Thread: 'breanna'.. ke25 shitter (56k beware)

'breanna'.. ke25 shitter (56k beware)

howdy guys, this has been a long time coming, but updates have been so few and far between i couldnt be bothered starting one. but today is a slow sunday so....

bit of a background.. bout 4 years ago i bought an AE92sx with silvertop cheap that had been smashed in the side.. was going to rebody it, but couldnt find a good body cheap enough to make it happen. then a bloke from castlemaine offered to swap me the AE92 for a KE25 with 4age.. so i snatched it.

as i bought it:
    1973 ke25 corolla
    stock standard JDM AE86 bluetop 4age
    JDM t50 5 speed gearbox
    KE55 4.1 open baby borg warner diff
    AE71 rack and pinion steering column etc etc
    TA22 celica front struts and brakes
    3 sets of tyres, 13x6 globes with aussports, 13x6 hotwires? with road tyres, and various steelies with whatever shit i can get from work
    some shitty race seats that i hate

started racing autocross, khanacross, a bit of oval and motorkhanas with varying results. everyone that drives it finds in near impossible to keep straight, you have to be real careful goin sideways through corners, as it either pushes you to the outside of the track, in the marbles, its slow, or it sends ya 180. goes great in a straight line though.
    bought some ausport rally tyres for it, which helped in a straight line, but still handled bad. also brakes are shit.

did that till late 06, where i entered a 6hr regularity relay trial at winton with some fellow toymodders.
    before the race, i lost my brake pedal. checked the brakes, found a pad had cocked sideways on its mount. checked it and it was bent! and part of the pad material had broken away. couldnt do anything but put it back together.

the car did great all weekend, apart from melting my road tyres, but 1/2 way through my stint the car got REAL hot, and i fuxed the big ends and a few mains. i think it happened either coz the oil boiled with the coolant, or maybe it starved, as there was a dirty big dent in the sump roughly where the pickup is. i was doin a hard long l/h turn at the time.

pulled it apart to do a quick reringer etc. but found one of the grub screws from my throttle body had gone through no4, and stuffed the piston and head, and made no4 bore out of specs, aswell as the stuffed crank/rods from the race.
    reco'd the head, sourced another bottom end which i rebuilt, slapped it back together with another throttle body and she was good to go, mind you a year had passed and i had 3 weeks to prepare the car for the '07 6 hour at winton.

while the engine was out i had started on the body and lost interest (the body is fucked royale). so with many thanks to a mate ian, with 2 days to go before the race he roughed it up and sprayed it in primer. didnt have time for colour.

i also bought some used formula ford slicks for the race too while i was at it

found out why it was overheating. my engine was fucked, my thermo was infront of the radiator, and the previous owner had set it up to blow air back out the front! fixed that and its all good now.

so went to winton, and had constant fueling (and fuel leakage) issues. replaced the lift pump and pressure pump, tried blocking off the inlet, but to no avail. the event was a failure.

(photos to come here)

came back, replaced the tank with one from one of my other ke25's, replaced the fuel filter and got a cap from pick a part, did a fun day and now shes all sweet.
    at the latest fun day, i was able to keep up with a wrx, and left quite a few better cars for dead, so i was stoked. a guy in an R32 came up to me later asking about it, saying he was trying to keep up but couldnt

best time at winton: 1.50.9

as it stands:

Last edited by MRMOPARMAN; 03-02-08 at 10:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

RNJ Fabrication
    nice work !!!! any future plans ???

good to see that your getting out there and having fun in the car !!
    i have just discovered the fun of budget racing. can't wait for the next one !!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    RNJ Fabrication
    Design-Machining-Welding
    RNJfabrication@yahoo.com
    04 0737 0736

thanks slo. heaps of plans, no cash.

id eventually like to find a good body to start with, like a te27 sprinter cross IP car. really depends what sorta racing i end up doing. i cant set it up to do one paticular thing atm coz im chopping and changing all the time.

ive got some s13 coilovers, will eventually go r33 front brakes, im looking for a 4age blacktop to rebuild for methanol (if class rules let me), and w series box.

got a hilux diff ready for the supra rear brakes. but its slight overkill atm as ive only got like 50rwkw if im lucky.
    will eventually set up a panhard rod and some control arms for it, ill keep the rear leaves though.

wouldnt mind a cage and harness'. im finding it hard to enter circuit meets as the scruteneers dont like the lack of cage and the original non reel seatbelts.
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

I love your work Cam, nice one.

RNJ Fabrication
    fuck yeah.

i'm stuck in the same boat. thinking of getting a second set of suspension stuff so i can have a on road set and an off road set. lots of plans but no cash to back it up.

as long as it's fun who cares !!! may not be the quickest but by george it's fun !!!
    RNJ Fabrication
    Design-Machining-Welding
    RNJfabrication@yahoo.com
    04 0737 0736

went to the drags last friday. only had 2 runs, got a 15.7 and a 15.5

im fairly happy with that, but there should be a bit more in it (hopefully 15.3)

one and only vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLIav2-7QEU

Hey Cam,
    I havnt been to a bendigo meet for a while although i did attend the BCC presentation night to catch up with a few people.
    If you want to build a TE27 corolla let me know as i know there are still some good 2tg and 3T engines, gearboxs and other related stuff around.
    Keep up the good work with the racer mate.
    Trav

ok thought it was time for an update, even though ive only done the 2008 winton 6hr relay since the last update.

anywhoo, bout 3 weeks before the event, i called in a favour and got a mate to throw some jam over breanna. its way too thin (and only house enamel) but still looks 110tybillion times better than before.

so that and some fresh(er) FF slicks i was ready for the event.

our team came last, or 2nd last?. but it didnt matter, we had an absolute ball, and apart from my inlet manifold gasket getting ingested into the intake, she was turn key reliable.

team oddbods '08 winton 6hr

and the whole toymods crew around the CCC's race car (an adventure in itself that car)

havent even driven the poor car since that last race. might pull the stickers off it later today and blow some cobwebs out later today maybe?

due to house buying commitments, there are very little plans. decided the hilux diff will be better suited in one of my vals, so i will probably get a BTR78 to replace it, XF rear discs and brand X calipers. to be chosen at a later date.

also went halvies with a mate and bought 4 4age's ($400 all up) will end up building a 4AGTE at a later date

Cant wait to get a good look at her as i slide by on the main straight little buddy.

u wish james.. the only place you'll be sliding is off the track coz that puny turbo cant keep up

Quote Originally Posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
    u wish james.. the only place you'll be sliding is off the track coz that puny turbo cant keep up
    2L + tiny turbo vs 1600 and NA = Dreaming.

Its going to be fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
    2L + tiny turbo that supports less power than N/A vs 1600 and NA + 150kgs lighter = Dreaming.
    fixed

and yes, it will be fun watching you get smoked from my rear view mirror

900kg + 180kw vs 750kg + 80kw = EPIC FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
    900kg + 180w vs 750kg + 80kw = EPIC FAIL
    fixed

???
    Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Yawnworthy thread bump dumbarse