PDA

View Full Version : Lc V8 Gtr

gtrboyy
11-03-07, 02:08 PM
Thought I would put up pics of my lc gtr that I have owned for over 12 years,crap pics off phone.

Vs s3 5l,5spd getrag,borgwarner with 3:89,lsd,mini-tubbed with coilovers,enlarged trans tunnel.18inch grange rims,330mm brakes up front & rear discs out back.

Pics taken before I pulled it apart,I should have washed it before pics,trying to find time to put it back together again lol.

gtrboyy
11-03-07, 02:22 PM
There is quite a few mods done I just can't remember them all like enlarged tailshaft tunnel,toyota h/bake & modified vs commodore h/brake,3in t/shaft,v8 hydraulic clutch conversion,hidden wiring,ecu in glovebox etc.

Not sure whether to put a vortech or a 6/71 on the 304 engine if I ever get it back together & engineered or rebuild the car again,put in a 6pt cage & do a 1jz or 2jz conversion.

Jim
11-03-07, 03:47 PM
Love it! Though I have to say I don't think the wheels suit it.

In a small car like the torrie, any big lump up the front makes them handle like a bastard, and if it was mine (well, if it was mine I wouldn't be removing what's in it that's for sure!) and I wanted an engine change, I'd be more inclined to look at the much lighter (and more powerful) LS1. Would cost about the same to convert anyway.

But back to the car as it is - other than the wheels, I love it!

ALLMTR
12-03-07, 08:08 PM
Yeah cool car. I wouldnt be changing the motor any time soon.

Gravitykills
12-03-07, 09:06 PM
I think the engine bay looks good, very neat and no bling shit everywhere. I'd own it

BOOTHY
07-11-08, 12:58 PM
looks great id love a LC as well!

WRXCunt
07-11-08, 01:10 PM
looks great id love a LC as well!

BOOTHY, king of the thread revival?

gtrboyy
07-11-08, 01:25 PM
Shit Boothy..you brought this thread back up from the dead.
Do you want an update lol.

BOOTHY
07-11-08, 02:05 PM
Shit Boothy..you brought this thread back up from the dead.
Do you want an update lol.

yes please. how much to buy it? :D

MIZ RX3
07-11-08, 02:22 PM
"More than you can afford Pal, Torana.."

:D

BOOTHY
07-11-08, 02:57 PM
"More than you can afford Pal, Torana.."

:D

i doubt it love ;)

lotec
07-11-08, 02:59 PM
i doubt it love ;)

big win on the keno mate?

MIZ RX3
07-11-08, 03:09 PM
big swig of the kero mate?

Fixed..

gtrboyy
08-11-08, 10:43 AM
Boothy...the cost would be too much to sell now.

ok update:

vn block,m&w 4 bolt conversion to be done also using the front & rear m&w caps
harrop stroker
vn heads
redline hiwinder
930 aed carby
srp(?) pistons
custom extractors to get done next year
plus all the usual tricks it will need to stay together,not sure if will do keep comp in the mid 11s with the smaller solid cam or just go to 12+ comp & use the bigger solid cam.Will have enough power to run 10's if a 26 by 8.5in slick will hook up.

th350,aftermartet input shaft built to take 550hp...no transbrake
8in dominator convertor,stall is over 4000rpm,probably need a 5000rpm stally but will wait till after engine gets dyno'd to find out.

as for the car,it has an xb m/cyl for more clearance,going to get 2 remote boosters installed in the boot also yet to order crs chassis kit...wont get a 6pt cage fitted to the car until it gets banned from the track,that will probably happen late next year.

Few other things need to be done to the car,was thinking of getting a cheap commodore to put the driveline in to race when the torana gets pulled apart again after its all sorted then needs the cage & repainting to fix up the dents & scratches...the paintjob on it is over 14yrs old now.