PDA

View Full Version : Canberra Guys - Who to go to for rim repairs?

Sicarius123
18-08-08, 01:25 PM
I know of the Wheel Factory but whitepages.com.au seems to be down, so a phone number would help.

Otherwise who else would you recomend going to?

Got Simmons Alta's, almost 6 years old and definitely need a touch up from a bit of guttering, main problem is my rear right one appears to have a crack, no problem with my tyre and I have to fill the fucker with air every day.

If it's some rediculous price to refurbish simmons I'll prolly end up getting some second hand jap rims, sick of the split 5 design anyway.

HoonBoy
18-08-08, 01:33 PM
Wheel Factory
Address: 5 Silva Ave
City: Queanbeyan
State: NSW
Postcode: 2620
Telephone: (02) 6297 7988

Aaron
18-08-08, 01:49 PM
I think they're not there anymore.. That's Rush Imports (Soarer God) workshop...

What I heard is the wheel factory got sold onto the guy who has Jax Fyshwick...

A.

Sicarius123
18-08-08, 01:52 PM
Yea they're up the back of Jax Fyshwick now aren't they?

I've been hearing they don't do as good a job as they used to before it became Jax, anyone confirm/deny?

Fucking aussie rims, shoulda bought some jap rims. Seriously these have to be the softest god damn alloy rims I've come accross.

chops
18-08-08, 01:53 PM
Yeah I had that same QBN address for them, not sure what the go is with them now, but back when i used them it was minimum $250 (usually more) per rim for repairs depending on what needed to be done.

One of my rims had slight buckle on the outer lip and crack and was $250, the other was same thing but bigger (still drivable and didnt lose air) and was about $290.

Aaron
18-08-08, 02:13 PM
I had work done before they changed hands, and since then the reputation has slipped. However, the Ozzy tyres crew also claim they can do repairs and seem much more price reasonable.

We got quoted about $450 to repair and repaint a cracked Lenso wheel by Jax, and about $250ish by Ozzy..

Sicarius123
18-08-08, 02:31 PM
I walked into that aussie tyre place once to ask if they could quote on some Rays wheels for a friends GTR, they told me Rays were a peice of shit and I should get some 20" chromes that looked like some kindergarten kids attempt at a snowflake.

I laughed as I left and was still laughing as I drove away.

I'm always a bit wary of shops like Ozzy/Tempe type of deal, are they trustworthy to fix my rim? Not going to do something swede and fuck it up?

Paul M
18-08-08, 08:11 PM
There's a place down in Wollongong that we have sent rally rims to before. Can't remember the name at the moment but they have a courier service available.

Paul

takai
18-08-08, 08:13 PM
Yeah, ive had issues with Wheel Factory since they moved from QBN, had a set of SSRs in there and the outer came back ovalised when they were "fixed"

Sicarius123
18-08-08, 08:18 PM
There's a place down in Wollongong that we have sent rally rims to before. Can't remember the name at the moment but they have a courier service available.

Paul
If you could find out for me that'd be great.

Local options are sounding a bit lacking :(

takai
18-08-08, 08:20 PM
Chris out at Inline (if he is still there) would be one option to enquire with, while he woudlnt do it himself he would probably know who does.

dsm2002
18-08-08, 09:56 PM

Paul

Was it Rebel wheels down Unanderra? I had a set done by them a number of years ago.

Falchoon
19-08-08, 06:27 PM
Chris out at Inline (if he is still there) would be one option to enquire with, while he woudlnt do it himself he would probably know who does.

Good idea (yes he's still there).

Years ago I sent some wheels to be fixed to a place in Sydney called Morton and May, no idea if they still do repairs. They did a good job at a reasonable price.

Not sure if Jax repair wheels in-house or subcontract and send them away somewhere?