PDA

View Full Version : Stolen: My friend's GTS-T

01-04-02, 01:12 PM
pls help if any one saw the one white colour,skyline GTS-t R33 series 2 97 model with white colour 17 inch wheels, reg: QLV045

PLS call 042873766 keith
*bonus*

Car was stolen on 31-March 2002 around 11.00pm in Melbourne

jtir
01-04-02, 01:16 PM
Is it just me or the Skyline (R33) are popular model for thieves?

This is like the fourth one by memory I've seen on the forums. Did the car have an alarm or any other security measure?

Neo
01-04-02, 01:17 PM
WTF is going on with car theft. Soon the first page of general discussion is going to be filled with sticky post's regaurding stolen cars.

This is out of control :(

01-04-02, 01:20 PM
The car have no alarm.

But it was parking in his driveway when it was stolen.
When the owner hear the sound of his exhaust,
he run out and the car gone already.

Neo
01-04-02, 01:24 PM
Why would you have a car like that and not have an alarm :confused:

01-04-02, 01:32 PM
I have no idea as well ....

may be he think park in the car park is safe enought..

Jay95R33
01-04-02, 01:39 PM
When I bought mine I drove it straight from where I bought it to my alarm installer and said "give me the biggest alarm that you have for $650"

That was one of the conditions with my insurance company.

I hope your friend get's his car back. I know a few stolen ones have been found minus mags, stereo and the good bits. And a few have been found after doing robberies etc.

J

FASTVP
01-04-02, 01:45 PM
Where in Melbourne was it stolen from?

Neo
01-04-02, 01:48 PM
I did the same with my s15. Picked the car up in the morning from the dealer, and by 5pm i had a blue light autowatch alarm fitted. It was part of the insurnace, and imo just common sense.

A couple of people in my area had cars stolen from their driveways and garages. It looks like no place is safe any more :(

01-04-02, 03:24 PM
my friend live some small street of High Street in South Yarra.

01-04-02, 03:26 PM
I have another friend who bought a s15, and he seems don't want to fit am alarm system at all..

what he said is he got insurance, so, he don't care people steal his car.. it sound quite funny...

Iruka
01-04-02, 04:16 PM
Jesus Christ!@#$% (Well its Easter Monday )... :eek:

Another bl@@dy car stolen again..... :eek:

I think Skylines and 180sx are main targets for thieves (not theives I think, can't remember now :( ) because they come straight from Japan without any basic form of defence such as immobiliser.

Now, if you take a look at cars that are being stolen, they are always newly arrived and also happen to have very NEWLY ISSUED numberplates. If I was a thieve I would be targeting these plated-imports knowing fully that chances are, it ain't got any immobiliser and alarm since getting the car here probably exhausted the cash...... :(

So I reckon ppl should try and get an older plate for registration, it is actually a form of deterrent.

Of course, real professional highly-skilled thieves wouldn't care, they could get around 3 point immobilisers in no time. But the majority of them are probably stealing because its way too easy to steal one. :mad: :mad: :mad:

hardcoregtr
01-04-02, 04:51 PM
so sorry for Keith he called me to warn me I hope he gets it back soon these are low life scum if you have a Skyline for sale beware apparently this guys name is Rocky and he masquerades as a truck driver so beware he also drives an old pale blue car.. I always try and meet somewhere remote like a service station but even this is not fail safe... Hope they catch this lowlife soon.

Iruka
01-04-02, 05:20 PM
How about meeting outside a Police Station instead and getting another firend to come along for the sale?

CaBLE.
02-04-02, 12:44 AM
how the hell do you get past a 3pt immoboliser anyway?

wouldnt it involve getting under the bonnet and ****ing about with wires?

Iruka
02-04-02, 01:09 AM
Yes, to defeat 3 point or more immobilisers they obviously play with wires and because the process requires more time and with the bonnet up, they act as a deterrent to deter the thieves away and on to the next target. A loud alarm also acts as a deterrent, and is probably more useful than having many immobiliser points but no sound because then, no one is suspecting anything.

That is of course unless the thieves come well prepared (with tow truck and stuff) and your car gets taken to a remote place where they could safely play with the system to defeat the immobilisers points. And NO, these are not hard to beat, there are only a certain number of points that you could disable the engine and the professional WILL know where to look for them in each particular car. ALL people who have knowledge of installing alarms will have the knowledge to disable these immobilisers, even the factory-coded-key ones :(

So don't park it in a dark spot in a car park, and don't park it on an angle where it could be towed away too easily (that includes your driveway).

denjam69
02-04-02, 11:26 AM
did your friend get his car serviced or anything lately?

02-04-02, 12:29 PM
Don't think he service his car lately

But he put his car on trading post for sale
and someone test drive his car on the same weekend

hardcoregtr
02-04-02, 12:33 PM
same thing happened to someone else as well, apparently its the same guy so beware. Hope they find the lowlife soon... I'm waiting for him to call so the police can catch up with him... Thought it was confined to Sydney but apparently its reached Melbourne now as well.

denjam69
02-04-02, 01:04 PM
Be carefull of dodgy workshops etc coz when u leave your car there and if u dont have an alarm they will get a copy of your key and nicely come over and steal your car from your house and u will b like :wtf:

Alan
02-04-02, 06:32 PM
how effective is a well hidden kill switch?

I have a few good ideas for one, ie. a combo on your radio, which would really be hard to figure out for someone without specific knowledge?

-alan

meggala
05-04-02, 11:05 PM
I just had unique car insurance bawk at me wanting to insure through them as my car is parked in the city at night.@ 5:00 pm on friday luck I was with just cars they took payment over the phone as it was just a renewal.
meggala