Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New daily - SR20 powered egg

I assume he meant broom stick through the muff

I can't believe someone dobbed you in with a car looking like that!

Quote Originally Posted by stockymcstock View Post
    perhaps even a disco potato upgrade could be in the works. I can then use a Z32 AFM or similar to keep it all looking totally factory. hoping for 180-200 front wheel kilowatts on a safe tune. I've figured out that's how much power the car needs to be properly fun hahaha
    Disco is only good if you also do cams. Otherwise you might as well just stick with the stock turbo. Might also need new valve springs depending on which cams you pick but it may be a good idea while you're 'in there'.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlacentaJuan View Post
    is it just me or is being sexist funny again?

i reckon its the new racism. except now we dont have to be scared of getting bashed.

Jack off on his door knob.
    Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

well it made 170fwkw on standard management, just starting to lean out in the top end, so with a FPR and tweaked tune, 180fwkw isn't too unachievable, maybe even on the S15 turbo that's in there now? It's a beautifully matched turbo actually, so if i can get 180 at the fronts out of the current setup with a nistune i'll be pretty happy. if not, turbo + cams i guess!

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

www.showgroundsphysio.com.au

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

the motor is essentially the same as the S13 red tops yeah?
    with an S15 turbo and 16psi or so with usual mods to go with it, they will tend to spin up 170 - 190rwkw (dyno dependent etc), so I'd say it's very achievable considering less loss to the wheels

broom stick through the muffler is bullshit
    How do you do that to a car with the muffler mounted east/west across the back of the car.

he was just using that point to illustrate the point that there cannot be a "silencer" in the muffler, i don't think he realised it was a varex apparently the EPA now has special "rapemeintheass" rules about silencers. gotta love it!

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Isn't the whole point of a muffler for it to have silencers of some sort in it to reduce the noise? Since it's part of the muffler it should be ok?
    Last edited by bugle; 03-12-10 at 09:14 PM.
    as short as possible

Runs on Astron power! karl_2ltGC's Avatar
    This thing make me want to buy another NXR and 'fix' it. Just such a fun car to drive and perfect for the city.
    Mad Cunt
    Galant '93 6A12TT Calder 1:17.1200 14/03/15 - Sandown 1:32.0556 04/10/15 - Phillip Island 1:58.0573 20/03/2016 - Winton 1:46.5678 1/11/2015 (Natsoft)

haha yeah i'm really starting to love this car. gunna get the air con going next which will be good for summer. it's small, reasonably economical, handles brilliantly and is sweet to drive. they look ghey in stock form but if you lower them a bit and put the SSS rims on i reckon it actually looks pretty good too

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

success! exhaust guy fitted up a stock cat-back and put a flange on it post-cat, so now i have a full standard EPA-friendly 2 inch press bent exhaust (which comes in at 87db) which is flanged, so i can drop it and replace it with my full 3 inch system in under half an hour. the 2 inch system will be for street driving, and the 3 inch with the varex muffler will go on for track days. another step towards defect-proofing the car.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

air con installed and working, just in time for summer. sweet.

going to fit up my shiny new split dump pipe soon and hook it up to the existing 3 inch system.

Nistune PLMS daughterboard on the way, as is an RB20DET AFM (much bigger internally)

In the new year there might be a B15 Sentra gearbox going in that will hold 500hp and have VLSD function...... retune on 14psi and the car will be finished..... except for maybe some BC coilovers.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

nistune purchased and on its way along with RB20 AFM (perfect 2.5 inch size to suit the turbo intake).

Gunna whack these on then book it in at Dr Drift in the next few weeks to have the tune tweaked - it will be interesting to see what it makes on 9psi.

my welder is on the way from QLD too so i will hopefully be able to fit my new split dump in the coming weeks.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

lonewolf
    the b15 6spd will likely be a helical LSD (rather than viscous) or open centered

Wishes he was him \/\/ Sathanas's Avatar
    You're making me wanna update to something thats not a hunk of shit. Or maybe a hunk of shit with balls
    Quote Originally Posted by ahabthearab View Post
    If you're in Amsterdam why the fuck are you even conscious and not in a drug fueled haze bent over with some crackhore hooker jamming a giant black didldo up your arse?

egisteredU serR
    didnt go back through the thread - any chance of getting some video footage on a private road??? Must be a pretty entertaining ride with 170kw at the fronts...

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    the b15 6spd will likely be a helical LSD (rather than viscous) or open centered
    i think it's a 5 speed, it's a RS5F70V with 4.44 final drive. it's definately a VLSD as the V at the end of the name suggests. some research online shows a fair few people putting 400-450hp through them without breakage.

footage - maybe when i get it tuned haha, i've been meaning to get out to run it at calder, so once it's tuned and i'm not scared to rev it to 6500 then i'll take it out. will probably run 13's but the MPH should be good
    Last edited by stockymcstock; 04-01-11 at 06:32 PM.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

As a coincidence a friend of mine has offered me an NX with a broken motor for free providing I pick it up. Yours is pretty schmick but I'm wary that this one is flogged to death, broken box, leaky roof, has that new cat piss smell ect.

I've got two spare boxes if you need one lol

There are usually a few sr20de's available on pulsar.org for naff all. Otherwise wreck it and sell the parts!

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Damn that's nice work - I was never a fan of the styling of these things until my brother bought one - then it grew on me

They look ghey in stock form, super ghey. Lower them a shade, dark tint and SSS wheels they actually look pretty good

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

I wouldn't mind seeing some tinted covers for the lights to make them look flush with the body.

okay my 70 series box has arrived and it looks the goods, much larger casing than the 32 series, many more ribs on the casing for extra stiffness too. LSD appears in relatively good nick, it turns both sides fairly easily when spinning the driveshafts freely. i have attached some pics.

also picked up a new clutch to go in, my current one chatters on engagement and it shits me, thought i might as well change it, clutches for these little engines are so cheap. bought this:

http://www.gccorp.com.au/automotive/...roducts_id=335

it is a cushioned centre thing with multiple small plates, should stop the chattering with any luck.

My S15 injectors are being flow tested and cleaned as we speak, should be back early next week hopefully.

Gearbox install will start next weekend if i get time, this box is much heavier than the standard ones, luckily I still have an engine crane in my garage that someone accidentally left there, so i will use that to get the box up and on I think. Before I do that I need to dismantle the whole box and change the final drive gear to a lower ratio N16 item that I have.

I also need to get a passenger's side driveshaft to suit this box, and some new driveshaft seals, the tricky part with installation is actually the shifter mechanism - I got given a complete N16 shifter and stabiliser rod mechanism which needs to be adapted to the N14 tunnel. It is too long by about 3-4cm I believe, basically I'll get the box in, then measure up the two shifter rods, cut it and weld it back together with some material removed. Fingers crossed I get it right the first time!

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

good news - found out the proper gear ratios for this box are actually much better than I thought. 5th gear is 0.733 and the final drive is 4.44. This means 5th gear is slightly taller than my current box which is exactly what I wanted. First through to 4th are a fraction shorter than current setup, which is just fine as well. Now I won't have to faff around changing the final drive over and I can just whack it in with some new seals and shit. happy days. decided to remove the old box on sunday, machine flywheel next week, re-fit box wednesday morning then hopefully fix the shifter issues next weekend.

fingers crossed it all goes smoothly

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

If anyone is interested, here is a link to a PGA thread where i'm doing a write-up on this conversion http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthrea...hread-and-pics

have made good inroads into it so far, just about ready to weld up the stabiliser rod on the box for the new N16 shifter arrangement.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Busy day today with the car stuff. picked up flywheel from machinist, looks sweet. also grabbed the two new gearbox/driveshaft seals, and my new passenger's side driveshaft is here. Apparently it's from a JDM N14 GTi which had a 32 series VLSD box. It was a little tricky to track down but not too bad. S15 injectors were delivered back to me after cleaning and flow testing. It's all coming together quickly now.

Everything is ready to be bolted back in this weekend, just gotta weld up the new shifter selector rod and stabiliser rod, then it can all go back together!
    Last edited by stockymcstock; 09-03-11 at 01:50 PM.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

this is a rather serious mod.

good to see you back on the tools instead of fruitless water sports.

spent a few hours this morning on the car, finished the stabiliser rod and tacked up the shifter rod, works perfectly and feels nice to be shifting gears even sitting still! The mods to the shifter/stabiliser rods were very easy, any spastic with a welder and an angle grinder (like me) would be able to do this conversion

bolted the flywheel and clutch back on - new clutch has a lighter feel to it than the old one, I really hope it doesn't slip because I will be very pissed if I have to change it again.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

All in and running! I now have one of a very few n14/nxr's in the country running an rs5f70v gearbox! She feels nice and smooth, shifts better than my old box by miles. Going to do 500km then dump gearbox oil and change in some redline shockproof I have lying around. Pretty happy with how easily this all came together in the end!

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

This is nearly done to where i want it now.

480cc S15 injectors have been cleaned and flow tested

Nistune board sitting there ready to go in

Need to solder on the plug for the new RB20 AFM so I can swap it in when it gets tuned

I bought a couple of 3 inch stainless bits and a flex pipe and made up my downpipe using a split dump from AM performance, great looking piece of gear - pity it required so much modification to fit. Anyway I welded it all up on the weekend and installed it, easiest 20kw I've ever found I reckon. Car is heaps quicker with that on, oddly enough it affected spool time slightly negatively, but the top end is substantially better, second gear is fairly useless unless you pedal it

I'm gunna book it in with dr drift in the next few weeks and get the nistune going, hopefully 200fwkw is doable. should be pretty stupid to drive haha

www.neillsbikefit.com.au