PDA

View Full Version : Ts astra engine light on dash

Gaz
23-08-10, 06:44 PM
The old mans TS Astra has the engine light on. Owners manual says emission control system problem. Car still running smooth. I have a workshop manual but doesn't tell much.

Has anyone got any advice or suggestions beside putting a match to the sh--box.

Thanks

RB30-POWER
23-08-10, 06:54 PM
need to scan for the code, anything else would be pure guesswork.

especially with the issues these things can have.

Matt T.M.C
23-08-10, 07:49 PM
Engine light = error code logged, need to hook up a scanner to read the code.

1000's of different things could cause it to come on.

Purple-Headed Love Truncheon
23-08-10, 09:48 PM
TS Astra
Thanks

thats the problem right there

Nathan Tinkler
23-08-10, 09:58 PM
Hey Gaz- two words;

World of Pain.

Asteroid
23-08-10, 11:18 PM
Hey Gaz- two words;

World of Pain.
Three words. Damn liberal voters. :D

race6.3l
24-08-10, 07:45 AM
TS Astra= Dont google TS Astra owner reviews

200sXXX
24-08-10, 01:54 PM
i know you can clear the time for service warning that comes up on the display by putting the ign on reds and holding down the km reset for a few seconds maybe that would clear you check engine light aswell worth a shot

ASSAIL
24-08-10, 06:36 PM
i know you can clear the time for service warning that comes up on the display by putting the ign on reds and holding down the km reset for a few seconds maybe that would clear you check engine light aswell worth a shot

dont be retarded, as if you can clear emission related codes by holding down a button.
and to clear service reminder you need to hold the button down BEFORE you turn the ignition on.

theres a shitload of reasons the engine light comes on with ts astras and unfortunately most are expensive. (coil packs, ecu and afm are the 3 main reasons)

suzuki dave
24-08-10, 09:59 PM
you can manually download the code , on the bottom row of the diagnostic connector you bridge the 3rd and 4th from the left , this should give you the error code flashed at you with ignition on .

200sXXX
25-08-10, 04:37 PM
dont be retarded, as if you can clear emission related codes by holding down a button.
and to clear service reminder you need to hold the button down BEFORE you turn the ignition on.

theres a shitload of reasons the engine light comes on with ts astras and unfortunately most are expensive. (coil packs, ecu and afm are the 3 main reasons)

ok ok like i said my suggestion was just "worth a shot" im no mechanic or auto electrician just thought there may have been a slim possibilty.

tez
25-08-10, 06:10 PM
Ive got a tool to read / clear the codes if need be. Just disconnect the battery to see if it clears the code.

Could either be o2 sensor, coil pack or worse case ECU. If your in Sydney, I think I got a spare o2 and coil pack you can use to test.

Rollin
26-08-10, 11:40 PM
My wild stab in the dark is cam position sensor wiring.

You need to read the codes (that's the point of them...to help diagnose issues) but cam sensors are easy to check. Take the top timing cover off (3 tiny torx head bolts from memory) and have a look at the wiring as it goes into the sensor. 9 times out of 10 all the insulation is crumbling off and the wires can short to each other.

ok ok like i said my suggestion was just "worth a shot" im no mechanic or auto electrician just thought there may have been a slim possibilty.

Help
   
/hɛlp/ Show Spelled[help] Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
to give or provide what is necessary to accomplish a task or satisfy a need; contribute strength or means to; render assistance to; cooperate effectively with; aid; assist: He planned to help me with my work. Let me help you with those packages.

If you can't, DON'T!