Yep, a couple of spares.
Yep, a couple of spares.
Hopefully these do as a good a job of filtering E85 without blocking as they did of lightening my wallet.
i used them for ages on e85 with no issues
On a car which is run infrequently though? The filter is there to stop the gumming up getting to injectors.
Stop the gumming up is just as important.
Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"
the bald guy is right. frequent startups is what will stop the e85 sludge issue.
only time i did have a gumming issue was on bosch 2200 injectors when they were left exposed to air when the engine was out for a period of time
Guys it's not the gumming up that's the problem. It's the Ryco paper filters internally swelling up and blocking. They're just not able to cope with the ethanol. I've never had a problem with that grey sludge but on both this car and the last Fiat I have had the Rycos fail. I start the car and get it to temp at least once a fortnight and usually keep a full tank of fuel in it.
Back on the dyno today in the rediculous heat/humidity. Back to gate pressure and it was able to hold a stable 16psi. Result being 404rwhp. This is going to do me for quite some time.
With the car off the dyno and parked I noticed a coolant drip. After a bit of investigation it was coming from the water pump. The pump has a custom toothed gear that is pressed on a boss which is in turn pressed on the factory shaft. The gear itself had come loose off the boss, slid back and munched the water pump. Awesome. Anyways, a call at 2:30 pm to my peoples, a drive to the northside and I had a brand new factory pump in my possession by 4:30pm. Dropped the pump out tonight and dropped it off to a mate with press who transfer the boss and gear to the new pump. Might spot weld the gear on too.
One day this car is going to stop fighting me.
Good stuff Sam. At least it's on the dyno, not the first lap of an interstate event :-)
DJ's don't need sigs
Yep. Yesterday I replaced the studs that needed replacing, cleaned the threads on the wheel bolts, put the flat floor back on and dropped it on the ground. Unfortunately it munched the toothed water pump, Performance Wholesale have some used for dry sump belts which should do the trick. A mate's picking one up for me tomorrow.
Then it's just a case of wopping the pump on with new belt, rad hoses, fresh coolant and it can go on the trailer ready for practice on the weekend.
The only belt that I could get was ~5.5mm wider and clearance is tight. Basically rubs tight up against the flanges (hehehe) of the crank pulley. But it slides in. hehehe. So water pump back on, fresh coolant and kicked it in the guts. No leaks and belt clears everywhere.
Just topped off the tank. All I need to do before Sunday is give it a quick wash, on the trailer and fill up a few jerries.