Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New daily - SR20 powered egg

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New daily - SR20 powered egg

Just drove this back from adelaide on the weekend. Awesome bit of car for the money. Looks ghey, goes like a shower of shit!
    1992 Nissan NXR SR20DET

1992 Nissan NX-R Coupe
    Cruise Control
    Air Conditioning (borked, compressor is dead - i have a spare here to go on)
    Power windows
    ABS
    Targa roof (with interior sunshields and leather Targa bags)
    NXR side-skirts and front bar

Interior Modifications;
    *OBX Targa Sport recliners (driver and passenger) flip forward for back seat access.
    *Drivers side SPARCO 4pt Harness (still retains standard seatbelt for normal driving)
    *Genuine NISMO shift knob
    *Autometer (Cobalt) guages for Boost & Air/Fuel Ratio
    *Bolle window tint (legal%) in crystal blue colour.
    *Greddy Auto Turbo Timer
    *Greddy Profec A dual-stage electronic boost controller*
    *Viper 2-way remote paging alarm with shock/tilt/microwave sensor*

Audio/Video;
    *Clarion VRX1300BT DVD source unit w/ motorised 7" Touchscreen, 200w MOSFET, Bluetooth, USB, iPod control
    *Clarion 3-way 6x9 in back
    *Clarion 4" Components in front

External modifcations;
    *N15 Pulsar SSS 15" alloy wheels w/locknuts (look better than NXR rims and also allow fitment of wide range of high performance street and track tyres)
    *Kumho KU36 high performance street tyres (more of a hard compound semi-slick) in 205/50/15 size (about 60-70% tread left - around 5,000km on them)

Engine Modifications;
    *U12 SR20DET engine swap, Unknown km on engine, but runs perfectly, no issues with oil leaks or heat.
    *Standard U12 SR20DET ECU
    *T28 turbo (aus-spec S15 version, non-ball bearing)
    *3" turbo back mandrel bent exhaust (custom dump), with Lukey oval muffler and oval tip (deep sound, not too loud) - by Exhaust Technology.
    *Front Mount intercooler (unsure on exact size, but around (430x300x60mm)
    *K&N Pod Filter (secured)
    *Full set of solid Prothane engine mounts, imported from Gspec performance in USA.
    *Engine makes approx 170kw at the wheels on 14psi, have dyno sheets to prove 169kw and 173kw from Graham West Workshops.
    *High performance dual-row radiator (more than double the thickness of the terrible standard radiator)
    *Genuine Walbro high pressure fuel pump (500hp capacity)
    *Genuine Splitfire 8.8mm ignition leads
    *S13 ASE alloy radiator expansion tank

Suspension/Braking;
    *Lowered approx 30mm all round on King Springs (KDFL50 front, KDRL50SL rear)
    *Front & Rear Strut tower Brace
    *DBA Slotted rotors on front (Same caliper/rotor as AD22VF on NXR/GTiR)
    *Full set of braided steel brakelines (Goodridge) ADR certified/tagged.

Maintenance;
    *All coolant hoses on engine have been replaced - including turbo water lines, and the hoses underneath the intake plenum (anyone who has done this will know how important and annoying this is)
    *Water pump replaced
    *Alternator replaced
    *Radiator has been replaced
    *Steering rack bushes replaced with whiteline bushes
    *Swaybar D-Bushes replaced with whiteline bushes
    *Oil & Filter regularly replaced (every 5,000km), Oil used has been Motul 4100 Turbolight since engine swap (have tried also Motul 8100 but too thin).
    *Clutch pedal box has been replaced.

this thing was advertised for 9k initially, i got it for $5750 all up. The bloke has done it all very well - nothing dodgy about the build at all apart from the front reo bar being cut for the cooler install. The parts list is pretty impressive, and let me tell you with just 1050kg and 170fwkw it certainly moves quite well. On another note, KU36's are awesome - holy shit the lateral grip it has is immense.

I'll put some pics up tonight
    Last edited by stockymcstock; 20-07-11 at 12:14 PM.

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

www.showgroundsphysio.com.au

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Opens
    fuck thats a good buy for the money

stock 32 series gearbox?....

Hell yeah, nice little sleeper.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.

Top deal farken! That much car for that money is insane!!!!

Guessing it has the uprated G/box as well??? (hope so!)
    Hide yo' wife!!!

stock nxr box :-) the guy was a careful driver, never broke one. I'm also very careful so i'm hoping it will last. Hell of a deal as you guys say, it's shitloads of fun to drive! The chassis is suprisingly good and the tyres kick ass, very grippy. Doesn't even spin through second on 7psi, obviously on 14 it does haha
    Last edited by stockymcstock; 15-03-10 at 01:50 PM.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Wow awesome buy! How did you get him down so much, threaten violence?

lonewolf
    its been for sale for ages on pulsar forums, and definitely a bargain.
    Take it easy on 3rd gear, or start buying spare box's

looks like its running out of fuel pump or injectors on high boost and high rpm though

Wishes he was him \/\/ Sathanas's Avatar
    Holy fuckballs. I'll be around this weekend methinks for excessive beer. Didn't reply to your message because I was a drunk cunt
    Quote Originally Posted by ahabthearab View Post
    If you're in Amsterdam why the fuck are you even conscious and not in a drug fueled haze bent over with some crackhore hooker jamming a giant black didldo up your arse?

i helped a friend build one of these a couple of years ago. so simple, so much fun, and for what they are, so fucken fast!
    HR31 Coupe - RB20, Bilsteins, Cage and shit
    R31 Ti - Sun Visor, Venetian Blinds, Coilovers, Whiteline Bars, Wog Stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

nash
    That looks really clean, cool daily.

You will have to work on your wanking so as to build up the strength required in your wrists to endure all the torque steer
    1978 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta 1UZFE - Project
    2013 Opel Insignia OPC - Daily
    2011 Hyundai iLoad - Work
    2015 Skoda Octavia Scout premium 132TSI - Mrs

lol it hardly torque steers at all, i'm not sure why but it doesn't? It's awesome to drive actually. Came with a spare gearbox and shafts :-) sweet!

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

just spent a few hours removing;

harness
    parcel shelf (not secured properly so just removed it haha)
    boost and air/fuel guages
    boost controller in dash and solenoid in the engine bay
    turbo timer

and gave her a bit of a wash then dropped it down at the local dodgy corner mechanic. realised i'd split the front left CV boot so i'm getting him to replace that and then *hopefully* he will give me a RWC for it, touch wood. at the moment the car has a few possible problems;

1) too low. Fails coke can test in multiple places (mostly exhaust system)
    2) front mount cooler
    3) pod filter not enclosed
    4) KU36's on the front are borderline for tread but still legal i think
    5) SR20DET where there shouldn't be SR20DET
    6) cooler piping goes where the washer bottle used to be - i think you need a working washer bottle for a RWC???

so yeah - could be interesting. we'll see how we go...... fully expecting to have to dick around a bit to get it regoed

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Brock what are you doing? Smashed S15 Bloke's Avatar
    that is all sorts of coolness.

lol - the roadworthy guy found;

washer bottle not working (not installed - cooler piping goes through that place haha)
    rear number plate light out
    CV boot split as mentioned
    split steering rack boots

but....... guess what. the car has been in an acco at some point and the chassis rails at the front are slightly folded. The seller didn't tell me this, or didn't know - in south australia they don't have to get roadworthy certs done to change rego into another person's name, basically you just sign some paperwork and that's it, so it never had to go through this process before sale. dinged chassis rails are an instant fail for RWC, and not something i can easily fix. so yeah, i'm pretty fucked here, not sure what to do - i've emailed the seller, i don't think he had a clue about it, so i'm not holding him responsible, it's probably my fault that i didn't see it when i was under the car.

basically i have a few options. I bought karl's old maroon NXR for spare parts a few weeks ago, so i could get that registered then put all the good parts into it, that is a major PITA and involves lots of effort from me, so that's probably out of the question. another easier option is to whip over to adelaide, get my license changed to a SA license (need a perm. address there though.... could be hard) and then transfer the car into my name under SA rego.

last but not least, if anyone has a hookup for a dodgy RWC in melbourne, i'm all ears. the chassis rails are very slightly folded at the front, it's not major but it's there. and i think pretty much anybody is going to see that......

fuck.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

fuck man, that's no good.

how bad is the chassis damaged exactly, got pics?

i see rails crushed moderately on lots of vehicles, must be significant?

are the rails crushed pre or post radiator support panel? if its right at the end, and you have a spare car, just hack and swap. otherwise, take it to some dodgey panel beater and see how much it would cost to octopus' it.

or if your a dodgey cunt like me, hammer the fold lines in and bog the fuck outta it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Brock what are you doing? Smashed S15 Bloke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
    hammer the fold lines in and bog the fuck outta it.
    DO THIS. Fuck doing the SA thing.

i'll get some pics tomorrow, you guys can tell me what you think. it's not structurally significant i don't think. basically it's on the chassis rails right at the very front, sorta just behind the front wheel. they're slightly "folded" if you know what i mean. I thought it was just a bit of folding from where it had been jacked up (looks like a jacking point) but the RWC guy was pretty adamant that it was crash damage which is weird because the panels are all the same colour, same amount of paint wear and chips etc etc etc and there is no other damage anywhere..... weird?

anyway i'll get some pics for ya tomorrow and we'll see what the PF brains trust would do.

i kinda like the idea of bogging it up and painting over it but that would be very easily noticeable by a mechanic wouldn't it?

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Was gonna write nice score until your chassis rail woes.

Surely there are mechanics in vic that will do RWC for a price. In syd I've paid $400 for a blueslip just to not have to deal with the hassle.

Hope you get it sorted, you should have taken it through some mud pits before rwc.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

Surely there are mechanics in vic that will do RWC for a price. In syd I've paid $400 for a blueslip just to not have to deal with the hassle.
    if anybody knows one in melbourne, i'm all ears.

i think what i'll get them to do is fix the split CV boot and steering rack boots and give it back to me. then i'll just keep taking it elsewhere until i hit paydirt. if every place gives me greif about it, i'll rethink my cunning strategy

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

yeah, sounds like a goer, someone wont pick it up and pass it. maybe try and get a bit of mud up there.
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Probably a dude in Ballarat I know of. Might be worth a look?
    If you're in Amsterdam why the fuck are you even conscious and not in a drug fueled haze bent over with some crackhore hooker jamming a giant black didldo up your arse?

I had a dodgy one down my way. But he lost his RWC stuff. Hahahahhahah.

Will get back to your PM Neill, but got in to see McQueen next Tuesday.

Cheers

S

ballarat is ages away. maybe as a last resort. didn't you say you weren't sure if he was still there or something cam?

the mud idea is a good one, i could probably arrange that.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Fucking city cunts. Its like an hour! It would take longer to drive to Dandenong. Afaik he's still in business, if you have no luck I can suss him out

actually yeah i would be quite happy to drive an hour to get this sorted - how easy is he? it would be sweet if you could check him out for me before i go

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

pm me his details if you like dude

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

lonewolf
    doh, that sucks!
    we dont have RWC checks on change of ownership either, only when you get defected