Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: New daily - SR20 powered egg

Wishes he was him \/\/ Sathanas's Avatar
    Think it needs an oil cooler to keep the fronts down
    Quote Originally Posted by ahabthearab View Post
    If you're in Amsterdam why the fuck are you even conscious and not in a drug fueled haze bent over with some crackhore hooker jamming a giant black didldo up your arse?

lonewolf
    hub dyno ftw

Dam that will surprise a few people, apologies if this has already been asked but does it torque steer much?
    this signature intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by Sathanas View Post
    Think it needs a fat chic on the bonnet to keep the fronts down
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

torque steer is quite minimal surprisingly - my old charade with a modded 1.6 n/a used to torque steer heaps worse than this. I think the outer bits of the driveshaft beyond the CV's are equal length or something on these? I remember the driving instructor at winton being quite surprised with how docile it was when it came on boost. Gives a lot of confidence when you're driving it hard actually.

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

www.showgroundsphysio.com.au

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Did a 13.4 at 111mph in this nugget the other day

2.3 sec 60 foot LOL

only got four runs - wheelspin central off the line for the first two, then fucked up the third run and finally bogged down the fourth run trying to get it off the line without too much wheelspin.

I reckon it's got a 12 in it if I can get the bastard off the line.

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

lonewolf
    need a set of drag radials, should do a high 12 no problem with that mph i think

drag radials could spell the end for my front driveshafts though

Second option is to just keep smashing niggaz on the highway whilst rollin' in my pink egg like a boss

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

did another track day yesterday with my mate, this time at sandown. track was very wet and extraordinarily slippery for the morning session, sandown is NOT a fun track in the wet as anyone who has ever driven there will know. Took it easy and learnt the turns, then when it dried out at lunchtime we went for it. No timed laps but i was chasing a C63 AMG around for three laps and were dead even - he was much better under brakes (mine were fading badly and eventually melted the A1RM's completely again LOL) but I was slightly faster in the corners. Dead even on the straights - I was happy!

Other cars that were similar speed - there was an R35 GTR there, he had a little bit more than me in the straights (slowly pulling away) but was taking it super easy on the turns cause he was a pussy so didn't get a good indicator of turning speed. There was a few porsches which were only slightly quicker than me, all were on R-specs though which makes a huge difference to corner speed, I was on my old Ku36's. There was a modified Golf R there with 4wd and 200awkw which was a bit quicker than me, awesome car that thing!

all in all a good day, I spaced the bonnet up a bit at the back to improve my cooling problems and it was fine - didn't boil the coolant once, heaps better! frontal airflow is definately the problem I think, although sandown is much less harsh on cooling systems than winton as well which would have helped. My brakes were fading after 2 laps but they lasted much better than last time too - until following the GTR at 190km/h into a corner it wouldn't slow down at all - pedal suddenly died as the pads melted. After cleaning the shit out of my undies I made it through the corner (just) and limped it back home with a horrible grinding coming from teh front whenever applying the pedal LOL. They were royally melted, i'll take some photos when I pull them off next week.

So lessons learnt ;

- for 6k this car is fucking awesome fun and extremely quick around the track for what it is. Certainly embarrassed a few porsches in a straight line!

- the stock brakes definately don't like stopping a car with 350hp/ton repetitively from 200km/h

- the cooling system isn't as bad as I thought - but the engine bay airflow is

don't think i'll upgrade the brakes, I'll need larger wheels and tyres and it will quickly turn into a 3k job which is not great for a 6 grand car. might just have to buy a dedicated track car?

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Sounds like you had fun.

As for pads, try a set of Ferodo DS3000's or Hawk Blues. Also what ducting are you running to the rotors?

Wishes he was him \/\/ Sathanas's Avatar
    +1 ducting might give you a cheap fix for this. For moderate usage anyways, I doubt ducting will stop the heats needed to melt the pads.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahabthearab View Post
    If you're in Amsterdam why the fuck are you even conscious and not in a drug fueled haze bent over with some crackhore hooker jamming a giant black didldo up your arse?

Runs on Astron power! karl_2ltGC's Avatar
    Pretty sure you can just get N16 hubs, some fucken disc pulsar club wankers will know about and then bolt on some R33 and or GTR 4 pots to fix your brake situation. Could get that done for around a grand i reckon. The N16 bit have 100mm bolt spacings so can bolt the 4 potters right on, just need to get the right disc and ensure you get some wheels that fit over them. With that setup you will be outbraking most cunts i reckon.
    Mad Cunt
    Galant '93 6A12TT Calder 1:17.1200 14/03/15 - Sandown 1:32.0556 04/10/15 - Phillip Island 1:58.0573 20/03/2016 - Winton 1:46.5678 1/11/2015 (Natsoft)

lonewolf
    his issue is he's too stubborn to change rims!
    Have even given him the info for 280mm rotors and 2 pots that will fit under then but wont do it...

upgrade the freaking brakes!

Yep i'm just a cheap bastard at the end of the day lol - need to fund not only the brake upgrade, but four larger rims and tyres as well = spendy $$$$$$ that I don't need to spend at the moment

I came home this afternoon to find a puddle of liquid under both front tyres - strange. Brake fluid reservoir is empty. Looks like the heat has melted the seals on the calipers and it's lost its fluid slowly overnight LOL! Looks like it's on a towtruck to racebrakes next week when my new pads arrive. I ordered a new set of A1RM's from GSPEC on friday afternoon, hopefully they arrive before wednesday and I'll take the car down to the guys to get new fluid, machine the rotors and put the new pads in. still chuckling that I managed to get it 45 mins home from sandown like that hahaha. They were still working okay so it must have just been a slow leak. Now the pedal goes to the floor with no resistance LOL

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

coming to the winton fun day the week after next?

ps.. UPGRADE THE BRAKES
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

had a phone call from racebrakes yesterday - apparently I have managed to weld the piston to the back of the pads - they had to knock the pads off the pistons with a hammer hahah

They're putting some fresh rotors (non-slotted this time for street use) back on with new seals on the calipers and fresh fluid. Hopefully pick it up tomorrow morning.

So about that brake upgrade.....

I would like to think that this series of pictures speaks for itself. Yes the pistons is physically welded to the back of that pad. Yes the pad backing is somehow bent at one end. Yes the pad is completely worn down to the steel backing. Yes it has broken apart and piece of it were jammed in the caliper.

That, my friends, is how you brake like a boss.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0953.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	58163Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0952.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	58162Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0954.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	58164Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0955.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	58165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0957.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	58166

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Registered User Purple-Headed Love Truncheon's Avatar
    seems that tut has some decent competition now...

What. The. Fuck?

Rather amusing.

400hp/ton and a tiny pad/disc will do that

You 'gon take that deeuck fat910's Avatar
    Wow, so i guess its time for a brake upgrade... Don't want that happening again and again.

wow, impressive.

Impressive bullshit.

Could you run me through the numbers that give you 400hp/tonne?

Edit - done it

From earlier in the thread, near 200fwkw=270hp ish.
    15% generous transmission loss -> 320 hp at the flywheel

Kerb weight 1138kg (wikipedia)

Gives 281hp/tonne (I presume you mean metric tonnes?)

If you want 400hp/tonne you need 466hp at the flywheel

Or with that power you would need to lose 350kg approx.

HTH

Re-edit: - that's still more than my E55. Good work cunt.
    Last edited by drscrote; 01-07-12 at 08:48 AM.

I believe scrote has an extra set of calipers that wont get much use.. Maybe you could borrow them?

succcessful troll is successful!

got the new set of A1RM's bedded in last night, car stops again now :-)

Pollitically incorrect
    lol, nice one.

Fuck... mighty fine effort...

i thought he meant pressure on the caliper