Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263
Results 1,861 to 1,878 of 1878

Thread: XW getting built for the corners n shit

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    The filling with oil is two fold.
    1) Stops the insert from seizing in.
    2) Heat transfer - With the inserrt sitting inside a steel tube with crappy contact, it doesn't take much work to get the shock to heat up and fade.
    You know the real reason donít you?
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    You know the real reason donít you?
    Because the instructions say so?
    Because there's always time for lube?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

In the old days OEM struts had the piston run directly in the tube which was oil filled. When gas charged inserts came out for OEM replacement youíd pull the piston and shaft out, tip out as much oil as you could then jam in the insert. Some cars you could do this without pulling the whole strut out so there was always oil still in there when the new insert was fitted. It didnít hurt anything so no one gave a fuck. Youíd tell the boss it was good as it helped heat transfer so you didnít have to pull the whole strut out lol
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

I thought Bermo's NOS was a wet kit for some reason
    This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.

Na it's a under carb plate spray bar.

Random pics

IMG_9477 by Matt Wood, on Flickr

IMG_9483 by Matt Wood, on Flickr

IMG_9497 by Matt Wood, on Flickr

Thanks to Blake Parry for this one, nice arse

IMG_9507 by Matt Wood, on Flickr
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

Nice one!
    No problems? It must feel like itís hit a wall at over 200.

Thought about doing some aero cleanup for next time? Blank upper radiator grille with perspex sheet, and modify a bumper with a cutout so that it feeds from above the front spoiler. One of the mustang guys in the states did that with his 65 fastback (well, he blanked the upper and pulled all his airflow through the R-model front valance) and it made a significant difference in the thing at speed. Dropping the front rideheight would help significantly too.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Yep I fully agree, there's no point throwing more power at it.

It does 206km/hr in 400 and only adds 30k in 400m, other problem with that is that's in overdrive 5th 0.82 using 4.11 gears, changing to 3.45 would be heaps better as I could stay in 4th.

regardless the aero mods you talk of are a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rust View Post

It does 206km/hr in 400 and only adds 30k in 400m, .
    folklore has it that if only you added a $300 ebay XY Ph III GTHO rear wing- be doing twice that

Haha yea!!

I also forgot to take my ACM flat engine undertray this year which I reckon helps

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rust View Post
    Haha yea!!

I also forgot to take my ACM flat engine undertray this year which I reckon helps
    Yeah, the underside of these things is pretty dirty airflow wise, and with all that front ride height you're putting a lot of air under it, so an undertray would be a significant helper. Was your fastest run last time using the undertray?

My 2c: you're chasing ever diminishing gains looking at aero and power for more straight line fasts in this thing. Time to switch disciplines and fulfill the prophecy of the thread title
    This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Yeah, the underside of these things is pretty dirty airflow wise, and with all that front ride height you're putting a lot of air under it, so an undertray would be a significant helper. Was your fastest run last time using the undertray?
    238km

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    My 2c: you're chasing ever diminishing gains looking at aero and power for more straight line fasts in this thing. Time to switch disciplines and fulfill the prophecy of the thread title
    agree and this was realised yesterday, no come over and pull the heads off with me and get your paper pushing hands dirty.

Car sounded strong all weekend mate, some great photos there as well. Bet you can't wait to get her out on Collie long track! Every time I see your car it gives me motivation.
    Shitter LX hatch
    Perth, WA

Thanks Dave. I actually got to take a few mates out for a lap which was great. New mufflers worked a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    Aero tweaks will help on a circuit too though.

Good to see you on the weekend mate, the big girl looked and sounded great.
    Look forward to the next Collie day with the long track.

Thanks Luke. Shame we didnít get to line up this year.