going to do with three wheels also...

stock12
27-12-03, 08:28 PM
yeh... :(

appreciate the feedback

god knows what they'll do..

3 rims...

should be interesting to see what happens with 'em...got a few people searching already

unless these are sold in the east, i can't see them being moved for a while.

darkstar
27-12-03, 10:24 PM
If your car is OK still, consider putting 3 stockies on and keeping the aftermarket rim on. They just might be stupid enough to come back and take the 4th rim.

Watch your car like a night owl and have a few boys with bats ready for some hand mashing fun.

Worth a try, theives are generally stupid enough to try it, as they cant really push 3 rims.

Also look for someone with the 'i always do burnouts look' with aftermarket rims on the front and stockies on the rear. The front rims could be yours.

Best of luck.

stock12
30-12-03, 08:19 PM
thanks mate...

very good idea

datsqik
30-12-03, 10:40 PM
They should bring out new number plates for wa saying perth the crime capital of australia.

onezero
27-01-04, 07:20 PM
They could just go out and buy a 4th and flog them off that way... you'd still be making profit.

I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to go back for such an obvious set up.

Bad luck though - maybe you should've organized insurance for them before they were even on your car; too bad it's hindsight that's 20/20.