Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1994 NA8C MX5 Clubman

They will look hot

Dyno'd at 6psi on stock injectors with a Walbro pump

It made 69rwkw at the same dyno when stock, so thats a nice increase for pretty much no boost. I'm hoping to try and get it tuned to pass an emissions test on the stock injectors before putting my big ones in and going for power
    Last edited by CXTdreamer; 03-02-18 at 09:31 PM.
    WWPBD

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum View Post
    first time i was in sydney, i asked the cabbie to tell a bit about the place. he said "this here oxford st, you see 2 man, they are poofter"
    Fuckwits Incorporated

What do stock injectors flow?

Stock are 265cc saturated top-feed 14mm with a F connector

I was planning on using the RX7 550's but I've heard that they can end up washing the bores and lunching the engine eventually because of the spray pattern, so I've been looking for some new piston engine ones with a more modern pintle

Maybe something like this

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_...oducts_id=1999

Or they have 440's and smaller aswell
    WWPBD

first time i was in sydney, i asked the cabbie to tell a bit about the place. he said "this here oxford st, you see 2 man, they are poofter"
    Fuckwits Incorporated

45kw increase would make this a good deal of fun
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Gave it first and second tonight on the way home from work in an applicable speed zone, the graph looks smooth but you can really feel it get its shit together from 5000. Its alright below that but then gets a strong second wind.

Needs more though...
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

Needed to take my Watanabes and stockies to the tyre shop to get the tyres swapped from the watanabes to the stockies because some guy offered me decent coin for the watanabes, and I cant take the car there during the week. Solution - Put the SSR's on. I've never had all four on the car at the same time as I never finished rolling the rear guards before I broke my guard roller, and the rear wheels stick out a mile so I think it'd last about five minutes on the road before yellow sticker time. Fuck they look good though

Last edited by CXTdreamer; 03-02-18 at 09:32 PM.
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

Looks pretty damn good.

For some reason, I've starting thinking an old MX5 would be a good idea again. I'm an idiot.

looks bullshit good dude
    www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

cutting laps
    that looks phat

will this be skidding it up on the 11th?

ever get it on the dyno? how many killerbees?
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Daily: Honda Civic EK1 Hatch

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Hmm........ Your reference to the 11th would have been useful if I'd seen the thread had been bumped

Dyno graph is on this page. I've only driven it a few times this year, currently off the road because I think the rad support is bent back, bonnet catch won't hold the bonnet down

I got bored this week and bought some more wheels for it, haven't tried them on the MX5 yet because I cant drive it, but I did chuck one on the Golf to see how it sits

17x7.5/8 +22 Work VS-XX

Given how well they fit the Golf though, I'm not sure if they'll make it to the MX5 haha
    Last edited by CXTdreamer; 03-02-18 at 09:32 PM.
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

You gonna push to much further engine work wise, I put cams in nopics NA8C the other week, picked up a shitload of response. Got quad throttles for in now and the ECU. I won't be turbo fast, but it'll sound good
    Newest member of the PF divorce club

Once I finaaly get off my arse and order new injectors I'll just have to get it retuned, should be around 160-170rwkw at ~1bar. Turbo isn't huge so response shouldn't be too bad. Then I want to clean a few things up, I'm not too happy with the top radiator hose touching the right angle intake tube going into the throttle body, and I think I'd like to try and hide some of the wiring and clean the engine bay up a bit. I also want to make some templates in cardboard for above the radiator and a new undertray, and then cut/bend them from aluminium, except I want to find a way to put stiffening ribs/bends in, although I do have another idea if I can't do that, my local hobby shop sells carbon rods for RC plane spars etc, I reckon I could glue them to the aluminium to stiffen it.

Also trying to find some NB8B/C brakes because I need to run the same brakes as the factory turbo ones to get it legal eventually, and from what I can gather the SE used standard NB8B callipers.

Then I'll need to get an emissions friendly tune which I'm fairly sure should be possible because theres another guy in Adelaide that had his NA6 tuned to pass his turbo kit on a MegaSquirt.

How much of that ever actually happens is anyones guess... I sanded it back in preperation for a respray ~4 years ago and that hasn't happened yet hahaha
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

Those wheels look tits on the Golf.
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

... Haven't done anything with this really in the last couple of years, barely even driven it. I drove it for a couple of days for work last year when my i30 was getting fixed after a truck rolled backwards into it, was good fun boosting around until one afternoon I was heading back into the city at 5pm along Unley Road when suddenly there was a BANG and a grinding noise, I thought the exhaust had fallen off or something, immediately put it in neutral and rolled into a side street.

Fucking intercooler fell off, it had pulled the captive bolts out of the sheetmetal on the car and was just held to the car by the pipes as it ground on the road. Good thing the pipes held though, stopped it getting run over. Had to cabletie it back into place so I could get it back to work (and then get a new starter motor fitted to the Golf the next day so I could drive that) and let it sit for a month or two before fixing it. No real damage to the cooler

Oh, bought more wheels... I've just read through this thread, holy fuck I've had a lot of wheels on this car

Trusty Export Black can later...

They're REALLY hard to get to show up in photographs...

I'm thinking its time to sell it now since I haven't been getting any use from it but I've a feeling I'll probably have to pull it apart and put it back to stock to get the best return on everything, I still have the standard Bilsteins and springs, ecu, intake, exhaust, so I could sell the turbo kit, Autronic, coilovers, rollbar, hardtop etc separately and just leave the fuel pump, clutch and alloy radiator in the car.

I kind of think it was more fun before I started doing stuff to it, and looking back over the pictures I was trying to work out when I liked it the most...
    Last edited by CXTdreamer; 03-02-18 at 09:33 PM.
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

When was it last washed?
    Public Service Reminder

Quote Originally Posted by boostin31 View Post
    I once 1/2 filled a powerade bottle with piss at a daft punk concert then launched it. I doubt the person on the receiving end even knew what hit them though.

SSR's were the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stix Z
    i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Cplus View Post
    When was it last washed?
    Yesterday
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

Did your cousin ever pay you back? Im guessing with the lack of respray no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cordia
    And if anybody wants to know what the power output is FORGET IT, cos even if i say NO ONE WILL BELIEVE ME. Its the big shock.

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Mate tried to sell his turbo MX5 like yours about 6 months ago. Basically has zero interest except for low ballers. I'd say you'll get a lot more if you part it out. Used car values are in the poo at the moment.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Yeah thats what I'm planning on doing in a couple of months
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

How much you thinking to sell complete?

I too would be interested to know how much ud be after complete

Quote Originally Posted by CXTdreamer View Post
    I kind of think it was more fun before I started doing stuff to it, and looking back over the pictures I was trying to work out when I liked it the most...
    True dat. Mine is vastly quicker than when I bought it stock, but on the street, it's certainly not more fun. My old man's NA6 with Konis & Kings, CAI, timing advance and an exhaust beats it hands down.
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

ummm I put it on Facebook for $12k for the car with coils, turbo kit, ecu and choice of wheels, and hardtop and SE front brakes for another $1k

Paint has all been sanded back a few years ago and the front end seems slightly out of whack, nudged another car and I can't work out if its just the little right angle rail at the top/back of where the bumper skin sits on the bar frame or if its from when I cut a bit out of the bonnet latch support to fit around the intercooler, or if its the new bonnet I got to replace the one with the dent in it. Still all works fine, just looks a bit rough.

I'm thinking the car on its own when I put it back to standard Clubman spec should be ~$7k, and the rest of the bits shouldn't be too hard to sell because the only cheap thing I used on it was the thicker aluminium radiator, kind of wish I'd gotten a standard thickness one
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

Haven't touched it since I parked it at my grandparents so I could fit the EP3 in at home, but I went to a MX5 meet last night (in the DR30 instead lol) and met some of the kids with modded NA's and NB's in Adelaide and I kind of want to use mine a bit again now. Weirdly dad called this morning and asked if he might be able to use it in the 6 hour relay at Mallala in a month because one of his friends asked if he wanted to fill in a vacant spot in a MX5 team, so I've been trying to think of everything that would need to be done to it beforehand.

Number one would be finding out the rollbar regs they'll be following, I have a Bond Davis bar but its been painted and I don't have the certification paperwork for it, mainly because my head sits higher than it anyway so I couldn't use it on a track, but I've a feeling you can run without a rollbar with a hardtop?

Need to stop the top radiator hose rubbing on the intake piping

Maybe see about getting the intercooler mounted more securely, its kind of jury-rigged now since it tore the captive nuts out of the car
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

Brown-Davis will be fine for the 6hr regularity, they don't look for certification, just good construction. Certainly better off with that than just the hardtop.

Cool, I'm thinking that if I can get the top outlet on the radiator turned 45 degrees towards the passenger side that would fix the rubbing hose and since I'd need to see a fabricator about that, I can probably get the inter cooler mounted properly too
    WWPBD

Fuckwits Incorporated

Go talk to Chris Kirby/Rex Kelway on that one. Good fab and helpful.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence