Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: LB Lancer Track Car

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Good work on the weekend Casey
    Cheers John

Here is the video from the race2, the car died in the arse around the 6:50 when the turbo manifold cracks and I cannot make boost. Really need to grow some balls under brakes.

It wasn't a to bad first meet I got my OLT signed off and all I need to fix on the car is
    - Cracked Manifold
    - Rebuild front shock, no rebound on RHF
    - Stiffer front springs
    - Lower the back end

And my wanky new front air dam survived.

Last edited by RESON8; 24-02-12 at 07:41 PM.
    B&N Performance Engineering - 4Bangers & Mash Racing
    1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

What spring rates are you running in the front?

At the moment only 280lbs I will go for something firmer

Well it looks like a stock 4g with 140,000km's on the clock can only handle making 350hp for a limited about of time. The headgasket let go between a few coolant passages and cylinders on saturdays practice. Still happy that I managed a PB of 1:20.3 with a compression ration spread of 120, 95, 120, 145.
    Dropped the head off to get cleaned up this morning hoping to get it back early next week so I can get it all back together for round2 on the 2nd of June.

The engine bay looks nice and roomy with no head and bolt ons.

1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

I have an oringing tool...
    E36 M3 12.92 @ 108.64mph, N/A 3.0L

Quote Originally Posted by morerevsm3 View Post
    I have an oringing tool...
    Do people still do that I thought it was old school???
    I think a good gasket should fix this one, maybe I have got to look more into it for when I build the forged motor that will see more boost.

car looks awesome in the flesh, and goes well too, a real credit to you
    E36 M3 12.92 @ 108.64mph, N/A 3.0L

Quote Originally Posted by morerevsm3 View Post
    car looks awesome in the flesh, and goes well too, a real credit to you
    Cheers, I was impressed with the times you were getting with your car (and more so your sons time ) when you have so many restrictions power and brake wise

Opens
    studs and gasket = fixed?

Studs sorted, ended up adding a lot of free play to the exhaust by cutting the dump pipe off just after the 90deg downwards bend and welding on some convoluted stainless flexi tube that the rear exhaust section slides up into meaning the manifold doesn't cop anymore knocks from the rear section and a lot less weight on hanging off the turbo. For the studs I ended up using 80mm long high tensile grub screws with k-nuts on both ends then tack welded the nuts to studs and nuts to manifolds, no issues yet.

Head gasket replacement has made a huge improvement on the weekend the car hardly went over 80degs, and it has heaps more punch even enough to get me into the 1:18's around Mallala.

Updates with this beast?

Quote Originally Posted by P1STOL View Post
    Updates with this beast?
    Blew the head gasket again, I got feed up with a non reliable motor so decided to get a hicomp forged E85 donk built and it is currently sitting on the engine dyno wanting to be tunned.

Whilst I had the car apart I also made up a dual brake master setup, the brakes on it were pretty good but I found the adjustment of the hydraulic bias valve to be too coarse. Also had the front shocks revalved and some new rear adjustable koni's valved up to suit as the bilsteins had no where near enough rebound control.

Whilst I have been waiting for the motor to be built I have starting mucking around with my spare parts car, installing all of the good spare parts that I had laying around. It wont be anything to flash but it will roll on some spare 225 semi's and run bolt on flares so it should look tough.

Isn't it done YET!? What are you doing mate!?

Any word on the new motor? Cant wait to hear how it works out.
    Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Small update, new motor is in and I took it out for its' first race on the weekend. I have more power but only managed to even my PB of a 1:18.3 but most importantly the motor is now reliable and running cool, it sits on 85deg with tape over the grill (I love E85) I managed to finish a 2day meet with no major dramas. The car still handles like a pig and I struggle to carry decent corner speed, I have been dicking around with the suspension so much to try and compensate for the oversprung rear leafs, also made it worst by upgrading the rear shocks to try and gain more rebound but also introduced more compression.

Here are a few videos from the weekend, the first one is my best lap 1:18.3, you will notice the lack in being able to carry corner speed, it took me a while to get used to the twin master brake setup that I put in whilst the engine was out. The second video is me having a very unlucky/lucky moment on the kink along the back straight at 180km/h, very happy to be able to drive away from that one, it would appear that I had a fuel leak that made its way onto the outside rear tyre much like the poo that leaked out of my bum down my leg.

Skip to 3min mark for grass cutting

i was goin to say - holy shit that arse gets light... before i saw the last vid.

so i guess you realised
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

So, did you end up using torana flares? And any updates? Especially updates that include pics!!

Not torana flares I believe that they are rear datsun 240zg flares on both the front and back.

Sadly I haven't had the car out this year, I had it loaded on the trailer ready to go out a few weeks back but it was too wet. There is another practice day in a few weeks I will aim for that one.
    Since the above videos I have messed around with the rear leafs, they are a lot softer now which has definitely settled the car down although it was causing the diff and prop shaft to hit the under body.

I have just finished pulling some lowering block out of the back and going from a 4.44 to a 4.1 diff, it looks a little jack up but should hopefully handle better. I will take some video next time I am out.

Great build!
    I built a la 2 door with the same motor back in the late 90's wasn't as nice as yours though .
    Last edited by Streety; 08-08-15 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks for taking the time to give us an update, much appreciated! Can't wait for more video footage too! Also, what did you find to be the hardest/worst part of your build?

Cheers, Paul.

Thanks heaps for the update.

Ps just fitted a w57 to my car and fark its tight! Like the Shack and his birds first meet shit! Lol
    Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Anything to update us on mate?

Cheers, Paul.