Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 1200 coupe drag car

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYA View Post
    Went to my wrecker mates work and pulled out the front end of the gts4 this afternoon. The rack was already gone, it looks like normal r32 is all the same so ill get one of them after. For all the uprights and arms, drive shafts etc.

Also got my RB30 bottom end sitting there. Got to pull the complete rear cradle out maby next weekend. The front end will give me enough shit to start fitting up to on the chassis jig anyway for now.

Im going to go rb25 head on the 30 as i only want to make less then 400 kw, probably with a 0.82 3540. I bought a whole RB25 with cracked ringland a while back so ill strip the head off that.
    get TK to give the RB25 head a quick seeing to? That thread of his about the RB25/30 (I think) was really good. From memory the flow figures were far more impressive than a similarly modded 2JZ. Makes you wonder why so many people jumped on the 2JZ bandwagon?

Quote Originally Posted by flopper View Post
    get TK to give the RB25 head a quick seeing to? That thread of his about the RB25/30 (I think) was really good. From memory the flow figures were far more impressive than a similarly modded 2JZ. Makes you wonder why so many people jumped on the 2JZ bandwagon?
    Yea i will be, the only thing i am considering is if i keep it stocker head for now then swap out to a 26 head later on. Only reason is solid lifters standard etc, and if i want to spend lots of money it might be wiser spent on the 26 head?

2jz i think is popular because of its brute strength, not so good flow doesn't mean much at 50 psi. Also they got good oil pumps standard.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Hey, how is this thing going?
    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

7 year thread dig

What ended up happening to this car?
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

I still have all the gear but lost interest. I always wanted a ute but this came up cheap and then I was going to sink too much cash in for something that I really wanted in a ute.

Bought some houses in the mean time then I found a mint ute then bought the R35 donor car so this just sat around.

All the running gear you see in this is now in a bluebird wagon that I still have.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Thanks for the update. Still got the coupe shell?
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Yes still have it
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling