Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: XW getting built for the corners n shit

How much they set u back?
    Im not only sure Im HIV positive.

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    I love your work so far Xdubya.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

The carby was USD479 and the bracket 99, so even with freight of 120 I am still way in front of buying the stuff here.

Was quoted AUD830 just for the carby recently...fark that.

Cheers Uncle
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

u cunt, I payed $860 for carby only 2 years ago

When you get this thing going again we need to have a NOS XW vs NOS XY time attack

Yea AUD FTW!!

It's still a way off as have to finish the Watts link, dummy fit the motor and T56, paint engine bay, reassemble motor....build roll cage.

The missus is due in Feb, so it's looking like I need to get moving.

Yea looking forward to seeing yours back in motion...should be a ball tearer!!

NOOOOOOOoo not a t56 , those things weigh a metric shit load!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by profi View Post
    NOOOOOOOoo not a t56 , those things weigh a metric shit load!!!!!!!
    More than a toploader?

Are you prepared to carve up the trans tunnel to get the t56 in with decent driveline angles?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Yea it's a heavy fucker alright, I decided today that it's getting close to being a full blown racer, so getting quotes for 6 point weld in cage with removable side intrusion bars and harness mounts.

Don't mind cutting it up and as such will be looking into moving the motor down and back. the bloody standard XR8 clutch and flywheel weighs the same as a fwd gearbox...they will make nice ornaments in the garden.

Coming along very nicely mate ..

Cheers Greg,

Woohoo got a quote from Rod Andrews for this.].http://www.andrewsracecars.com.au/index.html

Our kit cages are $800.00 for CAMS competiton. They comprise main hoop, front legs, upper windscreen bar, roof diagonal, 4 roof gusset tubes, 2 backstays, diagonal for either backstays or main hoop, taxi bar, intrusion bars, mounting plates and diagrams and instructions.

Removable intrusion bar clamps for CAMS competition have to be custom made to suit the installation as CAMS don't allow bending of the intrusion bars. The clamps are $60.00 ea and you will need 4. This is over and above the cost of the cage
    Last edited by Greg Rust; 06-11-09 at 10:26 AM.

That seems silly cheap?

It's the standard price from Rod and similar to what I have in my Lancer (I've got thicker ANDRA spec bars everywhere so it's CAMS and ANDRA compliant). Just keep in mind that there is a lot of work to install it, measuring and notching tubes can get very boring!

From reading their site I got the impression it just required welding in and bolting down...aren't all the notches and cuts already done?

Nope, apart from the hoop, front legs and windscreen bar, the rest is just lengths of metal. Too hard to get it spot on in a kit form.

Jesus Titty fucken christ woodzee

you owe me a beer
    This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.

very nice! on the carby. I have organised a 825cfm mighty demon for $950 delivered....
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroll Smith
    The price of Man in motion is the occasional collision.
    Royalpurple Oils

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    Jesus Titty fucken christ woodzee

you owe me a beer
    Ok sounds good,

On another note I dummied up the block and the T56 today, as the T56 came from an XR8 the gear shift position is about 150mm to far towards the rear of the car which means that if I put a race seat in there it would be pretty crap for changing gears. even looked at making a new shifter leg but it looks quite strange the bends required to get it forward.

Mal Wood makes a shifter relocation kit that involves a new rear housing, shift rails, etc to move it forward around 200mm, haven't prices for this yet but the other option would be to move the seating position rearward, this obviously has benefits towards handling but is quite a bit more work?

Discuss?

Quote Originally Posted by F|sh View Post
    very nice! on the carby. I have organised a 825cfm mighty demon for $950 delivered....
    Jesus that's a serious carby!!!!!, Summit kindly left a catalogue in my parcel and I spent last night fapping over the thousands of products and that was only at page 20!!!

i hope holley have fixed all the "HP street" fuckups by now, i know of at least 4 that needed serious recalibrating to run nice on the street as well as at the track.

I just about wore out the bowl screw threads in the main body on mine because it came apart so many times before i was "happy" with it lol.

Good price though!

Quote Originally Posted by greenhj View Post
    i hope holley have fixed all the "HP street" fuckups by now, i know of at least 4 that needed serious recalibrating to run nice on the street as well as at the track.

I just about wore out the bowl screw threads in the main body on mine because it came apart so many times before i was "happy" with it lol.

Good price though!
    Ahh ok wasn't aware that there had been any major issues, I have been running on BBQ for the past 6 years, so based on all the good feedback that I had researched thought that these carbys were the snizzel me nizzel!! It's a heavy little bugger, they look lighter in the pictures

Dude, I don't even know what that link is supposed to mean? Lenco make great prostock transmissions for drag cars that cost a bazzilion $$, this is a budget track racer built in my garage funded and built by me.

cheers!
    Last edited by Greg Rust; 15-11-09 at 08:57 PM.

i know mate im just stirring

Well give me a Holinger then you cunt..hehe that will fix it, oh and new donk.

Quote Originally Posted by xwgasaxe View Post
    Ahh ok wasn't aware that there had been any major issues, I have been running on BBQ for the past 6 years, so based on all the good feedback that I had researched thought that these carbys were the snizzel me nizzel!! It's a heavy little bugger, they look lighter in the pictures
    Nothing major, just seemed to have a shitty "street" calibration, ie light load, low speed stuff which was at odds with the "street" advertising, and i thought it would be a lot nicer than a standard 4779.

Your engine breathes harder than mine, so it might like it the way it is, if not, nothing some drills, taps and head scratching wont fix.

Awesome at WFO though!

Flat a/f curve all the way to redline (if thats what it wants) but for roundy round you will probably spend a bit of time messing with throttle response to get rid of typical holley flatspots.

Do you own a wideband?

It would be real handy for the roundy round to be able to log stuff likeTP, MAP, RPM etc and tweak stuff at the circuit depending on conditions etc.

Yea the Summit catalogue has some widebands in there for sale which looked pretty nice and even had some levels of data collection, I actually have one of those Jaycar AFR solder at home kits that I bought with the notion of using a o2 sensor that I dug up, but like most things decided that I had better time spent else where.

Ok got stuck back in on the weekend, used 4 coats of spray putty, then wet blocked it back, some more coats, then another rub back, ready for paint.

Ford Diamond White Acrylic, painted at home in the garage, just have to wet block the paint back with 600 and then some compound.

Front suspension and brakes to go in over xmas.

You realise the spray putty just adds weight? :P
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Good to see some progress mate.

Ill post some videos on Sunday night of mine to get you inspired lol

PS Why didnt you fill all those holes in the engine bay...

If it looks nicer under the bonnet it makes you go faster didnt you know...

Cheers boys, yea didn't want to fill to many holes as that adds weight..hehe actually it looks like there are a few there but most of them are actually needed for bits.