PDA

View Full Version : Rules regulations and where its at !

Eurorogerrevolution
08-01-11, 09:36 PM
What are the basic rules of the challenge

What are the regulations (has to be registered/engineered etc)

Where will the challenge be held at ?

fury
08-01-11, 09:58 PM
Bill is writing this up as we speak..

Billzilla
08-01-11, 11:13 PM
Bill is writing this up as we speak..

Yep.
Every car is a fail, unless I get a bribe.

That's all I've got so far.

BigMuz
09-01-11, 05:17 AM
My vote;

No rules- but also no cheating.

It's the spirit of the challenge that is important and expect to cop heaps of shit if you try and pull a swifty.

morerevsm3
09-01-11, 06:32 AM
Bill is not in it, sp probably no swift ys?

ALLMTR
09-01-11, 07:49 AM
Most people are building a car that will/could be registered

Most people are not counting dead set safety items (brakes/suspension)

Most people are trying to keep the cost under $1300

HTH

Jim
09-01-11, 08:14 AM
Bill, declare mine the winner or I'll send you more awful movie dvd's :lol:

Yeah, harnesses and seats aren't counted
Selling stuff off the car does not offset the $1300 limit
Must look registrable even if you run it with no rego (idea is it is to be a street car and fly under the cop radar as it were).

ALLMTR
09-01-11, 09:51 AM
I think this whole thing is about goals rather than rules.

The artist formerly known as Teenage Mutant Ninja ShitCunt 4 but is really RogerCordia NO SHIT!
09-01-11, 03:06 PM
This competition is a major fail waiting to happen without regulations.

It is now finally, after i pointed this issue ouyt, this thread about regulations is made, see, when i point out, you must listen. I was 1st to point it out.

Morgs
09-01-11, 03:13 PM
Are you still here? Do you still not get it?

Billzilla
09-01-11, 03:15 PM
There won't be a lot of rules.
There will be a bit of trust though.

BigMuz
09-01-11, 03:34 PM

It is now finally, after i pointed this issue ouyt, this thread about regulations is made, see, when i point out, you must listen. I was 1st to point it out.

What car do you have?

If you don't have a car for this in the build then you're getting banned from this section.

Jim
09-01-11, 03:36 PM

Your shitty lancer won't run 13's but you're welcome to try. In fact you should make up your own rules just for yourself. We'll all support you and your 17 sec build comp.

The artist formerly known as Teenage Mutant Ninja ShitCunt 4 but is really RogerCordia NO SHIT!
09-01-11, 03:36 PM
Its really simple >

Every person wanting to participate in this unofficial competion must take a photo of the car being numbered, as by the track official, that way each car is confirmed linking with the time slip with correct number.

I can garantee that someone in this so called competition will doctor somthing to allege do 13's and get the $1300. Anyone can photochop.

BTW: Who in there right mind would build a car up to $1300, transport the pos to a designated race track and go back home. I bet 100% that all cars in this comp would be unregisterd p's of shet. So if you live in Melbourne and this comp is at sudney, you will spend atleast $1000 driving here and or on tow fee.

It would be best that each person race at their local race track.

BigMuz
09-01-11, 03:41 PM
Put up or shut the fuck up. Post a pic of your entry.

SkidFace
09-01-11, 03:50 PM
Its really simple >

Every person wanting to participate in this unofficial competion must take a photo of the car being numbered, as by the track official, that way each car is confirmed linking with the time slip with correct number.

I can garantee that someone in this so called competition will doctor somthing to allege do 13's and get the $1300. Anyone can photochop.

BTW: Who in there right mind would build a car up to $1300, transport the pos to a designated race track and go back home. I bet 100% that all cars in this comp would be unregisterd p's of shet. So if you live in Melbourne and this comp is at sudney, you will spend atleast $1000 driving here and or on tow fee.

It would be best that each person race at their local race track.

Can you die in a fire already?

Jim
09-01-11, 03:56 PM
It's not a competition, retard. It's a challenge.
There is no prize. There is no penalty for cheating. There is no repercussion for success or failure.

And fags with Photoshop are always around ready for ridicule. We call them shitcunts.

So, shitcunt, here's the challenge. Build a 13 second car for 1300 bucks and prove it, or get the fuck out of this thread.

da9jeff
09-01-11, 04:01 PM
I think anyone with a join date of nov or dec 2010 should have a 3 month posting ban, if they want to stick around and see how the place works then good, if they want to act like a shitcunt, then fuck off.

Billzilla
09-01-11, 04:02 PM
Yeah point made nicely guys, keep on topic if ya can.
If he talks any more shit here he's banned from here.

Morgs
09-01-11, 04:11 PM
I think ShitCunt4 should come to a PF Sydney meet?

CussCuss
09-01-11, 04:28 PM
that would require a pf sydney meet first...

Morgs
09-01-11, 04:36 PM
Call it a special occasion!!! ;)

09-01-11, 05:35 PM
I could do 13's for $150 on the right car loosers.

Jim
09-01-11, 05:36 PM

You cannot buy a $150 car and do 13's shitcunt. Stop trolling.

Roadsailing
09-01-11, 05:41 PM

what's a looser, someone who undoes bolts?

oh, you must mean loser

so what is your plan to do a 13 for $150?

Morgs
09-01-11, 05:44 PM

Help me out on this one, how?

Is that like, I can do 10s for $40?
1) Drive to WSID
2) Pay $40 entry fee
3) Run a 10 ?

Billzilla
09-01-11, 05:47 PM
Please ban me from this section.

Sure.

Howard Jones
09-01-11, 06:14 PM
we will be providing approved rules, and even a appropriate PF trophy to the winner

just give us time to put it all together

Panda I give no fuck
09-01-11, 07:20 PM
were already balls deep in our builds, whats this new rules jibber jabber

<---cop
09-01-11, 07:23 PM
Sure.

That shitcunt was too funny to be real.

Mr Ed's new alias?

80DGY
09-01-11, 07:58 PM

:rotflol:

ALLMTR
09-01-11, 08:08 PM

eek

+1

obsessive
09-01-11, 08:29 PM
waiting for the rules so i can join in on this too :)

XR6DAZZLER
09-01-11, 08:36 PM
Spam...

aaron_hogan
09-01-11, 09:33 PM

COMING TO A DRIVEWAY NEAR YOU

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3083/img0664lg.jpg
Shot at 2011-01-09

ALLMTR
09-01-11, 09:34 PM
we will be providing approved rules, and even a appropriate PF trophy to the winner

just give us time to put it all together

Any ETA on this?

Billzilla
09-01-11, 09:44 PM
Any ETA on this?

Real soon.

ALLMTR
10-01-11, 12:07 AM
Cool, I hope Dennis is on the "commitee" seeing as it's his baby

Howard Jones
10-01-11, 12:37 AM
the rules are going to be pretty slack, just making sure no one takes the piss and says they bought a supercharged ls1 from st vinnys for $5

2JZR31
10-01-11, 10:39 AM
This

my vote;

no rules- but also no cheating.

It's the spirit of the challenge that is important and expect to cop heaps of shit if you try and pull a swifty.

And This.

It's not a competition, retard. It's a challenge.
There is no prize. There is no penalty for cheating. There is no repercussion for success or failure.

Plus read the original thread (prob getting a bit long now) to get an idea on the spirit of it and what most people wanted from it. I summed it up on the first page. My page one summery was not my own personal idea on how it should be run, but my most honest representation of what I felt the majority people wanted by taking everyones opinions into account. The last thing I want to do is tell people what they can and cant do, plus I never nominated myself as the ruler of this challenge anyway. I just want to see people build the cars, and so does pretty much everyone else from what I can tell.

If it becomes an actual competition all that will happen is that cars will be disqualified. People will have big whinges. People will become anal about rules. Fuckwit shitcunts will rant and rave (as demonstrated in this thread already, see SC4) and the end result will be less amusement and fun for all.

the rules are going to be pretty slack, just making sure no one takes the piss and says they bought a supercharged ls1 from st vinnys for $5

When there is no prise there is no motivation for trying something this lame. We will all know that something like this is a load of shit.

aaron_hogan
10-01-11, 11:40 AM
Excellent quotes from Jim and Muz.

However when you said...

When there is no prise there is no motivation for trying something this lame. We will all know that something like this is a load of shit.

I have to disagree in part. There is heaps of motivation and if you consider you got about 11 people off their asses during the summer break then thats great. I haven't been this motivated in ages.

I just love the I-DON'T-GIVE-A-FUCK level of the builds. For a change i can smash the thing together without spending up, wasting weeks getting something just right, or chasing rare items. Its got lots of parts out of my shed and off the farm my olds are happy with that too. Every day I've done something to progress the build, not because of being competitive but rather because its a worthy goal in its own right exactly because there is no prize.

The best bit of personal motivation is that very soon, i will have a running (and club registerable) rotor for the first time in an age. If it happens to be built cheaply and its fast then that is a rare combo. And for me, to have got as far as I have in 9 days, is an astronomical achievement. Hence the daily updates. You can see where all the bits are coming from proving its Built, not Bought. Brains over Budget.

Yeah the challenge aspect of it is a load of shit but only in the sense that nobody is taking it, or themselves overly seriously. Well, possibly with the exception of ShitCunt4. For the rest of us, we're all just having a bit of fun with old cars.

Jim
10-01-11, 11:52 AM
I am thinking of ebaying it when it's done and donating any profit beyond the build cost to the qld flood appeal. I'd rather do this than build it to try and win a prize.

Mr Ed
10-01-11, 11:54 AM
aaron hogan: He was talking about no prize meaning theres little motivation to pull bullshit like saying you got an LS1 for $5.

Captain_Slow
10-01-11, 12:25 PM
Is there/will there be/should there be some sort of plan for when and where these cars will run? If there was some sort of 'event' where punters like me with no mechanical skills of their own could come along and watch the results (presumably on a state by state basis) that would be awesome.

2JZR31
10-01-11, 12:26 PM
aaron hogan: He was talking about no prize meaning theres little motivation to pull bullshit like saying you got an LS1 for $5.

:yup:

I meant having no prize and loose rules means theres virtually no motivation for shitcunt types to try and rort the rules and enter. So no shitcunts will enter just to scam a prise, and more people who are in it just to have fun with like minded enthusiasts will. Obviously this has created a lot of motivation already, which was the whole point. :)

Marco. I think it would make sense to have a drag day in each areas local strip to compare cars and talk shit etc, meet for beer etc after.

aaron_hogan
10-01-11, 01:02 PM
He was talking about no prize meaning theres little motivation to pull bullshit like saying you got an LS1 for $5.

Hence i said "built not bought, brains over budget". Maybe that got lost in there.

Eurorogerrevolution
10-01-11, 02:09 PM
There is so much discussion yet some things are missed :

What fuel can you use ? Im thinking E85 should be the fuel of choice ?

Jmac mentioned early about tyres , there needs to be some kind of semi controlled tyre choice . Me personally thinks fwd should get slightly larger tyres because its so disadvantaged .

The bonnet on my car is way too rusty to use , Im going to need another , will this affect the total $1300 I can spend ?

Will tuning be counted ?

This challenge is more about what you can do , but , what if someone is a fabricator and can make a manifold up with just labour + raw materials and another needs to get someone to make it , will this be taken into account as well ?

Mr Ed
10-01-11, 02:21 PM
My worthless opinions on the matter....

There is so much discussion yet some things are missed :

What fuel can you use ? Im thinking E85 should be the fuel of choice ?Any street legal fuel.

Jmac mentioned early about tyres , there needs to be some kind of semi controlled tyre choice . Me personally thinks fwd should get slightly larger tyres because its so disadvantaged .Who cares what tyres you use. I reckon you should try to buy them within the budget though. Control tyres are for unlimited budgets to stop people being retards.

The bonnet on my car is way too rusty to use , Im going to need another , will this affect the total $1300 I can spend ?
Well your car was free because its fucked, so yes money spent un-fucking it should be part of your budget.

Will tuning be counted ?If you cant do yourself, yes its counted in your budget.

This challenge is more about what you can do , but , what if someone is a fabricator and can make a manifold up with just labour + raw materials and another needs to get someone to make it , will this be taken into account as well ?If you cant do yourself, yes its counted in your budget.

People need to think more about how to do shit and less about whether it should be counted in their budget or not. The whole point of a budget build is to do it yourself. If your only going to count the raw material cost of the job you may as well just go drop $15k on a high power bike and be done with it.

2JZR31
10-01-11, 02:29 PM
I can't see anybody objecting the use of E85. It is a pump fuel. Many of us can borrow some drag orientated tyres. Cunts should share :) The goon coon is entirely made from rust. Should they be able to buy a whole new chassis and use that instead, but the cost not be added to the $1300? Tuning should be done as DIY as possible. Borrow an AFR probe and or do it mathematically by guessing how much boost you can run with X amount of extra injectors. I ran 10s like this. No dyno tune. If you can't make a manifold bodge one out of a stock manifold with J pipe, or buy one of ebay/BC like everyone has done. I can't see how allowing people to pay pros do do this is within the spirit of the build.

Anyway I'm not a rule committee. Thats just IMO. Lets see what others think?

Edit, Ed just said pretty much exactly what I thought so it seems some people are getting the idea. That said, just built it anyway! Who gives a crap? You will kick anyones butt who didn't even try, it will be fun. Skids will be done. So you cant loose. :)

Howard Jones
10-01-11, 02:36 PM

there is a prize, it will just be really crap

2JZR31
10-01-11, 02:40 PM

Still, a prize with little monetary value is worthless when the only value it has is for achievement, and you and everyone else knows you are full of crap.

Eurorogerrevolution
10-01-11, 02:50 PM
A couple of other things Ive been thinking about :

Emmission items on the vehicles , charcoal canister etc : can they be removed ?

Inside the car : heater core / a/c etc . Dash cover itself ? roof lining etc

Engine : does it have to run water pump , alternator etc ?

I had an interesting thought about after this fitting all the cars with cages and running them in a demolition derby :wtf:

Mr Ed
10-01-11, 03:13 PM
Youd save more weight not running a battery than not running an alternator.

All volkswagons must run a mandatory control water pump, especially those with air cooled motors.

You dont need anything other than shit that makes it fast and shit that makes it relatively street legal.

Im guessing the amount of physical work required to make a 13s car for $1300 means not many people are going to want to smash it straight after they race it.

morerevsm3
10-01-11, 03:46 PM
and given my sons car is his daily driver that he comutes to work and back every day in, you can get fucked with demolition derby idea

nastysven
10-01-11, 04:11 PM
.....and even a appropriate PF trophy to the winner

what, like a golden gearbox?

Tils
10-01-11, 04:12 PM

Is it a gearboxing?

HoonBoy
10-01-11, 04:35 PM
My thoughts on the guidelines:

Bits included in the $1,300
1. Car
2. Oil and other consumables like new spark plugs, leads etc.
3. Damage repair, ie stuffed panels, bent bits etc.
4. All bits you add on
5. Freebies and borrowed parts should be added as fair market value (including stuff you have sitting about)

Bits not included in the $1,300
1. Safety equipment such as race seats and harness
2. Drive tyres, other non-drive tyres should be included
3. Safety repairs, brake pads, ball joints etc. (basically bits that don't change the value of the base car but should be changed with safety in mind and don't make a difference to the power)
4. Freight on parts
5. Tools and bits for tools such as welding gas
6. Transport to and from the track

Other bits:
1. Have fun with it
2. You cannot deduct for sold parts and any given or borrowed parts must be listed as "fair market value" on the total.
3. Strip as much weight as you want as long as safety is not reduced
4. Don't take it to seriously
5. Be honest with the spend, nobody is going to attack you for going over budget

lysdexia
10-01-11, 05:07 PM
4. Don't take it to seriously

This especially.

Mr Ed
10-01-11, 07:19 PM
I reckon if you buy a car and sell shit from it you should be allowed to add that money to your budget. I dont see that as any different to swapping the existing bits for bits you need, which no-one is going to complain about.

Obviously no buying and selling parts for profit to add some bullshit amount to your budget is within the spirit of the thing though.

Apart from that I like Hoonboy's list.

Jim
10-01-11, 07:21 PM
seeing as you haven't entered, it's academic isn't it :p

Mr Ed
10-01-11, 07:37 PM
Ok im entering, but Im not telling anyone what Im building yet and I might withdraw later. Now you have to listen to me, happy? :)

Jim
10-01-11, 07:40 PM
that's much better. :)

You'll have to pedal like a motherfucker to do a 13 tho :p

Howard Jones
10-01-11, 07:51 PM
or a really high cliff

Billzilla
10-01-11, 07:52 PM
or a really high cliff

QFT.
The other factor is that Rorge lives in the same house, ergo the 13 second Cressida will break down 57 times before it makes the end of the driveway.

Mr Ed
10-01-11, 08:22 PM
Well, I dont really live there anymore. Was there tonight though and discussions were had about the 1UZ we've got there that cost us ~$400 from the junky cunt down the road. :)

Gus The Snail
11-01-11, 05:15 PM
What if you already own the car , and built it up from half a car which cost not much to do?

What if you got a turbo motor from a guy who swapped it for a rebuilt stock motor?.

If its a car you already own , and have for quite a few years , would it be taken off the $1300??