PDA

View Full Version : 1982 MQ patrol

SkidFace
17-04-11, 11:26 PM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o114/DR_HEMI/a379bcfb.jpg

finally picked up my patrol. $500 of nissan powered goodness right here. It's the petrol/gas model, obviously got a nice big bullbar, home job black paintwork, alloy sidesteps that need fitting, and a few dings here and there. Otherwise it's a pretty solid truck, starts and runs great, just need to get off my ass and reg it, which I will do after Easter.

Chase Rockwell
18-04-11, 10:29 AM
L28?

SkidFace
18-04-11, 01:59 PM
Yeah, no plans to change it either, unless a good SD33 pops up or something. Might just drive it for a few months until I can get a GQ.

lysdexia
18-04-11, 02:23 PM
can't go wrong with that for $500!

SkidFace
19-04-11, 10:24 AM
Damn right. I put my mates patrol plates on it just to drive it to his house until it's regoed, and it drives great. Engine is sluggish but there's some pull in it. Steering is surprisingly not shit, brakes work fine and the gearbox feels strong. My mate is going to drop the oil and replace the filter, plugs, leads and I'll give the engine bay a clean/tidy up. Once that's done I have to remove the fucking door trims, some yuppy faggots made colourful melamine underwater themed door cards and they look shitful. Then I have to reattatch the back seat rails and put the seat in, put the sidesteps on, fix indicators, get the new tyres fitted to some sunnys and it'll be ready. I'll do most of this on Thursday before I go to blanchetown.

SkidFace
22-04-11, 12:44 AM
So I did some shit to the shitter today. Pulled all the junk out and organized a few things to junk. Mainly just the door cards and some miscellaneous plastic crap. Got the headlights to work, just had to plug the wires into the lights. Got it to run on gas too, last owner said it was fucked, it wasn't, it turns out you have to actually switch it onto gas to get it to run on gas, whoda thunk it, so that's that sorted. Need to rip the tailgate apart and work out why it is now fucked. Wasn't fucked when I got it so pretty pissed off about that. Oh well. Pics to come.

da9jeff
22-04-11, 01:43 AM
needs a comp truck style tube front bar :yup:

this is an L28 yeah? pretty slick for $500!

SkidFace
23-05-11, 12:08 AM
So this just got sold. My mates MQ needed a new body, as his is fucked, so I said drop my body onto your chassis, then put your old body onto my chassis and we will take the thing up to lovedays and do some comps/destroying. Should be fun.

thedude
23-05-11, 10:02 PM
Get some air off the jump at Loveday. Get pics. Win.

SkidFace
23-05-11, 11:16 PM
Will be a while away yet, my mates putting an SD33t in his patrol so my old patrol will get his old SD33 motor and shit body. Will rip seats out, weld in a shit cage and remove the roof. Then it'll be lovedays jumps :)

WRXCunt
23-05-11, 11:43 PM
Will be a while away yet, my mates putting an SD33t in his patrol so my old patrol will get his old SD33 motor and shit body. Will rip seats out, weld in a shit cage and remove the roof. Then it'll be lovedays jumps :)

This can only end well. Disconnect front drive shafts for skids?

SkidFace
24-05-11, 12:01 AM
Wouldn't bag up if I tried, we dynoed my other mates SD33 and it made, wait for it, 37.3rwkw.
I will however consider dirt ringies and other stupid shit. When it goes up to lovedays it won't be coming back so when we go I'll let PF know and if anyone wants to take it after that, condition unknown, you can.( even though I sold it!!)

WRXCunt
24-05-11, 12:05 AM
Wouldn't bag up if I tried, we dynoed my other mates SD33 and it made, wait for it, 37.3rwkw.
I will however consider dirt ringies and other stupid shit. When it goes up to lovedays it won't be coming back so when we go I'll let PF know and if anyone wants to take it after that, condition unknown, you can.( even though I sold it!!)

New candidate for 13s 4 1300?

SkidFace
24-05-11, 12:17 AM
It'd be a possibility, I'd need to convince tim not to trash it too hard and to bring it back to Adelaide. Then I'd strip it down to bare bones, bolt in a ghetto ford 6 and cheap turbo and aim for the track+13's.

WRXCunt
24-05-11, 12:23 AM
It'd be a possibility, I'd need to convince tim not to trash it too hard and to bring it back to Adelaide. Then I'd strip it down to bare bones, bolt in a ghetto ford 6 and cheap turbo and aim for the track+13's.

couldnt bodge up a ford/holden 6 to the current driveline and add nos?

or diesel + turbo + nos?

SkidFace
24-05-11, 01:05 AM
Diesel are shitful for power, especially the kind of power you'd need to do a 13.
I'd like to shove an AU motor and box in, fuck off the heavy transfer/gearbox of the Nissan, but really I think I'd go above the $1300 budget. Well, $800 actually as the car cost $500.

peril 787b
25-05-11, 07:17 PM
Diesel are shitful for power, especially the kind of power you'd need to do a 13.

Bollox...
kH9kKYz0kmI

SkidFace
28-05-11, 08:15 PM
Those trucks are cool but on a $1300 budget I think I'm fucked!
Hence a cheap turbo on a ford/Holden motor, maybe even RB30.

dhs
31-05-11, 09:17 PM
I had an SD33 one of these for a while, was OK but nothing to write home about.
Would probably stick with the L28 at least you could get some hp out of it, enough not to hold up traffic when leaving the lights hahah

SkidFace
01-06-11, 12:32 AM
Had a chat to Tim, he reckons he could get his old VN SS motor and trans for under a grand, which should be pretty fun in the old bus.
I've pretty much put this truck on the backburner as I am purchasing an XSV650 custom and will be getting all my gear and my licence, so once that's out of the way I'll deposit some funding into the patrol.
I actually really want to use it as a daily, it's body is good and Tim is having second thoughts on buying it cos he might be buying a GU. Crazy idea: VN 5l, adaptor plate for transfer case, epic 4wd awesomeness on the weekends? Would I be able to reg this with a 5l and maybe ss brakes and some kind of mildly restrictive exhaust?