Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Police chase end with Family dead and Facebook trolled

Police chase end with Family dead and Facebook trolled

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1225843381621

Shit ending but I don't think Police could of done anymore.....
    Pity the run away died
    Last edited by takai; 24-03-10 at 10:25 AM.

more power poles would have fixed this.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Cops are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They see a stolen car so naturally they go after it and try to apprehend the fuckstain driving. What are they supposed to do, just wave at him as he drives past? The stolen car driver bloke was a serial offender apparently, probably off his face on drugs and or grog too. The cops didn't tell him to run the red light, they reckon they had already called off the chase anyway but fuckstain wouldn't of know that, he would still be trying to get away.

Fucking tragic for the innocents that were just cruising along minding their own business and then next minute they are wiped out, dead.

Dunno what the solution is. If the cops don't give chase then the crims will just get more brazen and do more shit and they will know there is little chance of being caught. If the cops do chase the crims and the crims crash and kill or maim innocents then the cops are the worst in the world and it's all their fault.

I still don't understand why they can't block streets and set up roadblocks like everyone else in the world does.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Tougher hoon laws will stop this

I'm getting over this BS about the chase being "called off moments before the accident". Being 5 meters from his bumper and backing off the second you realised he was about to come unstuck is not calling off the chase moment before the accident.

They will catch the cunt either way what difference does it make if they catch him RIGHT NOW?

Personally if it was my car I'd rather they chase because chances are the car will get totalled and I'll get a new car out of it. If someone dies in the process thats ok because it was all in the process of catching the criminal that stole my car... That makes sense doesn't it?

We need to think about the victims here. If he runs there is a chance that there will be more than just someone cut his car is missing and possibly fucked.
    Last edited by worldwalker; 21-03-10 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I still don't understand why they can't block streets and set up roadblocks like everyone else in the world does.
    Not enough man power. Simple as that.
    They can that kind of shit in LA because they have a huge Police force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie256 View Post
    I hate being a nigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by myliberty View Post
    "We never get that high tech jap stuff in here, should be no problem though" lol

On Canberra Ave where the crash happened there are a number of side streets that the stolen car bloke could of driven up, unless they had dozens of cops and cars to block every one of these it couldn't be done plus driving like a maniac like fucksatin most likely was it only takes five or ten minutes to get from Queanbeyan where the chase started to Fyshwick where it ended, so not enough time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by worldwalker View Post

I'm getting over this BS about the chase being "called off moments before the accident". Being 5 meters from his bumper and backing off the second you realised he was about to come unstuck is not calling off the chase moment before the accident.
    Knowing the bit of road involved, there would have been one set of lights about a km before the accident. These are the first lights when you cross into the ACT from NSW. From the sounds of it they terminated when he went through these and would have slowed down and driven over a slight hill to where the accident took place.

I notice the family of the victims were on the telly blaming the police. A bit of a hard call when it sounds like the cops did everything they could. You can't just let crims always run, otherwise it will be a free for all.

Ultimately there is just no good from this and everybody loses.

I feel for the cops because as said they're damned if they do and damned if they dont. Everyone needs to realise that once a chase gets up to speed the cops are just spectators waiting for the crim to come unstuck.

You cant let them run.
    You cant chase for the publics sake.

I dont see what's wrong with letting them go and catching them later?
    Short of having helicopters floating around constantly I cant see that there is a safe way of following them.

Autoerotic Mummification TonyJZX's Avatar
    they should just shoot out their tyres
    Quote Originally Posted by boxxx

Deutsche Bahn Rail: Trains are a great way to get lots of people concentrated into a small area, like a camp.
    ACA/TT: Where's the line between a car enthusiast and hoon? There is none

The cops just need a chopper with a shooter with night scope and fuck off big ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugle View Post
    The non GTS's were gay

Quote Originally Posted by GTSBoy View Post
    The cops just need a chopper with a shooter with night scope and fuck off big ammo.
    Yeah, why can't they just nuke the cunt from orbit
    as short as possible

I dont see what's wrong with letting them go and catching them later?
    because the prosecution will only stand if they are caught in the act of a crime. When they catch them later, they aren't driving a stolen car. It gets thrown out of court and everyone's back to square one.

Autoerotic Mummification TonyJZX's Avatar
    don't they have those EMP rounds that destroy the electrics of the car?
    Quote Originally Posted by boxxx

Deutsche Bahn Rail: Trains are a great way to get lots of people concentrated into a small area, like a camp.
    ACA/TT: Where's the line between a car enthusiast and hoon? There is none

I propose some sort of Batman style helicopter mounted claw arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    because the prosecution will only stand if they are caught in the act of a crime. When they catch them later, they aren't driving a stolen car. It gets thrown out of court and everyone's back to square one.
    Duly noted. I'm out then, I dont know how you stop criminals and consider the public. Acceptable collatoral damage? Sure 4 people are dead, but they stopped one car thief? Hard policy to make, there will be shit either way.
    Last edited by worldwalker; 21-03-10 at 06:20 PM.

The guy had been a major car thief for years(6+), he wasn't stopping, and wasn't worried in any way for the outcome.... Wait for the aboriginal representative lawyer to jump up and down and blame the white man with the thunder sticks for this upstanding citizens death...

predator drone ftw!

expect a rise in these sort of chases by 'hoons' in their own cars trying to avoid being caught and thus having their cars impounded/crushed

Like MickMY02 and Falchoon said, the intersection is at the end of a long, straight downhill run about 1300m from a crest and about 1500m from the previous major intersection, the runner would have seen police or headlights lights for a long time and probably thought he was getting away with it... . The very reasonable expectation would have been that the offender would have turned off at the major intersection prior to where the accident was. It would have been a handful of minutes between entering the ACT and the accident happening, no time to coordinate an ACT response or for ACT coppers to pick up the trail.

The family of the deceased innocents blamed the cops because they chased the bloke, one said 'young people run away from police, that's what they do.'

Quite simply, 23yo career criminal, stolen car, didn't stop for police when told to, continued to ignore the police when pursued, went through red lights, accident happened. Criminal to blame, 100%.
    Fortitudo et Superbiam

Now with extra Jerrycurls Buck Nasty's Avatar
    Tougher hoon laws will stop this

They will catch the cunt either way what difference does it make if they catch him RIGHT NOW?

Personally if it was my car I'd rather they chase because chances are the car will get totalled and I'll get a new car out of it. If someone dies in the process thats ok because it was all in the process of catching the criminal that stole my car... That makes sense doesn't it?

We need to think about the victims here. If he runs there is a chance that there will be more than just someone cut his car is missing and possibly fucked.
    Wow, all kinds of fail in this.

So they bring in a law that doesn't allow Police to chase cars, that gives these fuckwits free rayne, they can do any speed they like and run as many red lights/stop signs as they like, so they're still doing whatever they like but now know the Police won't do anything about it. The real stupid thing about it if it comes in, is when they kill someone the public will kick up a stink that the Police weren't doing anything

And how do they know who the offender is? if they don't catch him or get the car back to get the evidence - which in most cases it's burnt to a crisp, they have no idea who it is, so they get away.

And WTF is the family of the victims doing blaming the Police? there was a dickhead behind the wheel of the car that ran into them! why not blame his family?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Purple View Post
    Wow. This guy was laughed off boost cruising and he shows up here, It's like getting beaten up by a two year old and then taking on an 800 pound gorilla.

Quote Originally Posted by T0nyGTSt View Post
    don't they have those EMP rounds that destroy the electrics of the car?
    What movie is that from?
    Quote Originally Posted by piss98
    I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by T0nyGTSt View Post
    they should just shoot out the drivers

Just chasing by itself seems a bit pointless and potentially dangerous. Cops need to be able to take more direct action in such situations, if they can't then why chase? Hope they run out of fuel or what?
    Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
    ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
    ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by 2rismo View Post
    What movie is that from?
    Unnnnngh 2fast2furious...

I ain't hungry anymore dawg!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie256 View Post
    I hate being a nigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by myliberty View Post
    "We never get that high tech jap stuff in here, should be no problem though" lol

I wonder if calling it off actually cause the accident. If they are right up his ass with the lights and sirens going, the public will hear and see what is going on. As soon as they call it off, the person fleeing is now relatively invisible to the public.
    The car was only an 626, so its not like they couldnt keep up with it or get infront of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Nasty View Post
    Wow, all kinds of fail in this.

So they bring in a law that doesn't allow Police to chase cars, that gives these fuckwits free rayne, they can do any speed they like and run as many red lights/stop signs as they like, so they're still doing whatever they like but now know the Police won't do anything about it. The real stupid thing about it if it comes in, is when they kill someone the public will kick up a stink that the Police weren't doing anything

And how do they know who the offender is? if they don't catch him or get the car back to get the evidence - which in most cases it's burnt to a crisp, they have no idea who it is, so they get away.

And WTF is the family of the victims doing blaming the Police? there was a dickhead behind the wheel of the car that ran into them! why not blame his family?
    Old news man, you're livin' in the past man!

Read post 16, I conceded that you cant not chase but how do you do it safely. Either way its going to cause a shitstorm. Maybe it is ok to accept that some people will die as a result of chases? We know that's not the case but as said the police cant stop them without that risk and in this case it probably would have resulted in the same end.

I'd love to see them use the chopper more but it costs 11ty billion dollars and from the little I understand about aus car chases, most are over in a matter of mins. CCTV at every set of lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmovik View Post
    I wonder if calling it off actually cause the accident. If they are right up his ass with the lights and sirens going, the public will hear and see what is going on. As soon as they call it off, the person fleeing is now relatively invisible to the public.
    The car was only an 626, so its not like they couldnt keep up with it or get infront of it.
    edit: You're probably right here, if the car comming towards them is not just another "wanker" in their eyes they would stop rather than risk "right of way".
    Last edited by worldwalker; 21-03-10 at 07:04 PM.

I'd love to see them use the chopper more but it costs 11ty billion dollars and from the little I understand about aus car chases, most are over in a matter of mins. CCTV at every set of lights?
    Actually... I think there is a redlight / speed camera at the previous major intersection,... in the direction they were travelling too.
    Fortitudo et Superbiam

http://maps.google.com.au/?ie=UTF8&l...40.51,,0,-3.45

Camera covering their lane and direction.... They could have covered kms between request for direction to terminate and coming to a halt.
    Last edited by TUFGMH; 21-03-10 at 07:31 PM.

Traffic light control to minimise the potential for accident?

Car thieving cunt should die in jail for theft and dangerous driving causing death at minimum. If he doesn't the Popo may as well shut there doors and go home.
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Even oysters have enemies HAMMER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JZK25 View Post
    Car thieving cunt should die in jail for theft and dangerous driving causing death at minimum. .
    He died in Hospital. Girlfriend is not far behind by all accounts.