PDA

View Full Version : 01 triton dual cab trayback

SLO78U
03-06-11, 07:12 AM
picked it up last night. still need to give it a name.

01 model, v6 3L petrol, manual, 145000km.
lift, 31 a/t, sunnies.
bullbar, towbar, cd player,

photos after work today.

towie
03-06-11, 08:47 AM
picked it up last night. still need to give it a name..

Call it SLONEY!!! :yup:

SLO78U
05-06-11, 07:51 PM
Been a busy and expensive weekend.

fitted dual batteries, made second battery tray, wired up switches, ran wires for - driving lights, fog lights, rear work lights, rear power outputs, air compressor, UHF, electric brakes, anderson plug.

now just a matter of finishing them all off and connecting everything. so far I have the fuses, relays, switches in. still need to install bits and pieces and connect to the relays.

going in tomorrow to get some new rims sorted out. the ones on it are landcruiser offset and stick out way to far for the triton. need a patrol offset rim. just a new set of white sunnies, the tyres are great and smooth and quiet so i'll keep them and worry about muddies later on.

gave the car a clean on saturday. it really needs a propper clean and polish. that's on the to do list.

List of things still to come
all electrics hooked up
air compressor
front air locker (dream list)
new front bar
sliders
tow bar
canopy

i'm sure there are a few other things that i would like to do but am to busy watching the bikes to think straight.

couple of dodgy photo's.

Euroboost
18-06-11, 11:21 AM
Underrated trucks, actually "enough" room in the cab and enough power to move. Only thing I'm not keen on is the tray, most have to much overhang. Although on Tritons I've noticed this isn't an issue as they have loooooooooooong arses anyway!

towie
18-06-11, 11:46 AM
Looks good Slone... Needs big driving lights on the bar & some truck mudflaps on the back... :)

Paddington
18-06-11, 12:28 PM
Underrated trucks, actually "enough" room in the cab and enough power to move

footwell isn't big enough for my feet in the manual version and the seats are FUCKING SHITHOUSE. They do do a good skid though.

SLO78U
29-06-11, 08:59 PM
a lot has changed since i got it.

Done all the wiring, dual batteries, new rims, driving lights, rear lights.

gave it a good wash, cut, polish, detail today.

will take some pics tomorrow of all the new stuff. it looks a million bucks.

SLO78U
15-08-11, 10:14 PM
been enjoying the car for a while now.

took it down the beach and it broke. snapped the backlash gear in the transfer case.

pulled it all out yesterday and got new parts today. will spend the week cleaning it and fixing leaks (the reason it broke) then try and get it in for this weekend.

pics.

SLO78U
17-08-11, 10:04 PM
all back together and running. runs like a dream. will check tomorrow for any leaks.

even went to the trouble to put some good breathers in for the transfer and gearbox.

even gave it a quick wash to get the salt and sand off from the trip last weekend.