Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,468 of 1468

Thread: Fiat 131 Sports Sedan

Nice one mate.
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Looking at some of the actions shots from Lakeside, it was evident the bar was on the ground coming through shell corner despite getting it to sit a little higher. So a little bit more jiggery pokery was done last night.

The bar is held on by three pegs and a tow hook receiver and bolted to each guard flare. The bar has been sitting too low since my little off track excursion at Wakefield, well specifically coming back onto the track. It looks as if the whole bar is on a downward angle. So last night I took the bar off and jacked the three pegs & receiver. A little bit of trial an error making sure that they're aligned.

The result is the bar now has ~53mm clearance at its lowest point. This is up from 28mm. I still think it can come up further so may have a bit more of a play on the weekend. As when I go from the current 625mm front tyre to the 610s I'll lose another 7.5mm.

Turning the bar upside down last night I notice that I have completely worn away the front edge of the splitter...oops. So once I am confident that it is sitting high enough and isn't scraping I'll fix it and have it repainted.

Broadhurst - when are you coming to wire the boost control trickery??
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Sports Sedan

Sneak peek of the new 18x12" rims.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0461.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	256.5 KB 
ID:	99637  

My Sports Sedan

Fuckinell!

Needs more lip.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

My Sports Sedan

Many thanks to Dale for shooting up a new Haltech killdeathy switch.

Name:	IMG_0479.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	99801  

My Sports Sedan

A little more work done to bar mounts, slight raise of the front end and there's now decent clearance again. Bonus for not having to take the bar off when loading too!!
    Some mesh has been added to protect the cooler, new rear wheel bearings, inner and outer seals and some freshly machined bearing caps.
    Thanks to Ken @ Accurate Suspension we're now ready for round 1 of the Italian Race series at Lakeside Sunday week.

My Sports Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    ready for round 1 of the Italian Race series at Lakeside Sunday week
    Nice. I'm running the MX5 at that event in an MX5/GT86 only race.
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    Nice. I'm running the MX5 at that event in an MX5/GT86 only race.
    Is it sponsored by Stefan?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Is it sponsored by Stefan?
    No that's the GTR series
    DJ's don't need sigs

Are you fags going to Macleans Bridge on Sunday?

My Sports Sedan

Purist, whats that? Jason Broadhurst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm DJ! View Post
    No that's the GTR series
    Supra racing series is sponsored by the veilside in the 90's - and held at a 1/8th track that can't count single digit times.
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Are you going to run 18's on the front too? a few of the sports sedans went 17" front and 18's on the back, the 18's overpowered the older style tyre on the front
    leaving them with an understeering pig.
    Profi

Not just yet. But I'll be going to same compound front and rear and the same tread differential front to rear. If it doesn't work I'm really no worse off. If it does I won't have to rework the front guards and bar.

My Sports Sedan

Oh, I'll be running same style/compound/brand tyre front and rear.

My Sports Sedan

Unfortunately the first race meet wasn't to be. After two successful practice sessions where the bonnet was not so much as lifted, the Pig decided to misbehave.

I wasn't there for qualifying so started race 1 from rear of grid. I noticed it was running a little fluffy as we were lined up, assumed I might have fouled a plug and it'd come good in the warm up. Flag drops from a rolling start @ ~80km/h, 3/4 throttle and it blows the tyres off nicely on cold rubber. I went passed a few Alfas before carousel, exiting carousel gently squeezed it onto full throttle and BANGBANGBANG! Missed like a storm trooper on crack. I buttoned off a little and all was ok, passed the rest of the Alfas coming out of Shell corner onto the straight and was in first by the end of the first lap. But every time I gave it full throttle it was missing like crazy. No warnings on the dash, fuel & oil pressure fine, oil and water temp fine, no lights flashing so kept going trying to keep it under that miss threshold.

Around 6 laps in the car starts dropping cylinders. It gets worse and worse, fuel & oil pressure fine, oil and water temp still fine so I buttoned right off. I'd built up enough of a lead to coast home for the win. Car running like a busted bum as I was parking it on the pits.

Take off the bonnet and as I touch the front two leads they pop off the plugs. FAAARK!! They're not really fitting on very well, crimped them down further, started up the car and it was running crisp again. As I lined up for the 2nd race it was fluffy again. Felt pretty shit on the warm up lap, flag drops and nothing but missing. So I came straight in. Pulled the plugs, all looked fine, tear in the boot of #1 lead but not bad enough I would have though to cause this.

The fact that it seemed intermittent, ok on part throttle, shit on trailing throttle and full throttle had me thinking TPS. I had a spare one with me but not enough time to change it for the next race. Decided to pack up and call it a day. So start the car to get it on the trailer and it's crisp and fine again. As I'm getting it off the trailer at home, running like a busted bum. So it's not heat related.

A little disappointing that I finally had clear track to post a good time but was unable to use full throttle. At least I know it'll do a sub 60 not on all 4. I'll get new leads made this week, change the plugs and the TPS and book some dyno time.

Name:	IMG_0517.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	99944  

My Sports Sedan

Ahh, the frustrations of race cars.... Been there done that a few times.....

Hope it's something simple

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

The royal penis is clean tremolo's Avatar
    Damn! I saw a vid of it on IG, fuck it's quick when healthy. Hope you get it sorted soon

Post for my reference later this week. Searched trailing throttle and full throttle miss. Interestingly results come up with the very same TPS I use, an RB25 Skyline jobbie.

Adjusting/testing:
    (This is OK for a manual car, but probably not for an auto, as the pot position is critical for the auto operation.)
    1) Loosen TPS retaining bolts, and start engine. Let engine idle, leave throttle in idle position.
    2) Move TPS fully clockwise, engine will idle like shit.
    3) Turn TPS anti-clockwise slowly until engine idles properly (i.e. switch is closed). Turn TPS a tad further, then nip up the retaining bolts, and done. (Do not lean on the bolts, as they are tiny, and they're going into aluminium, not steel.)
    Note: If the idle doesn't improve when the TPS is fully anti-clockwise, disconnect the plug, and short the top two sockets on the plug with a piece of wire or needle nose pliers etc. If the idle improves when you do this, then the TPS is faulty. Conversely if the idle still doesn't vary, the wiring to the sensor may be faulty, or a problem exists with the idle control gear (different subject), or something else again.

Source: https://wiki.r31skylineclub.com/inde...osition_Sensor

My Sports Sedan

The new 18x12 rears are on their way.

Name:	IMG_0534.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	408.8 KB 
ID:	100037  

My Sports Sedan

Hmmm...

Name:	IMG_0540.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	100055  

My Sports Sedan

That does not look ideal..
    DJ's don't need sigs

Yep, had new leads made up this morning, new plugs and no change. Yesterday started thinking along the lines of CAS. As I was taking it off I realised there was still a slight gap between the packing washers and the block. So I think the CAS bracket has been flexing due to the solidly mounted engine, coupled with a slightly out of round chopper wheel means it was hitting.

My Sports Sedan

Hmmm...
    hmmm - can you elaborate on what that is please

The crank angle sensor. See the big gouge through it where it's made contact with the chopper wheel.

My Sports Sedan

New leads were made up yesterday by Greg Martin, formerly of Qld Ignition Leads. They have a nice boot similar to the factory Integrale leads that should help stop water pooling in the plug holes. I also gave the cam cover a lick of paint for a new look.

Name:	IMG_0545.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	100065  
    Last edited by Guido; 11-06-17 at 12:38 PM.

My Sports Sedan

The crank angle sensor. See the big gouge through it where it's made contact with the chopper wheel.
    thanks - all is clear now