PDA

View Full Version : Corona ShitTin141

Gt40dave
10-02-11, 06:42 PM
In the spirit of being a pair of Fuck Wits, a Mate and I are planning to be the first to bring the Mighty Corona ST141 with a mighty 2SC and BW 5sp to the 13 for $1300 race.

If all else fails plan 2 is to be able to scull 13 Corona's in 13 seconds.....I have started training for this....

Budget so far
1 Toyota Corona in shit Beige with Cunt scribed into the drivers roof pillar. I guess the previous Kiwi owners got up to no good in the weapon and someone decided that the best way to get back at them was to scribe this into the roof. I feel that Cock needs to be scribed into the passenger roof to equalise out the listed genitals.

Purchase price $250 big ones.

So we got $1050 left to get this shitter going.

Work carried out so far...anything that can be ripped off while we drive the shitter to the lunch bar has been mostly done. Spanners have been thrown at the shit tin and removed so far have been towbar, carpets, air pumps, A/C and I forgot all the over shit ,but it looks like 4 hours stripping yielded about 30kg. Well worth all the swearing and suffering in the heat out the back of work.

200MPH
10-02-11, 07:01 PM
Strong first post I feel, GT40 Dave. Top work. Team TURD (Tojo Uniformed Retard Dirtbashers) is on people!

Cause I know y'all want so see some Beige Brutality, here are some happy snaps for your viewing pleasure...

First event: Dirt Motorkhana
Second event: Whoa there, it may not pass go, might just go straight to jail if it don't survive the first event. Otherwise 13s here we come...somehow.

Roadsailing
10-02-11, 07:13 PM
so you have reduced the weight by 30 kg, what is to be done to increase the power by 150 kw?

Sketchy
10-02-11, 07:21 PM
I'm surprised that only got 30kg, surely there would be more in it?

Another 100kg and a ghetto turbo setup would do the job. These are injected and IRS from memory? Or is that the 2.4 Avante version?

Best of luck either way.

Roadsailing
10-02-11, 07:28 PM
I'm surprised that only got 30kg, surely there would be more in it?

Another 100kg and a ghetto turbo setup would do the job. These are injected and IRS from memory? Or is that the 2.4 Avante version?

Best of luck either way.

avante is 2.4 with irs, this one is the asmatic carbied 2 litre but i think a 3S will bolt up to it. my CSI has the 22re with live axle, bog warmer as well.

well worth your while to weld up the diff as apparently the spider gears are the only real (very) weak link.

Paddington
10-02-11, 07:32 PM
someone on either toymods or jdmstyleboltonfuckwittuning had one of these with lots of mix and matched bits. end result was pretty decent from memory and cost 2/3 of sfa.

milo
10-02-11, 07:33 PM
These are injected and IRS from memory? Or is that the 2.4 Avante version?

Ummm... Dont think so... ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Grosvenor/IMG_0317.jpg

Gt40dave
10-02-11, 07:45 PM
Solid axel and carby......It goes ok. It has a vacuum leak so it needs a bit of work. Other than that we thrash piss out of it daily.

To increase power we are planning to fit a dodgy nitrous kit and maybe a draw through Turbo set up. I know where there is an old T04 for $100

I'm thinking a 600 holley being sucked on by a T04 hanging off a J pipe that bolts to the standard exhaust manifold. Throw the old carby away and just get a shitty bit of pipe from Bunnings racing to connect turbo to standard inlet manifold carb base plate. Retard dissy timing to fck all, boost it all it can take with some flash racing fuel. I'm guessing about $700 should get the Nitrous fed ,turbo beast going. Flat shit, I mean shift to keep it on boost.

CIG locker, cut the rear muffler off ( save wait and get that racing sound)
We still have a heap of stuff to get out of the car.

Mr Ed
10-02-11, 07:51 PM
Cool. Need more power plans though.

SkidFace
10-02-11, 07:57 PM
Fuckin knock up some shit turbo manifold, wack a turbo on the side and let's see this thing run 13's! Solid entry though a good challenge and one I'm sure will make the cut.

Mr Ed
10-02-11, 08:23 PM
What engine is that anyway? A 2S or something?

Gt40dave
10-02-11, 08:52 PM
Here's the CAD drawing for the turbo set up. Keep it to yourself Guys it cost me a heap to get done.

aaron_hogan
11-02-11, 08:37 AM
If all else fails plan 2 is to be able to scull 13 Corona's in 13 seconds.....I have started training for this.....

I approve of your winning strategy and the "Naughty Don Rogers" sticker. That is all class.

200MPH
11-02-11, 09:12 AM
Easy on with posting up our speed secrets dirty Dave. Might have to bust your ass back to being a 2nd class fabricator while I take over the CAD/FEA duties.

Aaron - let's be clear here, there are no winners in this game! It was a toss up between a pic of the Tojo Genuine Air sticker still on the glove box lid (soon to be binned) or Naughty Don. Nah, Naughty Don takes the win every time.

Anyways, things are looking bad for team TURD today. My toilet has shat itself this morning, no really, so must devote my afternoon to stripping that shitter instead of this one. Like I said, no winners here...

Shifty
11-02-11, 09:40 AM
these things are fucked

rt142 or fail

MRMOPARMAN
11-02-11, 09:50 AM
love this thing.. however realistically i think its going to need an engine conversion to get 13's.

rear ended SS commodore from the auctions should do it :)

200MPH
11-02-11, 11:02 AM
Of course these things are fucked. That's the whole point! If we wanted to do 13's for 1300 really, you'd start out with a VN Commode. But this was got as a dirt/khana hack that may go full retard boosted. (Never go full retard!).

Can't change engine - it's just too good, only 206,000k's, so we're counting on it taking some pain. Not a single tear will be shed if it dies trying though - Mr Yoda would have wanted it that way. And we CBF. Got proper cars to work on and stuff.

oscar32
11-02-11, 11:13 AM
I used to own one of these. Still suffering from the stocker wheeze of it.

Funny project and I can't wait to see how it goes. I think my stocker may have run a 20 with a downhill slope, tailwind, and empty tank on a cold night.

Sketchy
11-02-11, 11:38 AM
these things are fucked

rt142 or fail

That's the spirit.

Thanks for the input.

mick.wheelz
11-02-11, 12:02 PM
this will be epic.

200MPH
11-02-11, 12:56 PM
OK, for all you unbelievers out there, here is the go hard stuff.

I submit to the jury of PF, evidence 1 and 2:

1) $100 ball bearing T04 turbo.
2) Free bag of go hard stickers to get the full shopping list happening. May need to flare the front guards to get some more acerage to fit them all on but. Hmm, weight gain from stickers not good, street cred from stickers good. Tough call...

Baseline full weight Gtech time says 0-60 mph in 11.14 sec. Shit hot I say and only about 5.5 sec from where we need to be. How hard can that be...

For those 10 sec or more I'm free!

200MPH
11-02-11, 12:57 PM
Sorry about the finger in the turbo post - it is there purely for sense of scale purposes only you understand.

2JZR31
11-02-11, 02:01 PM
I love the CAD drawing. Now to see that turbo mounted to the engine to prove you are serious :)

I see you are a Nov 2010. Did you come for the powerchip thread and stay for the ghetto fasts?

Gt40dave
11-02-11, 10:31 PM
I spent some time working on the ST after a few beers this arvo. Seems it's easier to just kick parts off the car then undo the screws.....

Like most uncontrolled events some cunt snapped the perfectly good glovebox lid off...it had a perfect genuine air sticker on it....brought a tear to my eye with the lack of respect shown.

MRMOPARMAN
12-02-11, 01:18 AM
i should have a spare 'denso air' sticker lying round if you want to put it on the rocker cover or something equally ghey

Asteroid
12-02-11, 12:06 PM
Twin cam head and injection from a smashed camry, turbo and extra injector?

200MPH
13-02-11, 08:09 PM
Since we smashed off all the window winders, some of that denso air could be the go.
3S head is not the go. My mate google says they bolt on, but valves talk to pistons etc. You'd use a complete 3s motor basically. But we're not. If the 2S head won't flow the air we'll have to give it some N2O loving. Beats the ghey O2 advantage anyday, plus bonus intercooling effect and anti-lag all in one. Well, here's hoping.

200MPH
18-02-11, 07:25 PM
Yeah, well seeing as Perth has reprazented with the first 13 run (top work lads - now I is kicking myself for not getting down to the plex on Wednesday) it's time to update ShiteTin 141.

Happy snaps below show high performance mods to front guards and interior. More to strip from inside but out of time for now. Oh, and the exhaust now is a lot shorter and louder. Love that 80's tracktor 4 cyl sound, yeah!

Anyways competition debut is on this Sunday - a dirt autocross kind of thing. We fully expect to dominate, apart from 4WD turbo cheater pansys, and pretty much anything else this side of a Leyland Bus... I'll get some happy snaps and in-car video happening for that authentic Seb Loeb vibe. After that it's onto more strippage, this time the engine bay to make way for the awesomeness that is a draw through T04 + Holley + N2O (if needed). Stand back people, this beige is about to get hot.

Roadsailing
18-02-11, 07:30 PM
fuck yeah! fuck off that steering wheel, they are fucked!

fuck!

Gt40dave
18-02-11, 11:10 PM
I am going to piss on the car so it smells like a man......That should put the fear into the opposition.
Can post a pic of the ceramony if required?????

2JLUX
19-02-11, 04:26 PM
The heater box you've left under the dash weighs a good 500kg. The one in our VN was probably just shy of a ton.

For the couple of extra bolts it takes to remove it, it would be well worth doing.

Roadsailing
19-02-11, 04:46 PM
yeah piss off the heater box.

I have a spare set of strut top rings from a bunch i had made that will fit this if you are interested, but in the spirit of the build you would be better off welding steel between the strut towers.

200MPH
22-02-11, 11:00 PM
Update on a absoutely triumphant weekend for the beige bastards. We gave it a flogging all day and couldn't break it. Closest it came to getting ugly(er) was when yours truly lined up a post with the inside front guard. Luckily in a moment of complete random lack of control on both me and the car, it slide wide enough so as to only tweak the front RH bumper and indicator lense. I was laughing so hard after watching the orange plastic fly over and into the windscreen I nearly forgot to brake for the next corner...

Some pics from the weekend that was. The Volvo 360 was a particularly inspired choice from another bunch of regular racer nutters. $800 split 4 ways and 4 drivers flogging it hard all day. It finished up eating a 'koppers pine log' and metal street sign pole straight into the front end. Didn't seem to hurt it much though, not that surprising considering what it is: a mini Swedish tank. Pulling up to the line for each run with a random Abba track blaring from the stereo (no interior strippage for these classy lads). And then they had to drive it back to Perth, 2 Hrs away since their related serious car (full house EVO 9 bitumen sprint event car) didn't fare so well after a pole touch up and had to be trailered home.

Anyways, some serious events are getting in the way of the ShiteTin's progress this week, but have some photos following. Oh, and we will be taking out the interior heater/aircon stuff. Just ran out of time last Friday. Heaps more weight to remove still...and we need to!

Till next time, choke on our dust.

blownhemi
23-02-11, 07:07 AM
Good to see you're having fun with it, but hurry up and get some runs done down at the strip. :)

2X044
24-02-11, 05:53 AM
It seems to me that you two blokes could do with a highly intellegent colleague to show you the error of your ways... Such a pity the only person fitting that description left you to it.

Looks like a bunch of shits and giggles though. gt40Dave, did you wear a bright orange jump-suit?

Gt40dave
24-02-11, 02:17 PM
Yep I went the orange jump suit, seemed fitting and period like.

I was on the job stripping the car while I was waiting for my run.....I'm sure I dropped
2-300kg out of it.

I got some good sideways action and beat 200mph so I'm King of the
Rona at the moment.

Yeah that's right 200mph I'm king of the Shit Tin

Gt40dave
01-08-11, 09:35 PM
Well, as King of the shit T I will be out this weekend to defend my Title. I took a piss on the car for goodluck.....So don't lean on the back right quarter panel.....Looking forward to pulling on my orange jump suit again.