Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Garage Takai IPRA AE86 (56k die)

Now in the middle of moving house, as a bonus this arrived:
    Edit, damn you Tapatalk.

Image here:
    Last edited by takai; 15-11-13 at 06:49 AM.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

And in its new car hole. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384493151.571547.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	69685
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Still languishing a bit. Done a few things to it, had it running and then started pulling bits apart again to sort out a couple of niggles i wanted to fix.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget

yay an update!

are those club plates for the AE86? should be fun to blast through the dandenongs in that
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Unregistered User Permit Roadsailing's Avatar
    where did you get the main girdle? it seems nobody used them 10 years ago and now everyone is, cheap insurance I guess.

How do you find those bonnet latches? I "work" on a few cars that have them and you need a hook pick to open the stupid things, perhaps they aren't all created equal.

That ding in the front passenger quarter has gotten quite a bit worse since 2013.
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Quote Originally Posted by Roadsailing View Post
    where did you get the main girdle? it seems nobody used them 10 years ago and now everyone is, cheap insurance I guess.

How do you find those bonnet latches? I "work" on a few cars that have them and you need a hook pick to open the stupid things, perhaps they aren't all created equal.
    Hah yeah, both have snapped off actually. Have a new pack to replace them with. The girdle is from MRP in NZ, cheap security really for high RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    That ding in the front passenger quarter has gotten quite a bit worse since 2013.
    Lol yeah, bog fell out
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget

Unregistered User Permit Roadsailing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by takai View Post
    Hah yeah, both have snapped off actually. Have a new pack to replace them with. The girdle is from MRP in NZ, cheap security really for high RPM.
    yeah i think i'll put one on my shopping list if I end up going down the full rebuild road, plenty of things that are cheap security but they all add up eventually. or quickly.

glad it wasn't just me with those things, I reckon pins and tether cable scratching the shit out of ones bonnet is a better look anyway.

With those style pins you have to push down slightly on the bonnet to 'unload' them as you flick up the lever section......I was having a hell of a time with them until I fluked that little trick. No problems since.
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

^ This. Once I got used to them after installing them on my car - had no issues operating them. Best thing about them is they are an instant visual to let you know you have/haven't latched your bonnet!

Quote Originally Posted by Justengt4 View Post
    With those style pins you have to push down slightly on the bonnet to 'unload' them as you flick up the lever section......I was having a hell of a time with them until I fluked that little trick. No problems since.
    Yeah, the push down trick works well. I have seen a few cars using springs over the post section to assist in the process, the usual trick of fuel hose isnt as compressible.
    Either way though one was snapped by an idiot at a shipping company, and the other by a 4yo.

Quote Originally Posted by ENGINR View Post
    ^ This. Once I got used to them after installing them on my car - had no issues operating them. Best thing about them is they are an instant visual to let you know you have/haven't latched your bonnet!
    Yeah, that is one of the main reasons i use them. In the up position i can just see them poking up.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget

Wankeling Rotard

Garage Takai IPRA AE86 (56k die)

Oops.
    '93 fini FD RX7 | '04 FE RX8 blog.vtxms.com
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

That feeling when you pull out the bits you bought 4 years ago for the new rear brake line, but now cant remember which bits you intended to go where... Lol
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget

If you want some hardline and tools to flare/bend let me know i think i live around the corner from you (narre warren) might have to double check how much i have left but free if you want it.
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

Quote Originally Posted by ROBAPHENT View Post
    If you want some hardline and tools to flare/bend let me know i think i live around the corner from you (narre warren) might have to double check how much i have left but free if you want it.
    Nah. Have plenty of hard line bits, but for this one have decided to go braided all the way to the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget

Hey Chris.
    Any benefit of going braided all the way with the brake lines?

Or is it just 'because i can/want to'?

Quote Originally Posted by garvice View Post
    Hey Chris.
    Any benefit of going braided all the way with the brake lines?

Or is it just 'because i can/want to'?
    Makes it easier for connections and maintenance. Plus routing becomes much easier through the cabin. No notable loss of pressure from all reports too.
    Sure it's more expensive, but when you already have to buy the fittings for flex lines to the hydro handbrake it's not a significant increase.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget

Cheers mate.

Cmon, finish this and enjoy it, surely
    GTE23 - Collecting parts - preparing for trailer racecar
    UZA28 - Collecting parts - packed away in the farm container
    LN65 - Awaiting 1KZT dual transfer 4.88 electric locker transplant 483000km
    YN65 - Drive car and eventual 1UZ-SC fun 398000km
    YN65 - Engineered bogandoor cabin donor. chassis+drivetrain+paperwork for sale
    JZS47 - Sold to buy first house

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
    Cmon, finish this and enjoy it, surely
    It's sold dude.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    It's sold dude.
    Sadly it isnt, buyer reneged on it on Thursday... damn you jinxing me.

Someone buy it now.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget

This finally rolled out onto a trailer this morning to go to its new owner. In the last trip down memory lane i did this up last night
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget

Quote Originally Posted by takai View Post
    This finally rolled out onto a trailer this morning to go to its new owner. In the last trip down memory lane i did this up last night
    Nice video, lots to be proud of there! Makes me want one...

Quote Originally Posted by [CatchMe] View Post
    Nice video, lots to be proud of there! Makes me want one...
    Was definitely bloody good fun. Looking forward to having more track time in the MX5 though. Especially without having to fabricate everything from scratch.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget