Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1994 NA8C MX5 Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by DATZED View Post
    Uber awesome wheels mate! SSR's? What offset?

And nice go fast bits too. This thread suddenly got hotter.
    Oh, front are 15x8 +12, will either have 6mm spacer if the stock studs are long enough, or 10mm spacer with 10mm longer studs (though that could be a problem since it'll force me to either run spacers on my normal wheels or use normal open ended nuts instead of locknuts)

Rear are 15x8.5 +6
    WWPBD

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum View Post
    first time i was in sydney, i asked the cabbie to tell a bit about the place. he said "this here oxford st, you see 2 man, they are poofter"
    Fuckwits Incorporated

I was wondering why you ditched the motorbike mirrors but after a bit more driving I realised that the standard ones are enormous because you can't see shit outside the 'B' pillar with the soft top.
    The hard top must be far better, having a much wider rear window.

The hardtop is sooooooooo much easier to see out of, and it doesnt feel slightly claustrophobic like the soft-top. I mainly took the bike mirrors off cos they looked stupid because the mounting points on the doors are on about a 45 degree angle and I couldnt bend the stalks because they were die-cast. That also made it really hard to adjust them so I could see properly, wouldnt have been such a problem with the hardtop, but sucked with the soft-top up
    WWPBD

first time i was in sydney, i asked the cabbie to tell a bit about the place. he said "this here oxford st, you see 2 man, they are poofter"
    Fuckwits Incorporated

Changed heater hoses last week because one burst, then the day after I paid $60 for two Mazda hoses a group buy for the full set of kevlar reinforced heater and radiator hoses was set up for $90 posted. So I got those aswell, they arrived this morning so I've just ordered a 40mm alloy radiator, one more thing to cross off my list of stuff to do before putting the turbo kit on
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

Changes are afoot

Last edited by CXTdreamer; 03-02-18 at 09:28 PM.
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

fuckin good work.
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Daily: Honda Civic EK1 Hatch

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

did you buy the kit new?
    Public Service Reminder

Quote Originally Posted by boostin31 View Post
    I once 1/2 filled a powerade bottle with piss at a daft punk concert then launched it. I doubt the person on the receiving end even knew what hit them though.

Secondhand, but it hadn't been installed previously
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

so they gave you the motul oils as well then??
    Public Service Reminder

Quote Originally Posted by boostin31 View Post
    I once 1/2 filled a powerade bottle with piss at a daft punk concert then launched it. I doubt the person on the receiving end even knew what hit them though.

Nah, I bought those, figured I should do something nice for the box and lsd before turbo torque rips them a new one
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

the SSR's are the shit dude...and tersbro...berry naize
    www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

SSR's If only I could find a set in 4x110
    Last edited by Eeyore; 11-03-09 at 02:10 PM.
    1971 Mazda 1300 Estate Deluxe 1500cc Twin SU - 1979 Mazda RX7 12APP - 1994 Mazda Familia GTR - 1973 Mazda 1300 Wagon

I just noticed that I've managed to get pretty much all the stuff I wanted ages ago for this car, finally I've followed through on something!

That said, I very much doubt that I'll ever really drive with the SSR's on, I think they'd attract far too much attention. Might get some semi-slicks for either the standard wheels or the Watanabes. I'm going to raise it an inch before it hits the road again, I really like the way it looks atm but I think its too much of a compromise in terms of handling and I keep getting stuck in the carpark at the supermarket. Has about a million degrees of negative camber on the rear atm too, which cant be good for tyrewear
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

enter it in all japan day with the SSR's on

Awesome. Do the rocker cover crackle red. Otherwise its all win.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe, and from this side only! The flight of a half-man, half-bird. Dinosaurs nuzzling their young in pastures where strip-malls should be. Cookies on dowels. All those moments lost in time; gone like eggs off a hooker's stomach. Time to die.
    - Phil Ken Sebben

Yeah I wanted the rocker cover and inlet manifold crackle red FJ style but its at my cousin's house and he did it in plain red when I wasn't there.

I thought about All Jap Day, but I still need to work out spacing the front wheels because they don't clear the brakes but I only have 12mm to play with before to end up sticking out the same amount as the rears, which is about as far as you can go, and thats not enough for boltons, and if I get longer studs and slip-ons then I wont be able to run my locknuts with normal wheels sans spacers because they have enclosed ends. Plus I don't want to drive to Glenelg with wheels sticking way out and a few not exactly legal bits under the bonnet. I'm making dad enter the NSX-R instead, I think people would find that far more interesting than a dunger MX5
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

Just about ready

Last edited by CXTdreamer; 03-02-18 at 09:29 PM.
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

nash
    looks awesome, good job

any updates?
    1986 944 turbo
    2006 #26 VE Senator

Yeah! Progress!

No progress Too much uni and too much work. There may be some progress in a fortnight, hopefully.

As mentioned in some other thread, I bought a MegaSquirt for it, but ended up finding a plug n play Autronic SMC for a good price.

Also bought some fail-offset Work VS-XX 17's the other week

Same wheels on an NB VV

Not really sure why I bought the wheels, I have absolutely no need for them but it seemed like a good idea at the time I guess. They're not exactly light so I have a feeling I'll get the shits with running them pretty quickly, I really need another set of 14 inch Weds with semis instead
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

dood...17's on your car...

nah thats not right..even if VS-XX's are the forever hotness

Turns out you were right, I didn't like them on there

Just need to fix an oil leak where the feed for the turbo is tee'd off the oil pressure sender then take it down to get an exhaust.

Then I can think about getting my 550cc injectors serviced and chuck them and an Aristo fuel pump in

Its a bit crowded in front of the throttle body

Last edited by CXTdreamer; 03-02-18 at 09:29 PM.
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

Just realised I hadn't put any photos up in ages

Last edited by CXTdreamer; 03-02-18 at 09:30 PM.
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

Oh, Zac, yes the Brunswick has been refurbished, guy that runs it is a champ, barchicks have great cans and they do the best hamburger everrrr

NB (next shape) intercooler and piping fitted PERFECTLY, I couldn't believe how easily they went on, didn't have to change a thing. Unlike the 'straight fit' alloy radiator which required a decent amount of fucking around to make it fit.

Swapped my NB rollbar for a NA one (because I like how the NA bar has the diagonal bar running from front to back instead of just between the front uprights) but unfortunately I wasn't aware that the uprights are a couple of inches further inboard on the NA bar so now if I put the seat all the way back (which I have to do to fit in it) it rubs against the bar sooner which makes a squeaky vinyl sound and also puts my head closer to the bar. This may be less of an issue when I get my mesh headrest Recaros in as they may be a bit thinner, they won't squeak and the headrest is higher so its actually where my head is, not my neck
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

Pulled the oil pressure sender and t-piece for the oil feed off on Monday to try and fix the slight oil drip, put thread tape and threadloc on all the threads. I thought it fixed it as there was no leak the next day when I started it after letting the threadloc dry for a day, but this morning when I moved it into the street to put it on a truck it looked to have dripped when i started it, although it didnt appear to do it this afternoon... Odd. I think I'll pull it all off again to put the known good pressure sender from my old engine on as the gauge isnt working, and apparently theres another spot you can use as an oil feed on the other side of the block, so I'll drop the t-piece aswell.

Got the exhaust done today, just went for a 2.5 inch mild steel system, highflow cat, straight through muffler. Decent note, not too loud, I'm happy for $660.

Had my first drive, it seems to make the right noises but not a lot of forward progress. I'll get it the a/f ratio checked on a dyno before giving it too much right foot. It did spin up rather easily when I was pulling out into traffic leaving the servo, the engine sounded good when it was spinning up
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

Glad this is progressing. Good luck with the tune.

I've never had success with thread tape and oil - I suspect anything other than full synthetic oil (including additives?) attacks the tape.

Yeah I visited it in Jan when I was around. It felt a bit weird being newly gentrified but with the same bar old flies propping up the front bar

Get some thread sealant, that will fix it up.

Got bored, bought more wheels

I know that Sportmaxx are just cheap shit but they're sooo pretty

I've driven it a bit this week, seems to not be leaking oil any more. Booked in for a tune on the 16th, have a few things to do before then. New Walbro fuel pump and fuel filter arrived today so I need to fit them. Need to ensure the timing is set to stock specs and adjust the idle.
    Might remove the rollbar when doing the pump, its giving me the shits
    Last edited by CXTdreamer; 03-02-18 at 09:31 PM.
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated