PDA

View Full Version : rules

Howard Jones
10-01-11, 04:21 PM
Objective - To buy & build a car that will do a 13.99 second pass down the 1/4 mile drag strip for Aus$1300 or less.

Price - Aus$1300 or cheaper as a total cost is the desired goal, penalty’s will be applied if you go over this amount. this will apply if you go over by your own admission, if your fellow competitors make a complaint to the judge, or if the judge deems you to be taking the piss.

Safety - Brakes, brake lines, brake fluid, brake pads, etc, are all free from any costings. Safety is the priority here and the car must have good brakes on each wheel. A working handbrake is required. Driver's seat is cost-free and must be properly mounted. Seat belts are cost-free and must be in good condition, no fraying, etc, and the mounts & brackets must be rust-free and solid. Steering & associated mechanisms are also cost-free and expected to be in excellent condition. A solidly-mounted fire extinguisher with drivers reach must be fitted and it is cost-free. Tyres must be road-legal or if racing tyres be at least minimum manufacturers allowable tread depth, tyres are not included in your build cost. The drag-strip apparel safety rules must be followed but as a minimum you are also required to wear a helmet and long clothes or race suit while driving. Once again no safety equipment counts towards your total cost

Costing free stuff - We all have a bunch of stuff lying around our sheds and so would be able to claim "I have a free engine" and so on, but we have to have a general costing for no-purchased engines. Paint and damage/rust repairs are cost-free.
update: Weight based costings removed due to public demand. All free items, both parts and cars must be declared by the builder and a fair market value provided, if other competitors feel the declared price is unfair they can lodge a complaint with the judge who will review

Other freebie stuff, like wheels and parts so on have a nominal cost and should be declared by the competitor, ie if you have a spare rb26dett laying around go fuck yourself, but if you have a spare turbocharger and you can prove that second hand its worth $100 then its worth $100. If you have however managed to buy a car and or parts at an extremely low cost and you can provide real bullet proof evidence of this then you gain, and we will accept it.

Modifications - They are expected. Standard cars can't be entered because that's cheating and very un-PF. You can remove anything you like from the car, but it must appear roadworthy. Seats (apart from the drivers seat) are removable. Trim, sound deadening, hood lining, etc, may be removed. All removed parts may be sold to recoup costs but you can't reduce the build price with the parts sold. The car however does not need to be registered. NOS is encouraged for both the cars and the drivers.

Scoring & classes - Two classes; naturally aspirated, and forced induction, but only one prize given out. There is a factoring system we've worked out to see who spent their money the most wisely and did the best job. The winner is determined by a super-secret equation including vehicle age, general fuckedupness, reliability of country of origin, unlikelihood of success, and the organisers whim as determined by totally unscientific, and almost certainly totally unfair, pit-side opinion and chitchat.

There's also the people's choice award for the most popular car.

General - The cars must appear to be road-registrable and if they are registered that is also cost-free. Judges are the admins and mods from PF, and such are completely corruptible. Times must be obtained at an official drag strip and also be proven with an official copy of the run. All the runs must be in by the end of April 2011 for judging.

Penalty’s - if you go over the $1300 limit either by your own admission or the ruling of the Supreme Judge Lord Sherwood the Great of the Coast of Gold. If you admit to going over budget then for every Aus$100 over Aus$1300 you lose one tenth of a second. If you do not admit and are called out, you lose 2 tenths per $100. Lowest total ET is the winner.

Competitor complaints - this is called 13's for $1300 not 13's for whatever you can afford as long as its close to $1300. if a competitor feels another competitor is taking the piss then you can register a private complaint to the judge who will review the situation. Only fellow competitors are allowed to complain, if your an arm chair racer, go fuck yourself

Prize, if you win you will receive the Performanceforums Niggerdick Ashtray of Glory, the shaft of which, will forever be engraved with your name, your ownership of this awesome prize will be for 12 months until the competition is repeated again, cars that have previously competed can not enter next year.

http://simon.su/niggerdick1.jpg
http://simon.su/niggerdick2.jpg

Jim
10-01-11, 04:39 PM
tl;dr
Fuck your rules.
I'm running a 14.00.

Mr Ed
10-01-11, 06:34 PM
Honestly, even though noone will care what I think, I think those rules are shit. Especially the ones about what a car/motor is supposed to be worth based on what it weighs/how big it is. By that logic an SR20 is worth less than an Astron 2.6L shitheap and a Mightyboy is worth far more than a Cressida. What a crock of shit.

Free safety shit is a good idea though.

Billzilla
10-01-11, 06:36 PM
Honestly, even though noone will care what I think, I think those rules are shit. Especially the ones about what a car/motor is supposed to be worth based on what it weighs/how big it is. By that logic an SR20 is worth less than an Astron 2.6L shitheap and a Mightyboy is worth far more than a Cressida. What a crock of shit.

Read it more carefully - that's only for freebee's.
The reasoning behind it is that a car with a big engine should do the time easily so won't need much spent on it. A small engine has to work harder so the builder will have to spend his/her money wisely to get the performance though with a lighter car it's easier than with a big car .... so it (should) balance itself.

takai
10-01-11, 06:39 PM
Thats only for free stuff. Pay for it and its down to the $$$ value.

Its an idea to stop people basically saying "well i have this here LS1 in my garage already, so thats $0"

Mr Ed
10-01-11, 06:39 PM
Yeah so I wonder whats going to happen...

Q: Did you get that Cressida and Astron motor free?
A: No, I bought them for an accepted market value of $50 each.

Billzilla
10-01-11, 06:40 PM
Yeah so I wonder whats going to happen...

Q: Did you get that Cressida and Astron motor free?
A: No, I bought them for an accepted market value of $50 each.

Again, read the rules - that is okay but you have to be able to prove it.

Billzilla
10-01-11, 06:41 PM
Ooh, I forgot to add that there's no bikes allowed (cars only) and YOU MIGHT BE CORDED!

Mr Ed
10-01-11, 06:46 PM
Again, read the rules - that is okay but you have to be able to prove it.
My theoretical "legal" 13s for $1300 shitheap.

I was given an auto MA70 supra and a 2JZ for free from my girlfriend.

An MA70 supra weighs 1595kg so its worth $405.
A 2JZ is 3L so its worth $300.
I bought a stock A340e tranny at market value of $80
I had a bucket random factory JZA70 bits that I will list up as I use them, theyre worth fuck all.
So far its up to $785.
Victory is mine.

Obviously thats an exagaration but any "rule" that can be skewed like that is fucked. I reckon everything argued should be valued by ebay.

Billzilla
10-01-11, 06:47 PM
So do it and on behalf of the PF Mods team, go eat a di ....... um ... good luck. :)

Howard Jones
well what do you suguest mate?

we need some fucking rules or else its a free for all, if anyones got a better idea let me know

if you guys dont want rules then thats fine too, but its just going to turn into an unorganised shit fight and i wont be a part of it

Jim
and when the peanut gallery votes that two VN's and an EA beat you on class you're going to look a right tit. :lol:

Mr Ed
10-01-11, 06:48 PM
Ebay valuations would make more sense

Mr Ed
10-01-11, 06:48 PM
and when the peanut gallery votes that two VN's and an EA beat you on class you're going to look a right tit. :lol:
Im not actually doing that, it was an example using shit in front of me. :p

Jim
10-01-11, 06:52 PM
so your build is a dream build. Your example is therefore a dream example.
Chewbacca is a Wookie. He lives on Endor. Ewoks also live on Endor. This makes no sense.
Two VN's and a EA have beaten you in the real world already.

Oh, so did a handivan and a rusty valiant :p

HoonBoy
10-01-11, 06:57 PM
Now I've seen the trophy I don't want to win!

Howard Jones
10-01-11, 07:03 PM
Now I've seen the trophy I don't want to win!

The Performanceforums Niggerdick Ashtray of Glory is awesome!

Billzilla
10-01-11, 07:04 PM
The Performanceforums Niggerdick Ashtray of Glory is awesome!

It's an ashtray??

SkidFace
10-01-11, 07:05 PM
Rules seem fair enough. Good that the safety gear is not included in budget.

HoonBoy
10-01-11, 07:06 PM
No way I'm smoking that ashtray.

ALLMTR
10-01-11, 07:12 PM
Shit I'm over the 1300 on the gifted body and motor. . . .

Panda I give no fuck
10-01-11, 07:13 PM
love the write up.

although this does not effect me, the displacement and weight pricing system is pretty up shit though. should be more age hp ect
the heavier the car the slower it will be so light cars should cost more.(cunts with free heavy cars are being penalised twice) and as for engines. the 253 i am running is the biggest motor in the comp. (and prob the oldest (def oldest technology) and lowest factory horsepower) people will literally give YOU a carton of beer to remove a 253 from thier garage! not that alot of the motors in this comp are any different though

Howard Jones
10-01-11, 07:15 PM
the other option is if something is gifted we get the member to give a fair market price, and if they take the piss and other comptetitors complain then they get owned

Jim
10-01-11, 07:15 PM
my VN weighs 1310. since it hasn't been over a weighbridge, and I added a hose clamp, I'm sure it still weighs 1310 :)

aaron_hogan
10-01-11, 07:18 PM
Rules duly noted. No complaints.

HoonBoy
10-01-11, 07:20 PM
Shit I'm over the 1300 on the gifted body and motor. . . .

You don't have a thread so you can't comment. Bloody armchair racer!

Andrew Bolt
10-01-11, 07:21 PM
Rules are there, noted and zero complaints. I think most of us are just going to build shit for fun.:yup:

Panda I give no fuck
10-01-11, 07:24 PM
rules are a very good base for when this (hopefully) becomes an annual circus.

Mr Ed
10-01-11, 07:24 PM
the other option is if something is gifted we get the member to give a fair market price, and if they take the piss and other comptetitors complain then they get owned
This FTW

Jim
10-01-11, 07:26 PM
Rules are there, noted and zero complaints. I think most of us are just going to build shit for fun.:yup:

exactly right :)

I was already building this thing for no reason other than to see how fast it can go before it blows up long before this challenge was announced. hopefully lots of fun to be had!

morerevsm3
10-01-11, 07:31 PM
no complaints here, I have put up proof of what everything has cost so far, and not much else needed. will loan my sons car my drag radials etc

Tils
10-01-11, 07:35 PM

+1

and maybe ebay for reference for a median value...??

MRMOPARMAN
10-01-11, 07:51 PM
rules sound ok, and have been noted.

just one thing though.. im not counting rust repairs, windscreen seals etc etc in costs as i consider it a RWC item, and will actually slow me down by making it heavier :p. eurorogeriacordiaorwhateverhisnameis i dont think should be penalised for replacing the rusty shit bonnet.

oh, and i think people should have slight freedoms/be rewarded for having some sort of rego :)

MRMOPARMAN
10-01-11, 07:53 PM
oh and if this is now an annual thing.. ive already got a project underway for next year :D

morerevsm3
10-01-11, 08:11 PM
oh, and i think people should have slight freedoms/be rewarded for having some sort of rego :)
+1 for full rego, car will have to remain much heavier than a non or club rego car

Panda I give no fuck
10-01-11, 08:23 PM
Its a race car, if u want to rego it then you have other motives, dont use that to get a 1 up on others

MRMOPARMAN
10-01-11, 08:32 PM
i only say that because its in the spirit of the original 1st gen rules.

as morerevsm3 said, rego'd cars will end up the heaviest by a fair margin just to keep streetable. cant strip all the body bracing off a car and expect it to still be roadworthy
(not having a go at anyone, its an ingenious idea) /disclaimer

Fondles
10-01-11, 08:34 PM
Can I spend 1300 on my pick-up and be eligible?
Compound turbo with LPG injection should be doable for that money (out here anyways).

MRMOPARMAN
10-01-11, 08:48 PM
holy shit.. you can get lpg injection for less than $1300?? hook a brudda up!

Fondles
10-01-11, 09:29 PM
holy shit.. you can get lpg injection for less than $1300?? hook a brudda up!

lol, it would be nothing that's legal in OZ.

Eurorogerrevolution
10-01-11, 09:50 PM
The problem I see with rego is my car would never pass there is just too much rust in it . Most of these cars are for spare parts or scrap , if you can have a registered car that can make this challenge then kudos to you but it shouldnt affect anyone else that enters this challenge

As for the cars value , I got mine for free cause in its condition thats all its worth . It was a private import as no mk1 Golf petrol cars were brought into the country after 1980 and local production had ceased after VW sold the plant to Nissan in 1976 .

I have my work cut out for me cause not only is my car European (we all know a Merc is more expensive to service than a Commodore or Camry) , its fwd and its Auto . Apart from putting an anchor off the titanic in my car I really couldnt be more disadvantaged !!! You'll find the amount of mk1 Golfs with this engine that can actually run in the 13s on any budget is a handful , its easier to do an engine swap with a 1.8t , but this is way outta my budget . So Im curious to find out if the value of the car can still be $0 or will I have to loose some costings there .

Jim
11-01-11, 04:31 AM
Scrap value for a small car is about $80 at the moment.

Tripper
11-01-11, 08:12 AM
Current costing

VTEC type rocker cover paint :) : $20

paint and should be free, perhaps we can vote on the cars presentation and the winner gets to take off 1/10 of a second

schnitzelburger
11-01-11, 09:11 AM
stop overthinking it, do it, have some fun :knock:

CussCuss
11-01-11, 10:39 AM
paint is free for sure, I wanna see some cool paint jobs, flames and shit.

If not, real flames will suffice.

Billzilla
11-01-11, 10:41 AM
paint is free for sure, I wanna see some cool paint jobs, flames and shit.

If not, real flames will suffice.

Bonus points for real flames.

<---cop
11-01-11, 10:46 AM
I have my work cut out for me cause not only is my car European (we all know a Merc is more expensive to service than a Commodore or Camry) , its fwd and its Auto . Apart from putting an anchor off the titanic in my car I really couldnt be more disadvantaged !!! You'll find the amount of mk1 Golfs with this engine that can actually run in the 13s on any budget is a handful , its easier to do an engine swap with a 1.8t , but this is way outta my budget . So Im curious to find out if the value of the car can still be $0 or will I have to loose some costings there .

You picked the wrong project then.
Harden the fuck up and do it rather than bitching about the rules.

brb... collecting a torana, rb30, gt42r that i'll have for free for next years challenge... retireds....

ALLMTR
11-01-11, 11:45 AM
Jeeesus, spend $1300, kick ass, have fun.

If you're a cheatin bastard then that is your lot in life

2JLUX
11-01-11, 01:15 PM
People have to relax a bit. This isnt supposed to be so serious.

My 2 bro's and i have nearly finished our car (what a week hahaha) and it has been fucking awesome. We are never allowed to be this dodgey normally so its a good change to smash something together just for shits and giggles. Seeing as we have some spare time (12 weeks lol) we might start a second one.

Just let each person do their own thing. If an injustice is seen, let it be dealt with when it happens.

Now stop being sooks and get working.:)

Fraud
11-01-11, 03:20 PM
I've got a question - does the end product have to be $1300, or the total of all experimentation?

ALLMTR's thread made me think of this with the talk of whether he swaps the diff out or not... if he gets it going with teh stock diff, then he has spent $0. If he decides to swap for a 9 inch that he picked up for $150, then the cost is $150. If if then decides that the stock diff was lighter and had a better ratio and wants to go back, does it go back to 0?

likewise if someone goes through 4 ebay turbos trying to find one that works properly - do you count the value of all 4, or just the one that you end up using?

Jim
11-01-11, 04:11 PM
I've got a question - does the end product have to be $1300, or the total of all experimentation?

ALLMTR's thread made me think of this with the talk of whether he swaps the diff out or not... if he gets it going with teh stock diff, then he has spent $0. If he decides to swap for a 9 inch that he picked up for $150, then the cost is $150. If if then decides that the stock diff was lighter and had a better ratio and wants to go back, does it go back to 0?

likewise if someone goes through 4 ebay turbos trying to find one that works properly - do you count the value of all 4, or just the one that you end up using?

personally, I'd say yes. I'd only add what went into the final build.

Howard Jones
11-01-11, 04:56 PM
i think the price should be based on the final finished product

Sketchy
11-01-11, 06:34 PM
Fuck the rules.

Build something cheap, go skid it, have fun. If you go over a smidge who cares.

This isnt the fucking FIA, its PF. If you start bringing in too many rules its going to make it too hard for the guys who dont have access to some of the fancy gear and shops that a lot of guys do. That and a bunch of people are going to get all e-cunthurt because something doesnt fit the "rules" but is still fast, or worse still faster than something they built.

The prize is a wooden dick for fucks sake. A WOODEN DICK. Have some perspective.

Get out there and spin some spanners rather than worrying about a bible full of what not to do.

Billzilla
11-01-11, 06:36 PM
Settle petal, there's hardly any rules there. Most of them are safety and some vague ones about costing stuff.

lysdexia
11-01-11, 07:37 PM
The prize is a wooden dick for fucks sake. A WOODEN DICK. Have some perspective.

fucken lol.

i have a new sig.

Gassed250
11-01-11, 11:07 PM
Costing free stuff - We all have a bunch of stuff lying around our sheds and so would be able to claim "I have a free engine" and so on, but we have to have a general costing for no-purchased engines. So for general costs it'll be $100 per litre. Free car bodies/chassis will be on the formula 2000 - factory weight of the complete car = cost. So for example if you have a car that weighs say 1450 kilograms from the factory then it has cost you Aus$550 from your budget. Paint and damage/rust repairs are cost-free.

well thats just fucked, that means the handi cost $1470 and my engine was $260 so i have blown my budget without spending a cent

fuck i feel like i got :wayned:

Howard Jones
11-01-11, 11:21 PM
for your handy to be valued at $1470 it would have to weigh like 14000kg

eitherway were moding that rule to be fair market value based rather than weight based

Howard Jones
11-01-11, 11:22 PM

its not a wooden dick, its the Performanceforms Niggerdick Ashtray of Glory, and it cost me $3, have some fucking respect

Gassed250
11-01-11, 11:39 PM
for your handy to be valued at $1470 it would have to weigh like 14000kg

eitherway were moding that rule to be fair market value based rather than weight based

ok i thought is was 2000 - weight = price or some shit

Tils
12-01-11, 01:55 AM
I'm going to have a 13413 sticker made for my cars....

SkidFace
12-01-11, 02:42 AM
its not a wooden dick, its the Performanceforms Niggerdick Ashtray of Glory, and it cost me $3, have some fucking respect

lol now I have a new sig.
Everyone needs to mellow, go smoke a bong or something, I think the rules aren't too cunty seeing as the admins are adjusting etc to make it fair. We're all here for a bit of fun right? So let's have fun.

Howard Jones
12-01-11, 03:15 AM
ok weight based costings are removed... hopefully this will make more people happy, see first post for new guidelines

big_pete
12-01-11, 12:36 PM
I reckon there should be an award for 'Best Paint Scheme' or something similar.

Could be good for extra LOL's

All paint etc isnt part of the overall costs though

Gassed250
12-01-11, 01:03 PM
if rego, brakes and paint are not included in the build costs, i could enter the sigma be with in the $1300 budget and save me some headaches

Project Handicapped is starting to look like it may go stale as others aren't as keen as i am to build it

either way if im not racing then im coming to this event just to witness it

Sketchy
12-01-11, 03:05 PM
ok weight based costings are removed... hopefully this will make more people happy, see first post for new guidelines

Much better idea. No more tanty from me :)

ReverendWillyG
21-01-11, 11:24 PM
Found out about this tonight,
And already have a few ideas on how to do it.
NA will be very hard though...
Time will tell

MRMOPARMAN
22-01-11, 12:13 AM
high 13's 'shoudnt' be too hard for most large capacity n/a family sedans (ie falcon, valiant). anything quicker than that is mega bucks!

Eurorogerrevolution
26-01-11, 11:30 AM
Does the car have to have functioning lights/horn/brake lights etc ?

Billzilla
26-01-11, 11:40 AM
Yep.

Jim
26-01-11, 12:18 PM
It needs brake lights and head lights

2JZR31
14-02-11, 12:03 PM
Please check the last part of this thread for a discussion on drag tyres. We think it would be good that since treaded drag radial tyres are allowed, that normal slicks should be too. This is just so more people can get some sticky rubber as treaded drag radial tyres are much harder to borrow/buy cheap than some old slicks.

http://forums.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67264072&page=3

blownhemi
23-02-11, 11:08 AM
Need a rule clarification.

I know we said you can't buy a car and then sell bits to offset the cost. But what about if you buy parts?

For example, say I buy an engine (I'm not buying an engine but we'll use this as an example) and I sell of a few bits (alternator/starter/etc) and therefore the engine owes me a lot less. Can those sold items be offset against the overall cost of the item as it pertains to the project?

Thoughts?

lysdexia
23-02-11, 11:19 AM
my view is that there's to be no cost-offsetting at all

Mr Ed
23-02-11, 11:34 AM
Whats the difference between swapping bits you dont need for bits you need and selling bits to add to your budget?

If you start with $1300 and build a car without dipping into another funds pool, whats the problem?

HoonBoy
23-02-11, 11:35 AM
I'd say no. Otherwise there is nothing stopping you buying an entire car with one good bit one it, selling the rest for more than you paid and increasing your budget. An extreme example, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Mr Ed
23-02-11, 11:46 AM
Otherwise there is nothing stopping you...
Yeah there is. About 10,000 cunts that will call you a fag and have your name struck off the competition list.

This isnt tax law FFS.

Jim
23-02-11, 12:50 PM
Yeah there is. About 10,000 cunts that will call you a fag and have your name struck off the competition list.

This isnt tax law FFS.

Why are you even here? :)

Mr Ed
23-02-11, 12:55 PM
Im here to point out why youre a fucking retard.

Jim
23-02-11, 12:59 PM
You're doing a long winded and shit job of it :lol:

Mr Ed
23-02-11, 01:02 PM
Well what the fuck do you want cunt? Is this your forum?

Dennis is a good mate of mine, its his idea, I think its awesome and I think some of the rules you cunts keep adding are fucking weaksauce so Im going to comment on it. Im not commenting on every little fucking thing you do, but you two poofs seem to be doing alot of complaining about rules/etc when the rules really dont fucking matter here.

HoonBoy
23-02-11, 01:02 PM
Opinions are like Ed's

Mr Ed
23-02-11, 01:06 PM
What? They get called to organise the picking up of diffs when Hoonboys are too fucking stupid to organise themselves and in the process of organising said diffs end up collecting free beer for doing nothing but give stupid Hoonboys money anyway because they feel guilty for taking advantage of someone stupid enough to criticise Dales work publicly on PF?

Jim
23-02-11, 01:11 PM
Did someone put the coffee spoon in your sugar jar today Ed? :p

Mr Ed
23-02-11, 01:11 PM
Yes and I fucking stabbed them in the eye with it.

Jim
23-02-11, 01:14 PM
Somebody needs a hug. :)

Mike Lowrrryyy
23-02-11, 01:24 PM
I lolled

HoonBoy
23-02-11, 01:25 PM
I'm sure he would tell them how to hug better.

Jim
23-02-11, 01:34 PM
I don't see how it's relevant anyway as most of us are consistently ignoring any rules anyway :)

blownhemi
23-02-11, 01:45 PM
I'd say no. Otherwise there is nothing stopping you buying an entire car with one good bit one it, selling the rest for more than you paid and increasing your budget. An extreme example, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Actually that's not how it would work.

Say your bought a car for the motor, and want to use motor in your 13s for $1300 project. Selling the parts car doesn't affect the budget of your project car but it might offset the cost of the motor.

For example. You buy parts car for $1000, remove motor and sell parts car for $800. The motor cost you $200 and that $200 comes off your build budget. Why cost the $1000 against your build budget when you didn't use anything else off the parts car?

At the end off the day I'll play by whatever rules are set down, but I just want to know what the rules are.

2JZR31
23-02-11, 02:13 PM
For example. You buy parts car for $1000, remove motor and sell parts car for $800. The motor cost you $200 and that $200 comes off your build budget. Why cost the $1000 against your build budget when you didn't use anything else off the parts car?

It would not be impossible to to buy the parts car for $1000, remove the motor, then wreck the rest off for $1100 if you are good/lucky enough at buying and selling. Would it then be fair to say the motor cost a negative value? So in this case the motor should be regarded as cheapest realistic market value. But as I have always said. I personally could not give a fuck for implementing rules and that is only my personal opinion.

HoonBoy
23-02-11, 02:42 PM
Just buy the car/engine/noskit/whatever parts and claim fair market value on the bits you use. After all, we don't want the rules stopping the fun. :)

blownhemi
23-02-11, 03:39 PM
It would not be impossible to to buy the parts car for $1000, remove the motor, then wreck the rest off for $1100 if you are good/lucky enough at buying and selling. Would it then be fair to say the motor cost a negative value? So in this case the motor should be regarded as cheapest realistic market value. But as I have always said. I personally could not give a fuck for implementing rules and that is only my personal opinion.

Not a negative value. Maybe a zero value though as it pertains to the project.

thechuckster
23-02-11, 06:01 PM
a possible solution to this?

a non-competing and non-assisting mate buys the $1000 shitbox parts car. You then buy the $200 donk out of said shitbox. You also agree to make no claim as to how your mate disposes of the rest of the shitbox or profit from any sales. This avoids the problem of trying to reduce your parts spend to get under the limit.

It's a big ask for your mate, but if they see the dollars come back in when parting out the car, it's a fairly minor financial risk. It's a bit borderline too - e.g. a smart-arse legal move to get around a rule restriction.

Mr Ed
23-02-11, 06:28 PM
Just buy the car/engine/noskit/whatever parts and claim fair market value on the bits you use.
100% agreed

blownhemi
23-02-11, 07:54 PM
It's all moot anyway, the parts have fallen through.

What the deal was is that I had a diff lined up. I wanted the gears and centre, but didn't need/want the axles and housing and planned to move them on immediately. therefore the bits I actually wanted would have only cost me x amount of dollars. But dickhead strung me along for a couple weeks then informs me he just sold the diff to his mate.

blownhemi
29-04-11, 09:48 AM
With more than a few cars not too far away from being finished the proposal has been bandied about that 13s For $1300 be carried forward to the end of June.

I'd like to see this happen as well. Lets see a show of hands... err... words.

ALLMTR
29-04-11, 10:02 AM
Yep

<---cop
29-04-11, 10:06 AM
And run the next one in line with the financial year. ie 1/7-30/6

Jim
29-04-11, 10:16 AM
I'd also like to introduce the notion that unless a person is running a car in the comp they should stfu in regards to any of the rules (or lack thereof)

blownhemi
29-04-11, 10:27 AM
I'd also like to introduce the notion that unless a person is running a car in the comp they should stfu in regards to any of the rules (or lack thereof)

LOL :yup:

ALLMTR
30-04-11, 12:15 AM
Haters gotta hate.

morerevsm3
30-04-11, 12:54 AM
With more than a few cars not too far away from being finished the proposal has been bandied about that 13s For $1300 be carried forward to the end of June.

I'd like to see this happen as well. Lets see a show of hands... err... words.

yes from me, still like the idea of a few cars attending heathcote on the same day

MRMOPARMAN
30-04-11, 08:38 AM
im not sure if im going to make it, but thats my problem.. so it sounds good to me*

*on the proviso if i dont finish, i can enter the same car and finish it off next time :)

ALLMTR
18-10-12, 10:52 AM
So shipping doesn't count in the total?

blownhemi
18-10-12, 11:44 AM
so shipping doesn't count in the total?

wtf?

Tripper
18-10-12, 12:51 PM
dont see why it would, unless its like some of the ebay sellers selling shit for $2 with $50 postage just to save on ebay fees

crack
18-10-12, 12:59 PM
i haven't counted shipping and i agree with tripper's point of view.

ALLMTR
18-10-12, 02:13 PM
wtf?

Did you count the cost of getting the sniper kit to you in your budget? (Is it a really confusing question?)

blownhemi
18-10-12, 04:31 PM
Did you count the cost of getting the sniper kit to you in your budget? (Is it a really confusing question?)

I was WTFing the fact that you revived this thread after 18mths.

Shipping wasn't counted.

ALLMTR
18-10-12, 06:22 PM
Why do you come into this thread when the challenge is over???

:)

blownhemi
18-10-12, 06:28 PM
Why do you come into this thread when the challenge is over???

:)

Pops up in the new posts list. ;)

ALLMTR
18-10-12, 07:48 PM
i haven't counted shipping and i agree with tripper's point of view.

Cool, I've found a 1986 Gt mustang for $800 with a blown diff in Seattle

XR6DAZZLER
21-02-13, 04:35 PM
Cool, I've found a 1986 Gt mustang for $800 with a blown diff in Seattle

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k521/XR6menace/Funny%20pics/1217576560982.gif

crack
21-02-13, 04:53 PM
Cool, I suggest you buy a running car though given your track record.

ALLMTR
21-02-13, 06:02 PM
It was meant as a joke....4 months ago