Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New daily - SR20 powered egg

when it goes bang on the dyno, can we do a ls1 swap in this?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

How much PSI do those stock S15 BOV's take? I'm about to fit one to a car but don't want to waste my time if they only take 12psi.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

Quote Originally Posted by Sebstar View Post
    Either I drive my car like a granny or it has no power because even with almost undroadworthy tyres I struggle to lose traction...!
    what car? remember this is FWD..... it farken hauls though for a wrong wheel drive car, hooks up real well for some reason. sticky front tyres at the right pressure, tight LSD box = fun

rolin7: dunno, but mine doesn't leak at 16psi. have tried it briefly to see how the car went. it went fast.

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

www.showgroundsphysio.com.au

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Good to know, thanks for the info, feel more comfortable going to the effort of fitting it now.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

i'm not entirely convinced about the theory of leaking blow of valves... but anyway

eh? they can leak pretty easily. because in a lot of them, the spring tension is quite low and the poppet valve area is larger than the diaphragm surface area. so as the pressure acting to force the spring open from underneath on the pipework increases, the force acting on the spring becomes exponentially larger at a greater rate than the force acting on the top of the diaphram does. at some point, the lines on the graph cross over and the thing will leak.

what they should do is create BOV's that have a larger diaphragm area than poppet valve area. Then they would theoretically never leak if plenum pressure = pipe pressure.

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

On the dyno as we speak!

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

In before bang?

149fwkw on 10psi so far. Going up to 14 next! Sounds great on the rollers

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Boost, boooooost!!!!!!

S

Nice work. Reminds me I need to get my car dyno'd sometime. What power were you aiming for? 180/190?
    Quote Originally Posted by PlacentaJuan View Post
    is it just me or is being sexist funny again?

i reckon its the new racism. except now we dont have to be scared of getting bashed.

lol sam's dyno reads waaaaay lower than the one it was on previously in adelaide. It made 165fwkw on 15psi, I was a bit disappointed until we took it for a drive. It's up a good 20-30kw all through the midrange, it's an absolute hoot to drive, it totally destroys second gear with ease and skates in third now too lol

previous chart was 172fwkw on 16psi, it feels like it has about 20% more power than that on a bit less boost. it's a farken animal to drive now haha

we identified a few small issues - it is a bit choked up top - sam reckons a larger intercooler core would help, as will the GT2860 I have ready to go on..... the fuel pump isn't supplying enough at high RPM either, we think it's a voltage supply issue so I'll get some thick guage wire and run a dedicated line with a relay to the pump this weekend. we also put some new plugs in it and fucked off the iridium ones for some regular copper jobs.

overall pretty happy with it - the number isn't as high as i was hoping but i think that's just sam's dyno..... it absolutely hammers compared to before!

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

nice!

why the change in plugs out of interest? iridium ones fucked?

Quote Originally Posted by stockymcstock View Post
    overall pretty happy with it - the number isn't as high as i was hoping but i think that's just sam's dyno..... it absolutely hammers compared to before!
    The number is just a number, the way it drives is the important thing!
    HR31 Coupe - RB20, Bilsteins, Cage and shit
    R31 Ti - Sun Visor, Venetian Blinds, Coilovers, Whiteline Bars, Wog Stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

the iridiums were a bit too hot, sam has tuned a million SR's and reckoned the BCPR7ES (from memory) was the best plug for street cars. I deferred to him on this and he was right - it idled better and revved more cleanly, made a bit more power later in teh rev range with the new plugs.

TBH it's fast enough right now, already it is sketchy in third gear, I think i'll drive it like this for a bit then whack on the disco and see if i can get the same power on less boost. pretty happy overall though!

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Nice one.. solid result.

There can be massive differences between dyno's anyway can't there?.

Skid vids needed
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosurfer View Post
    No the
    joke on you guys because your so fucking dumb.
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

skids in a FWD are ghey skids

this car is gay, but not ghey

just ordered some QFM A1RM pads for the front in preparation for a track day.

my new KYB shocks arrived today, also ordered a whole shitload of new bushes for both front and rear in nolathane, picked up some thick wire to juice up the fuel pump which will hopefully happen this weekend. My basic plan is to put the car up on stands, remove the control arms and get the bushes pressed in/out by a mechanic, might get them to do the ball joints on the front at the same time. i really CBF doing it myself. looks like i'll be getting around on the bike for a few days lol

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

what, no skids after little creatures?!?

Pollitically incorrect
    Quote Originally Posted by stockymcstock View Post
    ...... in preparation for a track day.
    l
    make sure you let me know when and where
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

I have a nice track a few mins from my place.

S

Pollitically incorrect
    hmmmmm.....
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

one of my patients works for john bowe driving school, he does instructing days at sandown so i'll probably go there. going to fit up the new bushes, shocks and pads first. also i think i may high-flow the cat this weekend and see if that clears up the top end a bit. it's an unknown quantity and could be choking the top end a bit.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

i should probably get some camber bolts for this too hey, might ask bursons if they can source em

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

a couple of hung for a 100 cell cat is better investment.

I may or may not have gained 20rwkw high flowing my 100 cell cat.

Quote Originally Posted by nastypaul View Post
    hmmmmm.....
    About 3kms away. With some nice twisties on the way or a more direct way.

S

Quote Originally Posted by dogsballs View Post
    a couple of hung for a 100 cell cat is better investment.
    you don't know me very well at all, do you?

sean: which track?

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

oooh yeah my shiny new KYB shocks arrived today :-) and burson's called and said all my bushes have arrived. Sweet.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

ran some thick arsed wire to the fuel pump last night, with a relay triggered by the stock signal. gotta put a fuse in-line but it works, so that's one thing off the list. after lunch today the cat comes off and gets replaced with a nice new high flow one. i'll take it out afterwards and see if it's picked up any top end.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au