Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New daily - SR20 powered egg

finally got off my ass and installed an S15 plumback BOV, no more hectic dose yay. seems to idle smoother too, must be metering the low air flow past the AFM more easily having the flow path so much shorter to the throttle body.

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

www.showgroundsphysio.com.au

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

No more dose? Damn, you will not fit in in Melb anymore man!!!

S

stocky - did you already have a mount for the s15 bov or did you make an adapter to make it a universal fitting and just plumb it in?
    pics?

to be honest i'm not even sure it's an S15 BOV, i googled the part numbers but didn't turn up much. it had hose fittings on both the high pressure and low pressure side, no flanges required. they were unusual sizes, one was 34mm and the other was 28mm which was a PITA to get hose for, I eventually tracked some down and made it fit. my stick welding is getting better too :-)

lag on gearchanges is noticeably better too. looks like the tune will be 3 weeks away, dr drift is fairly booked up!

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

had a good chat with Sam (Dr Drift) today and we're going to try and get the car tuned in the next few weeks. He suggested going to a Z32 AFM which he has brand new in stock as the RB20 one will come very close to maxing out and is like 20 years old anyway. happy for the change, i think it will be safer for the tune anyway.

the other problem is intercooler exposure - this car has hardly any, and sam wasn't happy tuning it with so much potential heat soak, given that we will be leaning on the engine fairly hard. we discussed some options for opening up the air flow into the front of the bumper which I will get onto over easter. aside from that potential issue, we're good to go for tunage!

also turns out the ECU I purchased is a proper nistune board which is sweet, better than a PLMS which I thought it was.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

I thought rb20 and z32 AFMs flowed the same and only the resolution was different? Also what is the difference between Nistune and PLMS? I got my Nistune board through PLMS...

Z32 and RB20 look very similar, but resolution is different (has more scope for measuring higher amounts of flow)

Not sure what the difference is between the two boards, but I told him it was a PLMS board (that's what I bought it as - description was "PLMS Livetune Daughterboard") but when he opened it up it was a nistune board - beats me. There's like a million different types of these damn things anyway but he was happy it would work just fine.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

they're the same thing, PLMS are a nistune reseller lol

edit: there are millions of remaps available, but nistune is the only one that you can live tune/edit/burn with. all the rest need to be tuned with an emulator then flashed seperately.

also yeah the Z32 and R32/33 AFMs are physically the same, but the RB one runs out of resolution long before it runs out of flow capacity.
    Last edited by lysdexia; 20-04-11 at 03:12 PM.
    HR31 Coupe - RB20, Bilsteins, Cage and shit
    R31 Ti - Sun Visor, Venetian Blinds, Coilovers, Whiteline Bars, Wog Stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

ah that clears it up a bit, thanks man. i'm glad it's a proper nistune anyway

sam also offered me a GTRS (Disco potato?) that is on his S14, good for up to 230rwkw, for a good price - I think i'll see how the S15 turbo goes before I chase more power though. it will be pretty stupid with 190-odd fwkw, it's already plenty quick enough with 140-150fwkw!

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

I assume he means 2860RS, very good turbo for mild sr20 . Real GTRS can push closer to 300rwkw I believe.
    Last edited by Tyrie; 20-04-11 at 04:01 PM.

yeah it was a .86 rear housing with 48 trim, apparently that's a great combination for a mild SR20. however upgrading turbo means upgrading injectors, and I CBF doing that right now. when the new tune starts to feel slow, I'll think about going down that route

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

You'll need cams if you want to get true potential out of a disco potato. To be honest I wouldn't bother with it. It's a good turbo but turbo + cams + injectors + tune = a lot of money for 20-30kw.

PS: The bov looks like an S15 item. I can look up the part number on mine if you really want...
    Quote Originally Posted by PlacentaJuan View Post
    is it just me or is being sexist funny again?

i reckon its the new racism. except now we dont have to be scared of getting bashed.

yeah that's what i figure seb. the car is plenty fast with 170fwkw (high boost 14psi on stock management), i figure with a tweaked tune, better exhaust and safe injectors it will be plenty of fun

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

over easter I managed to spend half a day lowering the intercooler by two inches and tweaking the piping to make it fit. MUCH more exposure of the core now, should be heaps better.

booked on the dyno for the 18th of may

found some cheap Greddy drop in cams on NS that might fit, thinking they will help make the power easier.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

easy cams 256in 264ex? jump on them! Thats what I put in mine, love them

yeah that's them, but I think I need S13 ones (I have a U12 engine which is different to the RWD SR's), he's getting back to me on whether or not they are S14 or S13 items.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

NS.com douchebags aren't answering pm's so NFI what's going on with the cams

had too much money in my bank account so i bought a new turbo. It's an S14 T28 core which has been machined out front and rear to accept disco potato GT2860RS wheels, and the wastegate port has been enlarged by 50% at MTQ as well. bolt on proposition hopefully good for 230kw at the fronts if needed. Will be putting it on after the tune is done if i get complacent with the current setup

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Wishes he was him \/\/ Sathanas's Avatar
    Sounds like you need to take me for another spin in it
    Quote Originally Posted by ahabthearab View Post
    If you're in Amsterdam why the fuck are you even conscious and not in a drug fueled haze bent over with some crackhore hooker jamming a giant black didldo up your arse?

oooh yeah

ceramic coated compressor housing

no shaft play, wheels look great

enlarged wastegate port for better flow

housings profiled and enlarged to accept 2860RS wheels

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

did you by that from Dave from Adelaide?

yep sure did, was on NS.com

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

thought i recognised it

should work good!

had this booked in for dyno time today but ended up driving Dr Drift to the hospital instead cause he hurt his eye LOLWTF

hoping for next week now

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

lol.. fucking odd turn of events.

Doctorate in optometry > doctorate in drift.

Sam is a good cunt, Loves a beer and cooking steaks at the workshop and doing skids out the front. If you get the chance to attend one of his Birthday parties.. Do it!

I've got no doubt he'll get this making good power, When's it in for a retune? Shame he was hospitalised today.
    Last edited by RMX; 18-05-11 at 07:09 PM.

looking forward to seeing what kind of power this thing pulls, did yopu get a z32 afm for it? if not i have 3 brand new bosch and one second hand jecs one in my shed?
    THE TOY:ef futura turbo now n/a for rwc purposes
    THE DAILY: EF GLI 4.0l turbo, j3 chip, lsd, fairmont interior, vortech fmu

Yeah super odd turn of events. Poor bloke only has 3% vision in one eye, and wakes up with some sort of nasty infection/bloodshot/blurry eye thing in the other side. I happened to be there at 9am for the tune, so dropped him back at the eye hospital (I was going that way anyhow). Sounds like he's OK now though, will have to reschedule the tune for another day. I'm not in a rush anyway so it's all good.

Ended up going with a brand spankers Z32 AFM, and the 480cc S15 injectors. All ready to go in, just need the dyno time!

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

booked in wednesday for another go at the tune. already no traction in 2nd gear on 10psi. should be fun on 14psi with the nistune tweaked.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Either I drive my car like a granny or it has no power because even with almost undroadworthy tyres I struggle to lose traction...!
    Quote Originally Posted by PlacentaJuan View Post
    is it just me or is being sexist funny again?

i reckon its the new racism. except now we dont have to be scared of getting bashed.