PDA

View Full Version : 2JZ VK build.

JZK25
13-06-06, 03:19 PM
This is my project car. It's a VK Berlina that was resprayed SV5000 green about 7 years ago. It has a 9 inch with 3.5LSD centre. It had a 308 in it before I got it and the previous owner had an RB20 bolted in for a short time also. I bought it to fit a 1JZ to it which I did about 3 years ago but never got it running. The 1JZ is now in my bro's cressida and the VK now has a 2JZ aristo engine with R154 5 speed. The engine will run a wolf ecu.
I have made steam pipe manifolds to mount a pair of Subaru Legacy VF10 turbos(same size as a WRX TDO4). It has a 600 x 300 x 100 ebay intercooler with stainless piping. The exhaust is in progress atm but will be twin 2.5" to the rear muffler where it will merge into a 3.5" muffler, all stainless with twin 3" cats and two resonators pre diff.

I recently ditched the power steering in favour of a kirby variable rack from a VL to give some room for the dump pipes.

There's a heap more to do to get it going but I am aiming to get it going for powercruise in september. Everyone needs a goal. :D

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/AL_RS/1UZtonnerandVK006.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/AL_RS/VKpipes002.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/AL_RS/1UZtonnerandVK008.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/AL_RS/VKdumps001.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/AL_RS/VKdumps006.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/AL_RS/VKdumps004.jpg

Grunt
13-06-06, 03:22 PM
nice effort mate... good turbo choice
and good luck getting it up for powercruise.
i like the colour aswell

out_in_front
13-06-06, 03:26 PM
That looks sweet - I like the idea of the one up - one down turbo's never really seen that done before...

Good luck with getting it finished

BigMuz
13-06-06, 05:12 PM
Unreal.

Wonder if it might be the most powerful VK on PF- it's a hard challenge bud :D

2JZR31
14-06-06, 12:45 AM
Those photos don't do Als fabrication skills much justice. The pipe work is amazing to look at in the flesh. I can't wait to see how the VF10's perform. This is going to be a fun car to drive :D

I hope you got over you gut virus and got some more work done. One of your 2.5" dumps takes the same path as mine under the sump. And mine is also a PITA to remove. Its like a jigsaw puzzle where each piece needs to go on in the right sequence and angle or it wont bolt up.

NISMOgemini
14-06-06, 09:48 AM
oww thats hot. :D
more pics

carcrazy
14-06-06, 07:37 PM
Thats unreal mate, good work!

Jim
14-06-06, 08:29 PM
I have wood. Awesome project!

JZK25
14-06-06, 08:29 PM
Thanks people, glad you like it. I will post up some more pics as it progresses.
Would've had the engine back out to prepare it on monday but woke up spewing from a stupid 24hr virus, not happy.

Have to get a clutch for it yet, and a tailshaft and...etc etc.

I went for the one up, one down mounting of the turbos because it made more sense to do it that way.
It gives a cleaner exhaust exit while maintaining a straight intake and the manifolds are very similiar, one is just flipped upwards.
Having them mounted in a GTR type layout really doesn't seem to be practical to me. The dump pipes always have a very tight bend at the exit and the front dump runs very close the rear inlet/comp. The only advantage I can see is aesthetics, it does look better.

I am trying to keep the exhaust lengths the same so the front turbo runs up the drivers side and the rear goes down under the rear of the engine and across to the passenger side. It's hard to keep good exhaust clearance on old cars like the VK because they didn't actually build any exhaust path into the floor pan, it all just hangs out underneath. No allowance for cat converters in the floorpan either obviously.
The real challenge with the exhaust is trying to make the ricey rear muffler(all I could find in 3.5") look more boganish.

BigMuz
15-06-06, 08:19 AM
The real challenge with the exhaust is trying to make the ricey rear muffler(all I could find in 3.5") look more boganish.

Matt Black acryclic FTW :D

XAC15T
15-06-06, 09:29 AM
Matt Black acryclic FTW :D

:yup:

2JZR31
15-06-06, 10:09 AM
Thats what I said, but the whole exhaust is going to be shiny polished stainless. Can you mount it further under the car and run a 3.5" out to the back, so the rice cannon doesn't stick out?

JZK25
15-06-06, 07:02 PM
Yeah it won't be sticking out that's for sure. It won't be matt black either.
Thought I might just make a slight droopy tip for the rice cannon. That's what the former owner used to pass the majority of the raw fuel from the holley to the atmosphere. :D Looked ok.
Stupid rice mufflers, you can't even get them with the same size inlet and outlet.

Jason Broadhurst
15-06-06, 07:28 PM
There has to be a decient muffler you can buy, that isn't a civic/s13 part.

JZK25
15-06-06, 08:40 PM
Not a barrell shaped one in 3.5" that cost $150 there isn't.
I will derice it properly, don't worry.

2JZR31
16-06-06, 12:49 AM
I will derice it properly, don't worry.

lol

JZK25
17-06-06, 01:53 PM
Had a little tinker this morning tacking up the intakes before we pull the engine tomorrow. Pics.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/AL_RS/VKintakes001.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/AL_RS/VKintakes002.jpg

More pics tomorrow night.

2JZR31
17-06-06, 02:55 PM
Looks awesome. Must have taken ages to do all that pipework.

JZK25
18-06-06, 02:52 PM
I haven't really taken much notice of the time. Prolly about 2 hours per pipe.

Anyway, pulled the engine back out today and stripped it down. Removed the acres of shit that is found under toyota inlet manifolds and my mate took the manifold halves to blast and tidy up. Had to modify the coolant pipe that goes around the engine just below the head as it was in the way of important stuff like dump pipes. It is stainless originally so it was easy to cut and modify and reweld with the tig.
Also remounted the alternator on the LH side of the engine as there is no PS or A/C anymore. It now uses a simple slide tensoin arrangement instead of the auto tensioner. Pics.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/AL_RS/VKengineout004.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/AL_RS/VKengineout002.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/AL_RS/VKengineout001.jpg

The inlet manifold has surprisingly large runners and appears to be well designed. The exhaust seems really small considering the power the engines can make. It is a bit of a mystery to me why the 2J's can make such big power std because there is really nothing special about it;s design, it is just so damn simple. Good engineering methinks.

2JZR31
20-06-06, 03:07 PM
Cool. Are you taking it out to detail the engine bay and engine?

What size are your wastegate pipes? Have you got a pic of the inside part of the dump? (side that faces toward the turbine) Gary wants to know becuase we are about to start on the dumps for the VF10 powered 1JZ. We have the turbos mounted now. :) I will make a thread on it when I get some pics.

JZK25
20-06-06, 06:53 PM
Yes I am going to detail the engine a little bit, paint the valve covers the car colour and paint the coil cover and inlet manifold the silver bumper colour. Also replacing T belt, seals etc. Getting injectors serviced and HPCing the exhaust manifolds too. The engine bay is 2pac body colour so just needs 4 years of cockroach shit cleaned off it.

The wastegate pipes are 38mm. There is a divider tongue inside the exhaust housing, otherwise it is just a 63mm hole and a 38mm hole. Picsofvf10dsoarernowpls. :)

jzx83
20-06-06, 10:54 PM
Hey all, got my mate to take this photo of Al and I with our project cars last Friday when we were there. Both are the same photo, one has been shrunk to take up less memory. Don't bother with the small one if you have fast internet.

In an earlier post, Al was complaining about the gut bug. I had to wait until Sunday for my turn. Soldiered on at work all day getting greener/whiter by the hour then went home at 4pm and spent the night shuffling from bed to dunny and back. Gave work a miss yesterday. Seems like 24hours is about right.

Would like a good working description of de ricing. There's probably a textbook in the subject. Should be compulsary reading at TAFE.

2JZR31
21-06-06, 12:36 AM
Cheers Al, we are pretty sure what you mean with the dumps. The annoying thing is I took pics of the turbos but then I couldn't find the USB lead. :(

JZK25
21-06-06, 08:06 PM
I'm the fatter, balder, better looking one. :D

JZK25
25-06-06, 08:01 PM
Update. Pulled the cam covers off to get them painted and it was not a pretty sight underneath. This engine must still have the original oil in it from the assembly line, not pretty. The engine is full of vegemite and has low compression readings(I already knew about this about a year ago) so it isn't a big surprise. The engine is stripped and I plan to replace the bearings and gaskets, give it a light hone and surgically clean it. Here's a few pics AFTER it has been soaked in degreaser for a few days. I couldn't even see the bolt heads for the cams because of the sludge buildup.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/AL_RS/VKdirty2JZ005.jpg

Look closely at the buildup in the rings.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/AL_RS/VKdirty2JZ008.jpg

Here's a shot of the manifolds.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/AL_RS/VKdirty2JZ003.jpg

There was so much shit buildup I don't think the engine would have even started so it is prolly a good thing I decided to pull it down.

2JZR31
25-06-06, 08:37 PM
Shit, thats what it looks like AFTER it has been in degreaser :p Its a good thing you ended up taking the cam covers off and noticed the sludge. It doesn't sound like its going to be too expensive.. Just a bit time consuming, but at least you will have a fresh engine to punish later.

JZK25
25-06-06, 08:45 PM
Gives me something to do at work I suppose. :D I didn't get a shot of the cams before I pulled it apart but think inch thick icing on a chocolate cake and you are on the money. All the more reason to buy a front cut I guess.

Mr Ed
26-06-06, 02:11 PM
First time Ive looked through your project, some very nice work going on there mate! :D

Noticed youve got alot of stuff up for sale, youre not giving up on the job are you?? Or did you just buy 2 of everything?!?! :p

JZK25
26-06-06, 05:41 PM
That's not me, it 2JVL.

I honed the bore tonight and it doesn't look good, there is deep etch marks where the rings have sat for long periods so it'll either need boring or throwing in the bin. :( Anyone know how far you can bore a 2J, they have siamesed cylinders and ther doesn't appear to be much scope for overboring.

lotec
27-06-06, 09:15 AM
Noticed youve got alot of stuff up for sale, youre not giving up on the job are you?? Or did you just buy 2 of everything?!?! :p

lol, wanna buy anything? :P

2JZR31
27-06-06, 09:31 AM
I honed the bore tonight and it doesn't look good, there is deep etch marks where the rings have sat for long periods so it'll either need boring or throwing in the bin. Anyone know how far you can bore a 2J, they have siamesed cylinders and ther doesn't appear to be much scope for overboring.

Thats a bummer :( I'm not sure how far you can bore it. Maybe you will have to ask a workshop that works 2J's or maybe the US Supra forums.

JZK25
27-06-06, 06:39 PM
The bore is ok to go 40 thou(max overbore) but I can't justify the cost of doing it atm so I'll have to weigh up my options.

Nick
27-06-06, 07:56 PM
Thats a bummer :( I'm not sure how far you can bore it. Maybe you will have to ask a workshop that works 2J's or maybe the US Supra forums.

Well HKS make a 3.4L kit so that give you a indication of the boring. I did have some specs awhile ago but they got eatin by a fuckwit.

JZK25
27-06-06, 08:59 PM
3.4 kit would have to be a stroke increase, there is absolutely no scope for overboring anymore than the std 1mm. The cylinder walls are siamesed, it would be some seriously funky sleevework to overbore a JZ practically.

Mr Ed
27-06-06, 09:50 PM
3.4 kit would have to be a stroke increase, there is absolutely no scope for overboring anymore than the std 1mm. The cylinder walls are siamesed, it would be some seriously funky sleevework to overbore a JZ practically.
Yep DEFINATELY a stroker kit. From memory it comes will slightly oversized pistons to allow for a clean up though. Not that it would help you though, it think they cost something like $11billionandone dollars.

I agree that the US Supra forums would be the place to ask. If you dont have an account ill do it for you. Have you already searched?

Mr Ed
27-06-06, 10:01 PM
Found this on the HKS kit:

With the concept of Drag racing in mind during development, the 2JZ-GTE 3.4L KIT was created and able to output approximately 1000ps of power and a huge increase in low end torque. Using Nickel plating on the upper half of the forged pistons allows for resistance versus knocking. Utlilizes a machined full-counter deisign crankshaft. Connecting Rods are H-beam designed for maximum strength and durabilty.

Head Gasket Thickness Compression Ratio
1.2mm 8.8
1.6mm 8.6
2.0mm 8.3

Comparison Between Stock and HKS set up
HKS 3.4L KIT STOCK
BORE 87.0mm 86.0mm
STROKE 94.0mm 86.0mm
DISPLACEMENT 3,352.8ml 2,997.3ml

PRODUCT Engine Capacity Type Boring Full Flow Porting Part Number Price Remarks
2JZ-GTE 3.4L KIT 2JZ-GTE 3352.8 87mm-22mm YES NEEDED NOT NEEDED 21004-AT001 Ni plated forged pistons, machined full counter crankshaft, H beam conrods, approximate rpm range up to 7500rpm
Forged Pistons 2JZ-GTE 3352.8 87mm-22mm YES NEEDED NOT NEEDED 21003-AT001
Machined Crankshaft 2JZ-GTE 23006-AT001 94.0mm Stroke, Full Counter

H Beam Connecting Rod 2JZ-GTE 22mm pin NOT NEEDED 2304-rt004 Can Handle Full Stroke

MSRP = $11,915.00

Mr Ed
27-06-06, 10:06 PM
Found a thread on maximum overbore. Popular opinion is 40thou max, but 20thou preferred.

Heres the thread. ;)
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241768

2JZR31
28-06-06, 11:32 PM
I asked on the supra forums. No really solid info but most people I have spoken to agree that the 2JZ GE block is exactly the same but has not been machined to accept oil squirters and oil feeds.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373682

http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=20877

So you can rebuild to stock specs using a GE block. Or maybe just ram a 1JZ GTE block under your 2JZ GTE head and make a reverse 1.5JZ :p From some head flow charts I have seen (ported and non ported) the 2JZ flows better that the 1JZ head. So its probably all bullshit about the traditional 1.5JZ being better than a normal 2JZ. (which does not surprise me since the 2JZ ports look bigger and why would Yamaha make a worse flowing head on a bigger and newer engine?) http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339560

...On the other hand doing a reverse 1.5JZ might give you an advantage for the 1JZ crown. You should get into the 1JZ top 20 for sure. Probably in the top 10 I reckon. Something to consider :)

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=703

jizmstr0
29-06-06, 01:14 PM
Yeah, do the reverse 1.5jz and get on the list then :)

Then do the whole 2jz.

JZK25
29-06-06, 02:27 PM
Am thinking GE block and 3mm head gsaket might be the go atm.

JZK25
29-06-06, 08:29 PM
Dunno about the top 10 thing but I think I will do the 6/4thsJZ anyway, the price is right. My bro is giving his spare up for the greater good. I've gone full circle now, getting back the engine that was in the car 4 years ago. Damn Projects.

Nick
29-06-06, 09:03 PM
Shits me about the whole 1.5JZ and the wives tale about the 1JZ head flowing better. Only real reason it's done is for 1JZ owners to have a cheap power upgrade and stroke increase without throwing away there cams, turbo, manafold etc.

koppers
29-06-06, 09:28 PM
Shits me about the whole 1.5JZ and the wives tale about the 1JZ head flowing better. Only real reason it's done is for 1JZ owners to have a cheap power upgrade and stroke increase without throwing away there cams, turbo, manafold etc.

That, and the fact that all the dash, wiring etc can still be used off the 1j head. My best mate owns the MYT13 purple soarer, and that thing used the 1.5 really well.

Badluck with the setback JZK25, I hope it all works out.

2JZR31
29-06-06, 11:47 PM
Yeah, even the title "1.5JZ" gives me the shits... If its 3 liters it a 2JZ if its 2.5 liters its a 1JZ.

Dunno about the top 10 thing but I think I will do the 6/4thsJZ anyway

If 1650KG soarers can get into the 12's with stock turbos. I think you will have 11's in the bag with a 1200kg VK with upgraded turbos, traction permitting of course. :D

JZK25
30-06-06, 02:56 PM
Ok, are 1JZ and 2JZ head gaskets the same? Same bore size so I figured they would be. Cometic or Genuine? Opinions. Cometic is $100 cheaper I think.

Thanks to my Bro for giving up his spare donk for the greater good.

Nick
30-06-06, 05:33 PM
Genuine all the way, they work the same but there is a couple of differences in the water gallery holes.

JZK25
30-06-06, 06:44 PM
So just get a 2J gasket then? I noticed that the head water galleries were restricted to a small orifice by the headgasket.

That thread about 1j vs 2J heads on SF was interesting. It would have been better if people could back up there statements with other evidence though. "I know a bloke that fitted a 2J head to a 1J and took it back off 'cause it was shit" doesn't really help much. :) There are many ways that this combo could go wrong but I imagine it would be from trying to use std ecu and turbo systems and then just swapping heads.

2JZR31
01-07-06, 11:52 AM
Meh, I wouldn't worry. I bet it turns out fine. All we know is the 2JZ flows more so you will probably get more top end power. If there is a small loss in bottom end torque the much lighter weight of your car compared to a supra or Soarer will easily overcome it. Looks like you will be the one to put the bullshit to rest anyway. :)

jzx83
05-07-06, 06:52 AM
Hey all,
1jz block has had the head taken off over the weekend by Gary (My mate). Looks okay and will be loaded onto one of the Rodeo utes today to go for a little drive down to the big shed, where Al will probably give it quite a bit of tender loving care for a month or three, prior to being given the caning that it so richly deserves. Does this mean I get to flog the Commy as well? :)

2JZR31
05-07-06, 12:11 PM
Does this mean I get to flog the Commy as well

Well its your engine :D

jzx83
07-07-06, 08:05 AM
Well about 5/8 of the 6/4JZ will be .... probably. Al's been known to change course before, and it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen again. I do look forward to sampling some more of that JZ goodness, particularly when it involves a bit of borderline OTT silliness with big turbos. MMMmmm sensation of jet plane on take off... Argle argle argle.
Quite looking forward to that. Hopefully by the time it happens I will have the personal speed sensors attuned to being in something a hell of a lot faster than the old Crown or the Rodeos.

ALLMTR
29-07-06, 12:39 AM
Yeah, even the title "1.5JZ" gives me the shits... If its 3 liters it a 2JZ if its 2.5 liters its a 1JZ.

Yeah shitz me too. Since when does the head dictate what kind of motor it is. If I put 302 heads on a 351 what does that make it......A FLICKEN 351!!!!!

JZK25
09-01-07, 05:25 PM
Any chance of a move to PF rides Muz?

Need some encouragement to finish this thing after the dead 2J setback.

2JZR31
09-01-07, 07:51 PM
Al, you do not have PF's permission to sell this car. :D Tell him Muz.

Selling this car before we can see the final results will result in nasty curse's and shit.

jzx83
09-01-07, 08:59 PM
OH NOES!!!111 We're calling in the PF Druids again. Has anyone been put into that position yet. Hmm whats the pay like.

(Thinks) I could fashion my own sickle out of an old bit of steel if the need arose.

Oh yeah. I wanna drive the VK.

BigMuz
10-01-07, 06:19 AM
I'll swap you for my VK :D

Moved mate. Love it. Get stuck in and post pics (but not of your hairy bumcrack please)

BigMuz
10-01-07, 06:22 AM
Oh and I just realised where that random dump pipe picture came from :D

TK
10-01-07, 06:48 AM
Do you need another block?, I may be able to chase one up - if you post exactly what you need (no idea on these JZ jiggers) chances are good that I can chase down a block or a short.
Can also get you oversize pistons - forged or stock replacement, I guess it comes down to how much another block is worth.

Cheers
TK

JZK25
10-01-07, 07:32 AM
The engine just needs a set of pistons and a general rebuild. This'll cost me around $2k(I am a mechanic). My problem is I can't bring myself to rebuild an engine that for my purposes would be more than adequate std. I can buy another 2J for around the same money.
Appreciate the offer though TK.

Muz, that wasn't my hairy crack, that was Az's(myliberty2).

Bets on who will finish there JZ project first Muz? :D

BigMuz
10-01-07, 07:35 AM
Ahh. I'll try not to get your bumcracks mixed up again :D

Umm, you'll win I think. I have stripped the front end and got the diff cut up ready to fab the brackets for, and blasted and painted all the suspension arms and bits and bobs. But done fuck all really. Money isn't the strong point atm.

TK
10-01-07, 07:38 AM
If you're gonna spend 2k either way, wouldn't you choose the option that'll give you a fresh engine?

Cheers
TK

JZK25
10-01-07, 07:42 AM
Hmm. Piston and bearing recommendation and $$. Only want 500hp.

TK
10-01-07, 08:11 AM
Not a huge selection available (& not cheap) :
Endurotek cast $780 + rings $80
JE forged including rings $1450

The cast pistons would do the job, but the JE's are the closest thing to indestructable.

NDC bearings (jap stuff - very good) mains $140 b/e $80

Scat H-beam rods $550 (had to put that in to tempt you)

ACL proseal MLS head gasket $230

ACL race series full gasket set (including MLS head gasket) $600 :eek:

Looking at the cost of parts you may be better off with another engine...
Fuck they're expensive jiggers to build.

Cheers
TK

BigMuz
10-01-07, 08:19 AM
yeah, and stock they will make a thousand for a long time with a good tuner. Pretty amazing stuff, especially when compared to junk like rb engines.

JZK25
10-01-07, 08:41 AM
Thanks TK. They are similiar prices to what I got from the local machine shop.
As Muz said, if it was a junker RB it would be a good thing to rebuild the engine but the JZ is so good factory it seems like a waste to rebuild one for my purpose.

I think I'll just buy another(good this time) engine and sell the other one for rebuild. How much do you think it would be worth TK?

TJ
10-01-07, 08:53 AM
Well you can buy an aristo half cut for 3k, your only selling the motor, which needs rebuild?

sub 1k.

JZK25
10-01-07, 09:02 AM
Yeah plenty of Aristo cuts and engine packages around here for $3k ish.
I thought about $1k for the rebuilder, prolly not much call for it though except for "1.5JZ" guys.

TK
10-01-07, 09:20 AM
You'd have to find someone that want's to build a killer, looks like it's not worth rebuilding unless you're going all out.
Somewhat limited demand for stuffed 2jz's if you can get 600+ hp out of a stocker.

Just for interest sake, if you were to strip the engine & send the short over I could rebuild it with oversize cast pistons new rings & bearings & supply the remainder of the gaskets (mls head gasket) for around $2300 - $2400 + whatever freight would cost to get it here & back.
Machining would include:

Hot tank block & parts
Bore & hone
Deck block
Linish crank
Check rods
Assemble short engine

Wouldn't usually do it for that money but I'm keen to have a look at one of these JZ things.

Cheers
TK

JZK25
10-01-07, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the quote TK. Don't think I'll rebuild the engine but keep me in mind if you have call for a rebuilder in future.
There isn't much to see in a JZ, they are so damn simple. They have none of the bottom end stiffeners that Nissan use. Don't know what they did to make them so strong. Head is equally unimpressive to look at.

2JZR31
10-01-07, 10:33 AM
I think there is just a shitload of metal in them where it counts (heavy), and its probably a higher grade than Nissan stuff or something. Totally unremarkable, just done right somehow.

BigMuz
10-01-07, 03:11 PM
And every fastener is absolute perfection. Even the threads and machining of the blocks is absolutely perfect and just plain nice.

2JZR31
10-01-07, 04:40 PM
All the manifold and turbo studs are made of very high grade steel. I have never seen one break. You can keep reusing them for the life of the engine and they will last, they come out looking like new no matter how many times you have used them. I would rather trust used JZ studs than new "high tensile ones". Nissan studs snap off in the head just by looking at them. My RB30 has snapped about 6. Maybe this demonstrates a use of higher quality materials?

BigMuz
10-01-07, 04:42 PM
Yep. The word is Engineering and toyota do it better.

/fan club :sandyvag:

2JZR31
10-01-07, 04:50 PM
:sandyvag: awww. The fan club. :worship: JZ

Euroboost
10-01-07, 08:26 PM
I see some one fitted a decent brake booster some time in the past. Can't wait till it's finished.

BigMuz
11-01-07, 04:50 AM
?? Looks like a factory one to me?

JZK25
11-01-07, 07:52 AM
I think it is std, it was a factory 4 wheel disc car so might be bigger than the dungers. Has an Inch master cylinder now too.

Euroboost
11-01-07, 01:40 PM
I think it is std, it was a factory 4 wheel disc car so might be bigger than the dungers. Has an Inch master cylinder now too.
4 wheel disc cars only had 3/4" master cyl. Only Brock and Police cars had 1" master cyl. Same with the later stuff, at least until the VS. Our Calais currently has the 3/4" but I've got a 1" in the shed, don't really need the upgrade with a untouched 250,000km 202 EFI under the bonnet!
What diff are you running?

JZK25
11-01-07, 01:50 PM
1" MC was fitted when the VL Turbo front brakes were fitted.

It has a 3.5 LSD 9".

The car started life as an auto 202 efi berlina.

adamRSLC
15-01-07, 12:31 PM
Hey AL good to see the commo going forward and az's car is looking great , unfortunatly i had the miss-pleasure of meeting az and can understand you pain :) .

As for 1 inch masters and 4wdiscs on commo's its been factory for V8's since VB's. VT onwards ( twin piston ) run a "quick fill" master which works well on the older cars giving a better pedal .

adam

MR 1JZ
15-01-07, 01:11 PM
Team JZ...When good isnt good enough

MR 1JZ
15-01-07, 01:11 PM
BTW are you putting a 2JZ head on a 1J?

sweet...also...why not destroke the 1J to 2.1 litres and rev it to 11K ;)

2JZR31
15-01-07, 10:14 PM
RPM is the new KW. The more RPM you have (despite power loss) the cooler you are.

ALLMTR
16-01-07, 02:43 PM
Yeah plenty of Aristo cuts and engine packages around here for $3k ish.

Really???? Have they dropped that much? Who is selling them that cheap? All the Syd/Newy ones still want 4500+

JZK25
16-01-07, 06:03 PM
Early Aristo cuts are around $3k in Brisbane.
You can buy a whole Aristo for $10k so it isn't a big surprise that the cuts are cheap.
My dead engine was $2k about 2 years ago.

I'm going to get this farking car going one day seeing as you PFers won't buy it. :D

bolby
16-08-08, 08:05 PM
any updates?

JZK25
16-08-08, 08:47 PM
Yep, 3 month old boy, 1 year old business, massif commercial property debt, lonely VK with 2 flat tyres(simmons, nuff said).
Thanks for asking though. :)

Will soon be in the hands of a mate and I will be helping him finish it. Will be Aristo 2J plus auto, factory ecu and all the custom TT stuff I made.

bolby
17-08-08, 09:29 PM
lol well congrats on the lil one

JZK25
13-08-10, 07:39 PM
Is this still for sale?

JZK25
13-08-10, 08:26 PM
But seriously, this has come back to me after about 3 years and 2 other owners. My mate Mark(2JZ Chaser dude) has bought it and I get to finish what I started. Cool.

Got a 2JZ and a JZX100 auto(slip yoke and cheaper to get convertors for) and slid them in. Fitted up the old twin manifolds with a pair of new EJ25 IHI VF46 turbos, revised and finished off the exhaust system and did the same with the turbo plumbing and cooler pipes.

Still a heap to do but it's looking good.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/VK2JZ001.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/VK2JZ002.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/VK2JZ004.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/VK2JZ003.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/VK2JZ005.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/VK2JZ006.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/VK2JZ007.jpg

Have to fit a wiring loom and dash, Hurst shifter, wire the ecu, fit the 330mm front brakes, change the valve body to a kitted Aristo version and then wear the stickers off the 10 year old Kelly Chargers(Mark can do that).

BigMuz
14-08-10, 08:16 AM
Fuck yeah!

A mate up here has an almost identical VK with an LS and whipple.. VKs- awesomeness!

myliberty
14-08-10, 09:32 AM
Fuck yeah!

A mate up here has an almost identical rust free VK with an LS, flat tops and whipple.. VKs- awesomeness!

fixxed

Shifty
14-08-10, 01:35 PM
i was thinking... fark that's a small turbo... then clicked that there are two.

JZK25
14-08-10, 05:20 PM
They are pretty small, similiar in size to a TDO4L but with very open turbines to suit the EJ25 engine. They also have some flash compressor cover that IHI calls a 5 arc scroll which apparently improves things. They are brand new and at $300 each should get it to 400hp atw comfortably.

Did more on it today. Face picked up a wiring harness from Barsby's while he was up there in his truck(presumably running drugs) and I coaxed him into fitting that and the dash back in while I made more pipes and shit. Also replaced the old VK booster/master with a VS unit. Will start on the wiring tomorrow at home.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK2JZ.jpg

jzx83
14-08-10, 09:58 PM
Holy thread resurrection batman!!!111111

I was sad to see you sell this, especially given that it was the source of your nickname on here. And that it helped inspire us to do a JZ conversion of our own. All I can say now is FINISH EEEEET!!

Isn't that the wrong dirty old Commodore for Face to be working on?

JZK25
28-08-10, 06:11 PM
Got this thing going today. Mark came down from Hervey Bay to fap over it so we did some shed skids to celebrate it going after 10 years. Wore the stickers off the 10y.o. Kelly chargers(no joke).
It's very quiet with an off the shelf VL Turbo cat back and the turbos seem to spin up stupidly quick.
Face didn't come down to help me because he was either at the Muster being a redneck or under the thumb. :D

132oft
29-08-10, 08:28 PM
Where's the video Al?

JZK25
30-08-10, 05:56 PM
How do you embed videos?

2JZR31
30-08-10, 06:06 PM
Load on youtube and link. Embedding is shit anyway.

JZK25
30-08-10, 06:08 PM
It's on fagbook.

Don't stalk me cunts.
http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=751474234

TT
30-08-10, 06:38 PM
get it off fag book and put it on jewtube.

2JZR31
30-08-10, 06:53 PM
Sic dose bros. :D

JZK25
30-08-10, 06:55 PM
Specially designed twin dose pipes. patent pending.

2JZR31
30-08-10, 07:09 PM
I remember the first time I came to your place 5 years ago to pick up some spare 2JZ turbos you were working on this. We got drunk with Gary and spoke shit for ages. Was cool. :sandyvag: :rotflol:

I was a little disappointed when you found your 2JZ was fucked and you shelved it. So its awesome to see it going. I hope Mark will take me for a spin in it one of these days. :)

Those turbos seem stupidly responsive. How do they compare to stockers run in parallel?

JZK25
04-09-10, 06:04 PM
Getting close with this thing. Made a heat shield and did a thousand things that are boring but have to be done. Fitted the 330mm brakes under the 16" simmons(surprisingly).

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/VK2JZ010.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/VK2JZ014.jpg

Made a dash for 6 autometer guages. Speed, Tach, water temp, fuel level, boost and trans temp. Cosmetics can come later.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/VK2JZ009.jpg

Scrubs up alright after all these years.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/VK2JZ011.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/VK2JZ012.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/VK2JZ013.jpg

MR 1JZ
04-09-10, 07:32 PM
looks angry...I like it!

Dave
04-09-10, 08:45 PM
do you want some moulds for the doors, I have some here that you can have.

JZK25
04-09-10, 08:47 PM
Possibly Dave, will get back to you.

Dave
04-09-10, 08:49 PM
they are bright purple, they will look tits on the car

dhs
04-09-10, 09:58 PM
OK I'm nursing a mongrel now.
Skid vids not loading :)

JZK25
05-09-10, 07:03 AM
There's a skid vid back one page.

Purple will accent it nicely Dave, hook me up. PM price.

Dave
05-09-10, 07:40 AM
they are free

Dave
05-09-10, 07:41 AM
they are free

myliberty
05-09-10, 08:05 AM
How much are they Dave?

Dave
05-09-10, 09:38 AM
they are free

JZK25
05-09-10, 10:08 AM
Beer then.

Give them to Az and he can deliver them when he comes and gets his shitter out of my shed. Him and Cracka have got a lot of cutting and grinding to do.

myliberty
05-09-10, 10:13 AM
Him and Cracka have got a lot of cutting and grinding to do.

next week.

JZK25
05-09-10, 10:15 AM
We can pull Nicks shitter apart and you can copy his pipes.

myliberty
05-09-10, 10:28 AM
I'll be there. Just have to secure a leave pass from the wife...

Dave
05-09-10, 10:35 AM
Beer then.

Give them to Az and he can deliver them when he comes and gets his shitter out of my shed. Him and Cracka have got a lot of cutting and grinding to do.

I might come up and drink piss whilst they work, as long as it isn't next sat

myliberty
05-09-10, 11:25 AM
It'll be a few Saturdays in a row I'd say.

cracka
05-09-10, 12:20 PM
I might come up and drink piss whilst they work, as long as it isn't next sat

I'll be somewhere....fuck knows... maybe indonesia for works.

Love the skidK tho Al. epic.

thebluerx7
08-09-10, 09:39 PM
weighbridge this thing when its finished while u guys have got it down there would ya?

JZK25
09-09-10, 06:46 AM
I nominate you to screw the rest of the interior together. :D

JZK25
17-09-10, 07:35 PM
The 2J in this thing decided to turn into a crack whore last week and was idling like a 202 with a 30/70 cam. I served it up several beatings but it would not yield so I sent it down to the dyno and they gave it a thrashing on the rollers which beat it back into smooth idling submission. It had carbon under a valve which was playing havoc with everything, all good now.
Made 345hp atw at 15psi before running out of fuel.
It makes 15 psi on the converter at 4K with the stock 1JZ auto.

Hoping for rego next thursday followed by some sorting, then mark can have it for skids and incarceration.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/VK2JZ015.jpg

132oft
17-09-10, 07:39 PM
I was wondering what that coughing and spluttering was over there. Thought it might have been Andrew suffering another one of your concoctions, turns out I was right :p

Love your posts Al, funny shit. Also nice work :)

BigMuz
17-09-10, 07:55 PM
That would hum in a 1200ish kilo car. Nice stuff.

thebluerx7
17-09-10, 08:19 PM
im extremely keen to see how this thing goes in that body.how long can he hold of modding it for more power,i want to mod it for more power and i dont own it nor have i even seen it in person lol.

good potential for a 10 in future from this condomadore i think.

whats this next thursday ? it better be back in the bay by monday,u will be out leb cruising mooloolaba in it on the weekend hahahah

2JZR31
18-09-10, 02:04 PM
Cool :) Any plans to run 25+ psi? :D It seems to just be making a little more power than stock twins with a little more lag ATM (in TTC). But stockers would be near their limit and I guess these will keep making up to 400 or so with more boost? You reckon you can get there with extra fuel pressure?

JZK25
19-09-10, 08:35 AM
Wasn't really concerned about breaking any records at the time, just getting it running properly and using up the available fuel. These turbos will happily run 20psi and easily go over 400atw but I think it will probably just get the bigger turbos we wanted for it in the first place rather than push these hard.

Got these in yesterday. Bracketry was pretty easy to make once I figured out the best legal way to do it.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/1JZS14008.jpg

thebluerx7
19-09-10, 02:11 PM
Cool :) Any plans to run 25+ psi? :D It seems to just be making a little more power than stock twins with a little more lag ATM (in TTC). But stockers would be near their limit and I guess these will keep making up to 400 or so with more boost? You reckon you can get there with extra fuel pressure?

its making more than stock twins surely?

345hp on 15psi

marks old aristo was on 18psi and was good setup all round on stock twins and ran 170kmh terminal speeds(105-107mph) /1820kg race weight and i would say 280rwhp ish.

then put t70 on at 19psi and it ran 116mph with non shifting gearbox and bbq smoke from tyres for 120m.that dynoed at 397rwhp on 19psi so there is no way that the stock twins were anywhere near 350rwhp some claim.

i dunno how these cars "dyno" at 350-360rwhp on 18psi with stock twins?

anyone got a moroso calculator to put that weight/power in for the aristo and tell me what it works out at?

thebluerx7
19-09-10, 02:14 PM
Wasn't really concerned about breaking any records at the time, just getting it running properly and using up the available fuel. These turbos will happily run 20psi and easily go over 400atw but I think it will probably just get the bigger turbos we wanted for it in the first place rather than push these hard.

Got these in yesterday. Bracketry was pretty easy to make once I figured out the best legal way to do it.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/amautoservices/VK%202JZ/1JZS14008.jpg

i dont like this small turbo twins stuff. response and driveability is the enemy.lol

proboost t66 with 082 rear.

or gt55 hi flowed with gt60 comp wheel with et pulsar t2 rear.

u pick one :rotflol:

MR 1JZ
19-09-10, 02:34 PM

345hp on 15psi

marks old aristo was on 18psi and was good setup all round on stock twins and ran 170kmh terminal speeds(105-107mph) /1820kg race weight and i would say 280rwhp ish.

then put t70 on at 19psi and it ran 116mph with non shifting gearbox and bbq smoke from tyres for 120m.that dynoed at 397rwhp on 19psi so there is no way that the stock twins were anywhere near 350rwhp some claim.

anyone got a moroso calculator to put that weight/power in for the aristo and tell me what it works out at?

mine made 255rwkw on turbo tunes dyno
then 253rwkw on fisher performances one

hrt5l
19-09-10, 03:29 PM

345hp on 15psi

170kph/105mph and 1820kg/4012pounds = 355hp/264kw by the moroso calculator. Thats average power not peak power at the engine to run that mph, 350rwhp still seems a little optimistic for that mph.

31wags
19-09-10, 04:25 PM
Love it keep up the good work.

JZK25
19-09-10, 07:01 PM
I've never done anything with the stock twins other than throw them in the bin. The system is a fucking trainwreck of design and should not be negotiated with. Bullet in head, move on.
The only reason I could see for people blowing the horn of the std system is that they are incapable of replacing it with something better.

I'd like to see a sheet showing the power delivery of a high powered stock twin. Lag, spike, choke.

BMWTurbo
19-09-10, 09:00 PM
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1283/090921dyno.jpg

:)

JZK25
19-09-10, 09:19 PM
http://www.kayaksportfishing.com/images_3/photos_18/images/JewFish3a.jpg

2JZR31
20-09-10, 05:16 AM
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/12/images/061222-giant-squid.jpg

2JZR31
20-09-10, 05:16 AM
http://cellar.org/2006/world-largest-diesel-engine.jpg

Euroboost
20-09-10, 07:27 PM
Serious question, why did Toyota go to the trouble, and expense of the twin turbos? I've yet to see anyone have a positive thing to say about it.

JZK25
20-09-10, 08:19 PM
That's what they did in the 90's, it was the fashion to have stupidly complicated twin turbo systems so you can write more shit on the engine covers.

132oft
20-09-10, 11:07 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/redhsv/th_Picswithkirk5-5-06146.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/image/1hdfte cam cover/redhsv/Picswithkirk5-5-06146.jpg?o=1)

My favourite shit that Toyota writes on their engine covers.
1 Heavy Duty Fuckin Toyota Engine

thebluerx7
21-09-10, 06:20 AM
170kph/105mph and 1820kg/4012pounds = 355hp/264kw by the moroso calculator. Thats average power not peak power at the engine to run that mph, 350rwhp still seems a little optimistic for that mph.

exactly,so my 280rwhp estimate was correct based on 350rwhp engine power max.

they may dyno at 350rwhp but in reality im yet to see one run the mph to go with it.

i am open to being proven wrong though.

thebluerx7
21-09-10, 06:21 AM
http://cellar.org/2006/world-largest-diesel-engine.jpg

is that the titan 2jz 3.4L kit?

2JZR31
21-09-10, 09:26 AM
exactly,so my 280rwhp estimate was correct based on 350rwhp engine power max.

they may dyno at 350rwhp but in reality im yet to see one run the mph to go with it.

i am open to being proven wrong though.

Who cares we are comparing dyno figures to dyno figures. Also how much power does an Aristo need to run 12.9 @ 113 because Jons done that with stock turbos, new exhaust FMIC and FCD. Someone else done 115 with stock turbos. Work that out.

http://www.jzs147.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1295

Serious question, why did Toyota go to the trouble, and expense of the twin turbos? I've yet to see anyone have a positive thing to say about it.

I actually like performance the stock sequential system and so do a lot of other people. Ben has gone to the trouble of trying to upgrade his twins to keep the sequential system. In fact the stock turbo setup was probably my favorite stage of my R31 when it came to daily driving. It still done 12.5 @ 115 and was realistically quicker on the street than when it was running 10.8 @ 125 at the track with a large single. Everything on it is actually easy to troubleshoot and repair besides if a rear turbo dies (that will take the best part of 10 hours to fix). I only know how it all works because I pulled the shit right apart and put it back together.

Having one small turbo running off a 3L engine down low makes it very streetable, quiet and responsive for daily driving and gives a great hit off the mark on the street and track. You can make a simple circuit to run the stock turbos in parallel and the lag is massively worse, the engine noise almost doubles and it will add about 1.5 seconds to your quarter-mile time. However it will be better for rolling races as the turbos don't have to switch over when you gun it. So unless you are making a heap more top end power than stock with either a parallel twin or single upgrade it will be an overall drawback in terms of performance.

I guess what I am saying is crank the boost up farkin, and or hurry up and fit the big turbos to realize the potential of the awesome fabrication work yous have done :D Good idea too with the 1JZ auto as the converters are heaps looser than a 2JZ which will only stall to 2000rpm. It would be sweet if the 1JZ converter fit into a 2JZ box.

2JZR31
21-09-10, 06:23 PM
not only are stock peashooters very silly and somewhat effeminate :) they sound like arse, due to only hearing half the motor, from all the convoluted pipes and plumbing.

when ben set mine up to run true twin it sounded a billion times better. if it wasnt for the ridiculous booming resonance it also caused i would have left it like that permanently... well at least until it all came off.

You can set it up with a switch so you can choose between both at any time. Yes it gets heaps louder and drones like all fuck hence why I said one of the benefits of the stock system is noise, or lack thereof for a daily. :) I kinda liked the sound. It had a bit of a Subaru dak dak to it because of the highly unequal exhaust lengths. I reckon my car got about 3 times louder with a single turbo and 4000 rpm converter. So much that I would always be taking off slower rather than faster than normal traffic. Which is another reason why the stock turbos are faster in actual daily use.

2JZR31
21-09-10, 07:04 PM
are your ears painted on? :)

:rotflol:

BigMuz
21-09-10, 08:16 PM
Where is your thread rusty?

hrt5l
21-09-10, 08:48 PM
I drove a mates near stock 6 speed supra and hated the way the twins came on, still feels like its lagging as the first turbo gives you next to nothing, then there's the surge when the second one comes on and you change gears and do it all again. I think the best place for that setup is the bin.

2JZR31
21-09-10, 10:11 PM
Yeah it wouldn't be all that great in a manual. It might feel like the first turbo does nothing until you fit a switch to change it to parallel, but it will reduce your quarter mile times by about 1.5 seconds in an auto.

BMWTurbo
22-09-10, 08:00 AM
More often then not the sequential system isn't well maintained and does not function correctly. Leaky vacuum lines, faulty VSV's are a big thing also. I haven't worked on a huge volume of systems but of the 4-5 systems I'm checked all had a faulty VSV or vacuum leak of some description.

When it's worknig correctly there is no 'changeover' as such, just power, then it transitions to more power. The rise when #2 comes on can mean that only #1 doesn't feel that impressive. The std ceramics have extremely quick spool.

TT
22-09-10, 09:03 AM
does the 1J have the same issue/symptoms?
or are they parallel?

nash
22-09-10, 09:55 AM
parallel

JZK25
23-09-10, 06:46 PM
This got modplated, RWC'd and rego'd today. Wooot.

Mark cam down and did the dirty work at the transport department(without incident too, wtf) and then went driving. Got a W/A and then went to a weighbridge. Came in a 1480 with full tank of fuel and 100kegs of fat cunt. Heavier than we expected but in hindsight the quoted figures of 1250kg would have been dry weight and without fat cunt. He also weighed the Chaser, it came in at 1660kg with same fuel and fat cunt load.

Anyhoo, it needs rear tyres, the 10 yo Kelly's are useless and caused me to have a tight sphincter on a casual drive up the street when it went sideways as some boost arrived. Cool when you are expecting it, not cool in the middle of a busy street when you're not.

The twin turbos make some bizarre dose noises too, teh VL crew would be in awe.

thebluerx7
30-09-10, 06:22 AM
well i drove this thing the other night in the rain.

its hard to gauge speed as it has not grip but when i could get it down it went quite well.

the twins are an excellent combo and once on 25-30psi should see some strong power i think.

the response in most cases is near instant to full boost and stock converter does not worry it at all.2100rpm @100kmh too with 3.55 gears.

all in all its an interesting setup,we will gtech it soon and see the ball park its currently in mph wise.should be interesting.

JZK25
30-09-10, 07:42 AM
I'm working on gettiing a pair of VF30's atm, they are similiar in size and output to 2860's. Will lag it up a bit but make shiteloads more power.

thebluerx7
30-09-10, 04:21 PM
I'm working on gettiing a pair of VF30's atm, they are similiar in size and output to 2860's. Will lag it up a bit but make shiteloads more power.

yah i dunno,i personaly would run these at 30psi and see how they go power wise.as mark was saying a 2jz on youtube in vk with 430rwhp and a glide went 10.8@127mph.

he said he will be happy with that anyway so i think that these turbos will see low 400-450rwhp at 25-30psi anyway and if it does it will have an outrageous power curve if it can hold airflow at those pressures to peak rpm.

i think max these suckers then change them,but hey,if they get changed and it goes 500rwhp then thats also good:)

myliberty
30-09-10, 04:39 PM
VF10/12 will fall apart if you're running over 20/25psi.

needs 2x TD05's @ 30psi. those little mitsi turbos are bullet proof.

2JZR31
30-09-10, 05:38 PM
I would try the ones you have at 30 psi first, then only change them if its still not enough. I concur about the VF10s falling apart as my brother blew a heap on on his 1JZ. 2xTDO5s were also a failure on his 1JZ due to surge. But the extra capacity of a 2JZ should help that.

JZK25
30-09-10, 06:00 PM
They are VF46's so about 25years newer than VF10/12. I doubt they will make power at 30 psi but should handle low to mid 20's.

2JZR31
30-09-10, 06:16 PM
Suck it and see? :D

JZK25
30-09-10, 07:38 PM
Probably will but I kinda want them back for my VQ30 in usable order.

2JZR31
30-09-10, 07:43 PM
I don't reckon they will really either but its not hard to crank it up and see. And what is this nissan rubbish you are playing with now. Blasphemer

JZK25
30-09-10, 08:10 PM
VQ30 is the 2JZ of Nissan's. They outsourced it's design to Toyota in exchange for Nissan's expertise in designing the 1jz VVT.

2JZR31
30-09-10, 08:30 PM
VQ30 is the 2JZ of Nissan's. They outsourced it's design to Toyota in exchange for Nissan's expertise in designing the 1jz VVT.

:rotflol:

tim510
30-09-10, 11:05 PM
VQ30 = hotness

thebluerx7
01-10-10, 02:49 PM
Suck it and see? :D

they will do it and they will love it:)

25-30psi will be the limit but they should make power up there.

even if it makes 30psi and falls to 25psi up top it should be fully hecktomatic anyway.

they are 180awkw turbos in single form on original engine i think al told mark. x 2 =360wkw.

thats 480rwhp potential at normal pressures they run on the subies which for most subie geeks is 18-22psi.they are usually manuals though so that should be low 400's @ low 20psi ish,and im sur ethey would have some left in them atleast to 25psi.

these small turbos must be punished for being used on a 2jz and producing torque in a usable manner.30psi or turbos die,whichever comes first:rotflol:

al,you dont mind getting them back with exploded comp wheels do ya?

JZK25
01-10-10, 05:38 PM
Mark did pay for them so technically I have no say. Needs 550's, SAFC etc first though.
There's a HKS boost controller in the boot of the VK too. Came off an MA70 so is vintage but should still work.

Lol at Mark doing a 6 hour round trip to the airport to pick up his Mum in the VK instead of the Chaser.

thebluerx7
02-10-10, 08:38 AM
Mark did pay for them so technically I have no say. Needs 550's, SAFC etc first though.
There's a HKS boost controller in the boot of the VK too. Came off an MA70 so is vintage but should still work.

Lol at Mark doing a 6 hour round trip to the airport to pick up his Mum in the VK instead of the Chaser.

its not too bad to drive but steering is bit heavy.

hey,i noticed its got a faily strong driveline vibration from 100-160k ish,has it got new unis and is tailshaft balanced etc? feels a bit unnverving even for me.

mark mentioned one of the axles ? it might be ok in the dry,maybe it was just tyres/driveline scrabbling for grip on the wet,but i dont think so.

JZK25
02-10-10, 06:43 PM
Tailshaft should be balanced and uni's are new. I noticed that on the dyno but just put it down to commodorism.

BigMuz
02-10-10, 07:49 PM
Centre bearing.

|555|
03-10-10, 09:43 AM
Centre bearing.

This! I remember mine shitting itself and the shaft dropping on the freeway...thank fuck the car didn't pole vault :D

on another note...

This car needs some TD06-20G's with external gates you fucking ghey cunts...

NOTHING beats an I6 with gates.

JZK25
03-10-10, 09:01 PM
You don't even have external gates do you? :D

ALLMTR
04-05-11, 07:02 AM
How's this going? Any current pics? How's the ol paint job holding up?

thebluerx7
05-05-11, 07:41 PM
bigger subaru turbos on it,stock coils back on it and 26psi.still going well.prob mid 400's(dynoed 411rwhp with its hurrendous surge issue it had for a while on 22psi).