Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: New daily - SR20 powered egg

fuel pump wiring in, twice the thickness of the stock wire, direct from the battery triggered by a relay energised by the existing wiring.

after operating on the cat, I took it for a spin and I think i might have found another 15-20hp in the top end. goes plenty well enough now!

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

www.showgroundsphysio.com.au

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

picked up all my bushes last week, going to hopefully do the complete rear end + shocks this weekend if i get time. anyone in melbourne got a hydraulic press I can borrow for a few days?

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Pollitically incorrect
    I got a sledge hammer, does that help?

on a serious note, if you get stuck I think they have one next door.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

camber bolts just came in teh mail :-)

I'll see how hard it is to get the new bushes in/out, i have a good vice which might do the trick - otherwise the old "jack under the car" method of pushing them in might be the go.

otherwise monday it looks like i'll be backpacking the whole lot to a mechanic to have them pressed in

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

http://www.sig.itel.net/ bought one of these in preparation for a track day, also going to pick up a knocklite warning system i think - keeping an eye on detonation and temperature are the most important things on the track

put the KYB's in the rear of the car today, heaps better! so much tighter through the corners now. gotta get the fronts in along with the new bushes in the next few weeks.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

oooh yes. Have just picked up a set of HKS step 1 cams for this baby

this weekend I hope to change every suspension bush in the thing for poly bushes using my new press, as well as the front KYB's to go in. Knocklite is in the mail too.

Once the suspension is sorted it's time for a track day! this is gunna be a hoot to drive haha. With the 2860 and the cams it should break traction nicely in third gear

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Runs on Astron power! karl_2ltGC's Avatar
    Done anything about the sump? Reckon you might have some oil surge problems with some sorted suspension and sticky tyres...
    Mad Cunt
    Galant '93 6A12TT Calder 1:17.1200 14/03/15 - Sandown 1:32.0556 04/10/15 - Phillip Island 1:58.0573 20/03/2016 - Winton 1:46.5678 1/11/2015 (Natsoft)

this is starting to get pretty silly. i like it.
    HR31 Coupe - RB20, Bilsteins, Cage and shit
    R31 Ti - Sun Visor, Venetian Blinds, Coilovers, Whiteline Bars, Wog Stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

Sensei Cobra
    Yeah, I'm a bit of a fan of this car!

the sump is an interesting problem karl, I am going to run it first with street tyres (KU36) at winton in september, hopefully there's no problems but I will be definately overfilling the sump a bit that day! It's an east-west engine so surge should be forwards/backwards in the sump as it corners, hopefully that's better for SR's rather than side to side - does anyone know anything about this? It is dead easy for me to change the sump to a baffled job if I need to, the lower crossmember that goes under the sump is very easy to remove to get at the bolts. I'd rather not find out the hard way though!

Thanks for the input lads, it sure is getting out of hand hahaha! I'll be pretty happy with it once I have to pedal third gear with proper semi's on

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Few pics from the tune, and a crappy shot of the new Z32 AFM and dry element pod filter courtesy of Dr Drift

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

photoshop, its definitely pink!
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=16758

thoughts on this sump? It looks like it will fit but I will have to have a closer look next time i'm under the car.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

i wouldn't think a rwd one would be particularly ideal in either design or fitment, i think that would also end up hanging really low in your car
    HR31 Coupe - RB20, Bilsteins, Cage and shit
    R31 Ti - Sun Visor, Venetian Blinds, Coilovers, Whiteline Bars, Wog Stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

With the way it looks from the outside, you must definitely surprise some people!

haha yes it does - had a bloke the other night in a noisy S15 trying to keep up, no chance

some sump research tells me that RWD and FWD sumps on SR's have different bolt patterns so there goes that idea. I wonder what the circuit racer guys do? might throw up a thread on PGA and see if anyone has any tips

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Well a few of the blokes on PGA who run semis and whatnot on N14/N15 racers have said don't worry about it, apparently it's not a drama for east/west SR's which is good - one less thing to buy.

It's awesome getting cool bits in the mail, my Knocklite from TurboXS arrived today, for those of you who don't know this bit of gear it's a combined shift light/knock warning system which burns your retinas either green, orange or red in case of needing to shift, mild knock or heavy knock respectively. great bit of gear and lots of guys in the US are using them now. I also picked up a brand new bosch knock sensor to go with it, rather than using the stock SR20 knock sensor which is 18 years old now.

this is the one it's nice and small but very bright. super easy to hook up too! This, combined with my engine temp monitor, should make for a bit of a safer outing on track days.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Oh look, I have a coolingmist water injection kit. Sweet.

Also a knocklite. Sweet.

Water injection kit goes on because the cooler is only 400x230 core size, which is minimal. Unfortunately it's extremely difficult to fit a larger core on the front of this car, due to the reo bar being in the way. I am currently investigating a 550x180 core which will have much greater exposure to airflow, but it's going to be an absolute bastard to package it in there. I'm thinking I'll run the WI on the track triggered at 10psi via the boost switch in the hope that if the inlet temps get too high, it will save the engine from detonation.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

spent the arvo today putting the new KYB's in the front, as well as changing the two control arm bushes that reside there. What an arse of a job, even with the press it took me an hour to get one of the bushes out, I couldn't get a good angle on the bastard. After finally cutting it out, I managed to pop the other side one out first go! The press performed beautifully, I took some pics which I'll put up later

About to take it for a test drive now, hopefully the new shocks stop the tramp issues I was having through the front wheels as they broke traction

Tomorrow I'll do all the rear bushes!

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Well the car is fully stacked with poly bushes all round. Surprisingly, all the original bushes were intact and in reasonable condition whenr emoved, nothing too bad at all which was interesting. I had a bastard of a time with a few of the bushes due to the shape of the front control arm not fitting into the press easily, but after I figured out a method of setting it up, the other side took about 1/10th the time LOL

Some pics:
    Last edited by stockymcstock; 24-07-11 at 08:06 PM.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

More:

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

And again - the front control arm finished with new bushes in.

Today I did the rears but didn't get any photos - there were !six! bushes in each side of the rear, fairly time consuming but once you've got the press set up it's pretty quick. Good way to spend $120 that thing

Took the car for a drive and very happy - you can feel a bit more of the small bumps and whatnot but the feel through the corners is heaps better, the rear in particular is a million times tighter and what I thought before was tyre sidewall flex turned out to be the bushes flopping around. heaps better! nearly ready for the track now.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

OK nearly ready for the track - full brake fluid change, QFM A1RM pads going in along with a disc machining hopefully next week. This weekend I'm changing the front wheel bearings which should be fun - the left one is making a bit of noise. Good thing I've got a 12T press :-)

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Wishes he was him \/\/ Sathanas's Avatar
    When did you get that press?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahabthearab View Post
    If you're in Amsterdam why the fuck are you even conscious and not in a drug fueled haze bent over with some crackhore hooker jamming a giant black didldo up your arse?

coupla weeks ago. very handy thing to have around the shed. It can be pulled apart in about 10 mins too, and stored in the corner without too much hassle

hows the rat going? we gotta hit the piss again soon

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Did both front wheel bearings today. Went smoothly with the press. Pull the hub assy off, set it up in the press to push the stub axle out, then press the outer of the old race out. Install new bearing by pressing in the outer race, then support the inner race and press the stub axle in with the inner braced to prevent distortion. Worked beautifully! No more play or bearing noise. Put in the QFM A1RM pads at the same time, going in Wednesday for some fresh DOT5 mogul brake fluid in preparation for the track day. Needs a wheel alignment too after all that work.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Runs on Astron power! karl_2ltGC's Avatar
    Surprised you didn't go for those offset hole bushes for the rear of the control arm for a bit more caster.

Have you had a look at all those underbody braces that they run in the state for this thing yet? I was always unimpressed with how much the front crossmember would flex whenever you put a jack under an nxr.

Either way car is looking like its really coming together, must be a fucking hoot to drive. Perfect city car.
    Mad Cunt
    Galant '93 6A12TT Calder 1:17.1200 14/03/15 - Sandown 1:32.0556 04/10/15 - Phillip Island 1:58.0573 20/03/2016 - Winton 1:46.5678 1/11/2015 (Natsoft)

awesome updates! should suprise a few people at the track.

do you really need to keep the front bar reo if it is restricting intercooler size?

Top work stocky. Its come together well
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.

yeah front reo bar is already cut halfway through to accomodate the cooler, it's only a 400 x 230 core :-( but it works fine on the street, hopefully with WI on the track the temps will be fine.

karl i didn't know they did offset rear bushes, dammit! easy enough to change again if i have to though. will look into those braces but the ones i've seen dont' clear a 3 inch dump pipe and ground clearance becomes a bit of an issue

www.neillsbikefit.com.au