Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiat 131 Sports Sedan

Fiat 131 Sports Sedan

Thought it was about time to post up some pics of my 1970 Fiat 125 Special.

Current specs are as follows:

Block: rebuilt 1983 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk11 2litre, 7.6:1 compression custom short skirt forged pistons, custom length forged Argo rods, external oil filter with -10lines and fittings and Serck 13 row oil cooler & custom catch can
    Head: 132 1756cc head, raised inlet ports, modified chamber shape, 45mm cut down Landcruiser inlet valves, standard exhaust valves, billet Fiatorque inlet and exhaust cams, vernier cam wheels
    Induction: custom Quickspool plenum, 67mm billet Plazmaman throttle body, custom Quickspool airbox with cold air feed, K&N filter
    Turbo: Garrett GT3076R with 0.63 extreme coated exhaust housing, 300x550x76mm intercooler with alloy piping & billet BOV, 38mm Tial external wastegate
    Exhaust: Quickspool merge collected exhaust manifold, Cleveland Exhaust 3 dump pipe, single muffler and resonator, twin 2.25 tips, extreme coated to half way point
    Fuel: 57l RCI alloy fuel cell, Carter pre pump, 2.5 litre surge tank, Bosch 044 main pump, Aeromotive pressure regulator, Bosch 1000cc injectors, custom billet fuel rail with speed flow fittings throughout
    Ignition: cut down standard distributor, RB30 crank angle sensor, LS1 coil packs, drycell battery LHR footwell, 85amp EA Falcon alternator
    Computer: Haltech E6X (one 15psi map for 98 & a 20psi map for E85), Gizzmo boost controllor
    Cooling: ARE aluminium radiator & Moroso recovery tank, twin SPAL thermo fans (1x6.5, 1 x 7.5)
    Gearbox/clutch: 131 Borg Warner (fixed yoke large bearing), lightened 131 flywheel, 3000 pound modified clutch plate, standard pressure plate with extra bands custom driveshaft
    Diff: Hilux 4.33 lsd
    Suspension: (front)400 pound (275 pound wheel rate) King springs with Koni reds, camber pins in lower control arms with 4degrees negative (rear) Koni red rear shocks from IPRA RX7 with reset leaves and one extra full length leaf
    Brakes: front: Mazda RX7 4 pots, Ferodo DS3000 pads, braided lines, 280mm x 23mm vented redrilled Volvo discs. All new hardlines, adjustable bias and twin Willwood master cylinders
    Rear: rebuilt 132 callipers with stainless pistons & EBC black pads
    Wheels/Tyres: 15x7 Performance Superlight GTR's with 205-50-15 Toyo R888s (track) and 15x6" 10 spoke Superlights with 195-55-15 for the road
    Body/Paint: standard olive green, body resprayed in 1998, all rust removed/ body restored at the same time, all standard chrome polished, rear arches flared 25mm per side
    Interior: 11ty billion point cage by Norm Singleton, painted in POR15 grey, restored dash, RPM suede wheel, Sparco drivers seat, ERG 6 point harnesses

Previous specs:

Block: rebuilt 1984 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk111 2litre, 10.2:1 compression, balanced rods and crank, custom harmonic balancer, external oil filter with -10lines and fittings and Serck 13 row oil cooler
    Head: 132 1756cc head, ported and polished, 45mm cut down Landcruiser inlet valves, standard exhaust valves, billet Tighe inlet and exhaust cams, vernier cam wheels, flows well over 200HP
    Induction: custom twin dual throat 48mm throttle plates, custom upswept ram tubes with uni filter air filter
    Exhaust: Fiatorque extractors and primaries high temp coated into 2.5
    Fuel: Carter pre pump surge tank, Bosch 070 main pump, rear mounted Camira Fuel pressure regulator, Bosch 803 injectors, custom billet fuel rail with speed flow fittings,
    Ignition: cut down standard distributor, RB30 crank angle sensor, LS1 coil packs, battery in boot, 85amp EA Falcon alternator
    Computer: Perfect Power Cuffer Spec V4.0 or some shite
    Cooling: ARE aluminium radiator & Moroso recovery tank
    Gearbox/clutch: standard Colloti 5speed, 1608cc 215mm flywheel, 1750 pound modified clutch plate, standard pressure plate with extra bands custom driveshaft
    Diff: Hilux 4.875 locker
    Suspension: (front)400 pound (275 pound wheel rate) King springs with Koni reds, camber pins in lower control arms with 4degrees negative (rear) Koni red rear shocks from IPRA RX7 with reset leaves and one extra full length leaf
    Brakes: front: Mazda RX7 4 pots, Ferodo DS3000 pads, braided lines, 280mm x 23mm vented redrilled Volvo discs
    Rear: rebuilt 132 callipers with stainless pistons & EBC black pads
    Wheels/Tyres: 15x7 Performance Superlight GTR's with 205-50-15 Kumho V70A's (track) and 15x6" 10 spoke Superlights with 195-55-15 cheap shite for the road
    Body/Paint: standard olive green, body resprayed in 1998, all rust removed/ body restored at the same time, all standard chrome polished, rear arches flared 25mm per side
    Interior: 11ty billion point cage by Norm Singleton, painted in POR15 grey, restored dash, RPM suede wheel, Sparco drivers seat, ERG 6 point harnesses
    Power: 134RWHP

Times: (in various levels of specs)
    QR Sprint Track: 62.97
    MP short: 48.9
    Leyburn: 48.95
    Maryborough: 49.37
    Bathurst Esses: 33.21
    Mt Cotton: 51.25 (only had 5 runs up the hill in 3 years, there's sub 50's once I learn the track)
    Wakefield: 75.91
    Last edited by Guido; 02-10-14 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Added times.

very very cool.
    love that colour - cleverly understated.
    Quote Originally Posted by doods189
    Will throw in around $3000 worth of reptiles and acc as part payment and maybe if partner let's me a 50in plasma 3d tv

Geez there Ugly...but geez its beautifull

Love what you've done exactly how I like to modify cars ie Subtle / Standard appearance with sporting twist (Seat , steering wheel Suspension engine etc)

Good to see something different also...I'm a fan
    1978 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta 1UZFE - Project
    2013 Opel Insignia OPC - Daily
    2011 Hyundai iLoad - Work
    2015 Skoda Octavia Scout premium 132TSI - Mrs

It may have caused you much pain but you're left with a great result!

Love it
    Social media marketing for the automotive industry (plus a motorsport blog) - www.boxthislap.com.au

So are going to Wheels on Wide bay this year ?
    ________
    Interracial college
    Last edited by Cameron_Datto; 19-04-11 at 04:30 PM.

2ofdem
    This thing has the coolest induction noise ever. Nice car with plenty of time and money spent on the bits that matter.

Fark, that is awesome!

Opens
    Awesome car & i can confirm it pulls twin spinner skids.

got one out the front if my place

Sweet as mate, very nice! Is that an 8V head? I just scored my bro's 124 coupe with a nice worked 2L and shit.

I've got a bit of work to get it like yours though!

This one nice one.

(I've never seen it, but Guido is a nice kid, so his car would be a nice car.)
    Retard Honour Wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Rob Sloth Young did i ask for your opinion? no. i only want it for a paddock bomb. go play with traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    you stupid fucken imbicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    your are a fucken idiot of the highest level.

I've got a spare diff for one of these things in the backyard if you want it

Awesomely cool, total radness! What a great little car you have there... you must be very proud.
    1971 Mazda 1300 Estate Deluxe
    1973 Mazda 1300 Wagon
    1979 Mazda RX7

One of the coolest cars around. Reckon it's awesome that a young bloke has spent as much time and money on an old piece of Italian history as Sam has on this thing. It goes like stink and sounds as only an Italian can.

Cal.
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Ok, that is fuckibng hot. Can I PLEASE get a high res shot of the engine bay shot? I can PM you me E-mail addy.
    Last edited by Shitbreak; 17-04-07 at 02:25 PM.

fuck your engine bay wasn't that clean on teh weekend

very nice car, have witnessed this racing both at Bathurst and QR now and am very impressed!

..... speaking of which, heres a pic

Its a credit to Sam to have been so bloody determined & focussed with this thing. Im not sure, but I think he could have built a space shuttle instead.

Nah Space Shuttle's are cheaper.

Cal.
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido
    Fiat 125 Special
    What's so special about it?

Like a special child is special...

Thanks blokes.

Of course being a project car it will probably never be finished but I hae owned it for over 12 years now so there'll be no selling it.

Cameron - Definately will be at Wheels on Wide Bay. Really need to get my entry in. Was hoping to have the cage in by then but that will probably have to wait until after Leyburn.

Datzed - not sure if I have a high res version of that pic. Will have to get into contact with who took the photo.

After the weekend the RHS of the engine bay doesn't look as pretty. 3/4 stuck open throttle + stupid driver refusing to come in = brake fluid overflow and damaged paint.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Sports Sedan

Damn, that would have made a wicked wall paper. Car is uber hot though mate.

Saw your car at GSR getting the suspension fixed the other week. Looks great in the flesh, ahh metal?
    get lead like a leader

Sensei Cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by no1200
    Looks great in the flesh, ahh metal?
    Probably right the first time. It's a Fiat after all, not much metal left in it!

Looks great Sam, even though I haven't actually seen it in ages!!

The royal penis is clean tremolo's Avatar
    Looks great mate. Got any vids or audio of you revving the tits off it?

Leyburn.
    What date is that on this year? As I can't make it to Speed on Tweed AGAIN, I plan to camp up there and get all pissed up.

Cal.

Datzed - I am tracking down a high res copy.

No1200 - Yeah, I really have Phil to thank in getting many aspects of this car sorted.

Cal - Usually the third weekend in August.

Tremolo - this may or may not be the car on the rev limiter on a private test track. Contrast/brightness may need to be adjusted.
    Last edited by Guido; 08-11-10 at 10:12 PM.

My Sports Sedan

Datzed - I am tracking down a high res copy.
    [/url]
    Hell yeah! Would be ace.
    Whats the rev limiter set at? fark I'd be nervous as hell holding it against the limiter like that

Inanimate Carbon Rod Blind_Goat's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Guido]
    this may or may not be the car on the rev limiter on a private test track. Contrast/brightness may need to be adjusted.

Holy shit that sounds good
    Last edited by Guido; 08-11-10 at 10:12 PM.

Limiter is only set at 7600.

My Sports Sedan