Thread: Help changing brake pads on '93 Mazda 323 Astina

Help changing brake pads on '93 Mazda 323 Astina

Wondering if someone can help me here. Ive tried to change the brake pads on my 323 the other day. Took the calliper off the wheel hub, sliped out the exisiting/worn pads, then u need to push the piston back in so you can fit newer pads in, however, no matter how much i tried to wedge the piston back in it just wont budge.

Ive changed the pads on a VK & VN Commodore before and had no trouble using the above method. Anyone know what im doin wrong?? Any advice??

Thanx
    Cruise4ACure
    Help raise $20,000 for the Leukaemia Foundation!!!!

Snapperhead
    Try a G clamp to push the piston back in - just make sure your brake fluid resevior doesn't overflow.

Title pending
    If its the front the piston may have cocked slightly and wont push back. You might have to pop the piston out and then ease it back in nice and square
    If its the back the piston is on a worm drive. If you force it back you'll be buying new calipers when the mechanisms strip. They need to be would back. The piston may have a slot or a couple of holes in it. Long nose pliers into the slots and twist and push down firmly
    Location Perth Western Australia

as dattoman1000 said, if it's the rears, you need to wind them back

reason for post? - i found an easier way to wind them if nothing fits the slots (or if they're not there) - get a socket that nicely fits into the piston
    then get some rubber (i butchered a RC cars tyre) and put it into the hole - then wedge the socket into that

then you can use the racthet to wind in the piston (from memory, clockwise will wind it in)

Originally posted by Marty
    as dattoman1000 said, if it's the rears, you need to wind them back

reason for post? - i found an easier way to wind them if nothing fits the slots (or if they're not there) - get a socket that nicely fits into the piston
    then get some rubber (i butchered a RC cars tyre) and put it into the hole - then wedge the socket into that

then you can use the racthet to wind in the piston (from memory, clockwise will wind it in)
    Yeah was the back ones, does that mean the fronts one r wind in or push in??
    Cruise4ACure
    Help raise $20,000 for the Leukaemia Foundation!!!!

Front push

rear wind

/sick mind off

pervert!
    2005 VZ SS 5.7L M6 Ute

Originally posted by dhs
    pervert!
    Goes well with your signature