PDA

View Full Version : The Fraser

Billzilla
03-12-06, 01:02 PM
I've wanted a Se7en clone for yonks, and finally got one. I liked the Fraser's so that's the kit I got, and although it took a lot longer than what I would have liked it's finally on the road and looking good.

http://www.billzilla.org/frasertesting2.jpg

That's when we were testing it for the lane-change stuff to get rego, the roll-bar looks a lot better now.

Just got a decent side exhaust on it a few weeks ago.

http://www.billzilla.org/fraserext2.jpg

It's got an Altezza 3SGE with about 220hp, 6-speed manual gearbox, Quaife Torsen LSD, deDion rear suspension, push-rod rocker front suspension, Motec M400 & ADL, etc.

It's mostly done, but there's always lots of little things to be done. :)

intehnet
03-12-06, 02:32 PM
fuck, that's the business
as soon as the time is right i'm going to screw one of those together with a similar motor

Fatboy
03-12-06, 02:39 PM
Needs more 13b. Apart from that, awesome !! :)

Chad
03-12-06, 08:23 PM
Needs more 13b. Apart from that, awesome !! :)

Excuse my dodgy html:
http://www.onthenet.com.au/~ccroft/locost.html

V8Anus
04-12-06, 12:03 PM
is nice

Was there any issues regoing it with the aero screen?

Billzilla
04-12-06, 12:06 PM
is nice

Was there any issues regoing it with the aero screen?

Nope, it was a lot easier in fact - No wipers, heater box, etc.

BigMuz
04-12-06, 12:16 PM
Nope, it was a lot easier in fact - No wipers, heater box, etc. But you need to wear a helmet.
Fixed :D

Billzilla
04-12-06, 12:21 PM
Nope, it was a lot easier in fact - No wipers, heater box, etc. But you need to wear a helmet and not shoot blanks.

Fixed. :D

F|sh
04-12-06, 01:45 PM
so you polish it often??

what do you think of the ADvan A048R's bill?

Billzilla
04-12-06, 02:41 PM
so you polish it often??

what do you think of the ADvan A048R's bill?

Nah I'm very lazy, so not a lot of cleaning happens on any of the cars. (The bike is a different story though)

Dunno about the Advans, those are Dunlop's. :) Never used Advans before sorry.

F|sh
04-12-06, 04:26 PM
ahh they look like the new advans.

ah well. tuff little fraser

Mini_Me
04-12-06, 05:44 PM
Looks awesome bill. I too think i will buy/build one one day as a streetable track car. Love the wheels as well. Was it difficult to register/engineer with that motor and the motec etc?

Billzilla
04-12-06, 07:15 PM
Looks awesome bill. I too think i will buy/build one one day as a streetable track car. Love the wheels as well. Was it difficult to register/engineer with that motor and the motec etc?

The engine wasn't too bad, as when the paperwork went through it still was okay to use that engine. Can't do that now, the engine has to be a current-production Aussie-made unit. So something like a 2ZZ from a Corolla, etc.
Erm, shall we say that the Motec wasn't there when it got rego, it was running the stock ECU?
(Did that sound convincing?)

And with all the crap we had to go through to get rego, I would never ever consider doing a car like that again.
Ever.

RNGTR
05-12-06, 06:52 PM
Out of all your cars I like this the best. :)

What are your thoughts on the Altezza 3SGE Bill? I have a good mate currently putting one in a early model Celica.

Billzilla
05-12-06, 06:58 PM
What are your thoughts on the Altezza 3SGE Bill? I have a good mate currently putting one in a early model Celica.

They're a good thing. Very tall though and if you go aftermarket you have to get something like a Motec M400 to run it, with the VVT-i gear.
Got lots of nice bits in them, such as the titanium valves, etc.