PDA

View Full Version : How do I program a ford territory remote?

BOOTHY
14-10-10, 04:49 PM
I bought a new remote from mr minit with verbal and written instructions on how to program it to my car. But wouldn't you know it the cunting thing won't work.

Here is instructions I got what am I doing wrong? I follow them exactly turn key once press rear demister 3 times and nothing happens. I tried turning key twice to accessories and pressed rear demister 3 times and still nothing happens.

Ideas?

Here are instructions I got given

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/njectme/a1b4cb29.jpg

Shonky
14-10-10, 04:56 PM
Closed the doors before turning to accessories? Stupid question I know but will be an important part of the sequence.

Andy San
14-10-10, 05:20 PM
turn off the radio as well. and press the demister with a second gap inbetween each press so the stupid thing can count them

Dave75
14-10-10, 05:36 PM
Those instructions differ from the Owners Manual [for the AU series 1]

Switch the Ignition from"off'[O] to "accessories{1" position

Press the rear window demister 3 times within 5 seconds

The door locks will cycle to indicate that the system is in "learn" mode

Press the DOORS button on each of the keypads in turn

Turn the ignition OFF

The door locks will cycle to indcate the keypads are trained

BOOTHY
14-10-10, 06:16 PM
Closed the doors before turning to accessories? Stupid question I know but will be an important part of the sequence.

Doors were shut when i tried still didn't work.

BOOTHY
14-10-10, 06:16 PM
turn off the radio as well. and press the demister with a second gap inbetween each press so the stupid thing can count them

Radio was off but I'll try longer gap

BOOTHY
14-10-10, 06:37 PM
Radio was off but I'll try longer gap

Nope still no luck. Might have to go to ford

towie
14-10-10, 06:57 PM
These instructions will allow you to program a new remote and/or key to your BA or BF Falcon or SX / SY Territory

To program the remotes you will need to have all the remotes available for the car as you need to relearn them all.

To program the key you will need to have 2 keys available for the car.

we will start with remotes.
Sit in the car with the doors closed
Turn the ignition to the ACC postition and press the rear demist button 3 times, within 5 seconds.
You then press a button on the first remote to be trained , the door locks will cycle.
Then press a button on the 2nd to be trained and the door locks will cycle again.
Repeat this step for the the rest of the remotes to be trained to the car.
The first keypad trained will result in one door lock cycle, the second will result in 2 door lock cycles, and so on.
There is a limit of 8 remotes per car.
Turn the ignition to the OFF position to exit the learning mode.
Your remotes are now programmed to your car.

Now for the keys
You will need to have 2 coded keys available if you wish to train a new key.
ensure you have all keys present during recoding as any key not present will be removed from the memory.

Sit is the drivers seat with doors closed
Put the first coded key into the ignition & turn to the ACC position.
Turn this key to the OFF postition & remove the key.
Within 5 seconds put the 2nd coded key into the ignition & turn this key to the ON postition.
Turn this key back to the OFF postition and remove the key.
The door locks will then cylcle to indicate that the learning mode is active.
Within 5 seconds put the new 3rd or new key into the ignition & turn to the ON postition.
The door locks will cycle 3 times to indicate the 3rd key has been trained , ensure you wait for the locks to finish cycling before turning the key to the OFF position.
Repeat this step for any following keys , The 4th key trained will cycle the locks 4 times, and so on. you can train up to a maximum of 8 keys.

your new key should now be coded to your car

methodmania
14-10-10, 07:55 PM
^^ Dayum, maybe try doing all that while standing on your head and drinking a glass of milk at the same time.

Deceiver
14-10-10, 08:01 PM
Push it off a cliff.

hth.

Sturmovik
14-10-10, 08:40 PM
Its in the owner's manual

MZ21
14-10-10, 09:00 PM
I had to do this for the remote and the key. Make sure you press the demister button and not the air con button for the front windscreen.

methodmania
14-10-10, 10:35 PM
Make sure you press the demister button and not the air con button for the front windscreen.

Why? Does that enable the front ejector seat or the sidewinder missles?

Either that or it just makes you a bit cold?

Suscunt
15-10-10, 02:03 AM
I bought a new remote from mr minit with verbal and written instructions on how to program it to my car. But wouldn't you know it the cunting thing won't work.

Here is instructions I got what am I doing wrong? I follow them exactly turn key once press rear demister 3 times and nothing happens. I tried turning key twice to accessories and pressed rear demister 3 times and still nothing happens.

Ideas?

Here are instructions I got given

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/njectme/a1b4cb29.jpg

Burn it and save yourself the trouble

RB30-POWER
15-10-10, 06:39 AM
get a holden, it will fix this problem...

MZ21
15-10-10, 08:47 AM
Why? Does that enable the front ejector seat or the sidewinder missles?

Either that or it just makes you a bit cold?

It's part of the sequence, both buttons look similar. Pressing one will program the car to the remote, pressing the other will not do much at all.

Greg Rust
15-10-10, 02:36 PM
get a holden, it will fix this problem...

Yea but Holden will arse rape you to reprogram their keys whereas at least people can do this at home.

Dark Orange
15-10-10, 02:56 PM
... whereas at least people can do this at home.

Evidence would suggest otherwise.

MZ21
15-10-10, 03:05 PM

If you follow the instructions in the owners manual it's straight forward.

You need to follow them exactly to the letter and not miss any steps. It does work. I managed to get my remote and key (the key transponder it separate) programmed just fine. Although it did take me two attempts. All up 10 min job, that other manufacturers charge upwards of $200 to do.

Credit to Ford for actually documenting the steps.

TonyJZX
15-10-10, 04:46 PM
Yea but Holden will arse rape you to reprogram their keys whereas at least people can do this at home.

this isn't right either

this is how you program a Commode key:

1. open car with existing old key
2. insert new key into ignition
3. start car
4. chuck a skid

Peter...
15-10-10, 10:06 PM

Boothy is not just people.

Greg Rust
17-10-10, 02:47 PM
this isn't right either

this is how you program a Commode key:

1. open car with existing old key
2. insert new key into ignition
3. start car
4. chuck a skid

Fail on step one there, how do you start car when keys are missing or broken?

TonyJZX
17-10-10, 02:54 PM
Fail on step one there, how do you start car when keys are missing or broken?

in this case you should shoot yourself (isn't this PF std. proceedure for people who loose their only key)

you can always open with the blade on the new key in that case i guess... there's no electric connection needed for that

Greg Rust
17-10-10, 02:56 PM
This is all a moot point anyway..MotoGP time.