Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Police chase end with Family dead and Facebook trolled

Quote Originally Posted by 2rismo View Post
    What movie is that from?
    Vyper ... where the Vyper turned into a super cop car.

Fuck need to find to watch, was mega cool in its day
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

we're all forgetting the real victim here. some poor sob got his car stolen and wrecked. his beautiful 626.
    Quote Originally Posted by tim510 View Post
    More rabbit less turtle!

"No new car will ever be better for the environment than an old car that already exists. Unless that old car is a left-wheel drive communist shitbox made of uranium, asbestos and luekemia", oioioioioi

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all", god
    http://www.Tutter.net

I had a mini rant in the chat thread, and to be honest it was harsh but there's questions I have about the judgement used by the NSW cops in approving the chase..

There's plenty of open road between QBN and Fyshwick/Narrabundah... Why not try to block the road - box the car in etc... OK a GD Turbo is not the fastest accelerating but they do have long legs so if it was was roll-on and hammer for the ~4-5km of mostly straight clear road from Qbn it would have been somewhere about the 200 mark. And be out of there long before more cars could get involved.

At 100-130km/hm the distance from QBN to the accident site would be covered in minutes - well under 5 - so the cops in the chase car never really had time to move their initial "chase him down" judgement to "we better pull back/let it go" as they entered the outskirts on Canberra near at a major arterial intersection 1 hour after the largest single community event in the ACT. To me that's where the Patrol commander or whoever it was that authorised the pursuit over the border let his team down.

The fact the dude did a runner, and was well known to police, makes the whole thing make more sense now - and given a bit of a provoke from the moment of coming across the cops in QBN he probably would have still killed someone/himself no matter when the chase ended, but we'll never know, and unfortuntately a number of families and individuals - including anyone who saw the occupants of the carsbecuase I woudl think there wan't much left in "one piece" - will be suffering for years to come.

A.
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Quote Originally Posted by worldwalker
    I'm getting over this BS about the chase being "called off moments before the accident". Being 5 meters from his bumper and backing off the second you realised he was about to come unstuck is not calling off the chase moment before the accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Is this what happened or only in your conspiracy-theory mind?
    Spare me. You are simply sticking up for your own, as is always the way with coppers, and ignoring the fact that miraculously all these pursuits are called off seconds before the tragic consequence.

You don't know that they AREN'T lying any more than old mate knows that they WERE lying, yet somehow your opinion is correct and he's a troll. Typical copper bullshit!

I still don't understand what the point is in chasing someone if thats all which is going to be done. If its part of a procedure that will lead to stopping the bad bloke then thats fine, go for it. I'm all for grabbing real crims and giving the police the power and equipment to do that but that does not seem to be happening.

The more you read about these sorts of pointless chases the more you realise that traffic law inforcement these days is mostly bullshit. Plenty of resources to catch make believe baddies like hoons and a few K over speeders, none where it really counts ie catching real crims.
    Last edited by 260BC; 22-03-10 at 09:38 AM.
    Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
    ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
    ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

You need a license to drive, you need a license to shoot, why the fuck don't you need a license to breed?

Seriously, the stupid cunt who ran should have been hacked out of his mother's cunt with a rusty coat-hanger before he had a chance to pollute our society (and kill those innocent people, traumatise cops, etc)

post-natal abortion...
    Quote Originally Posted by tim510 View Post
    More rabbit less turtle!

"No new car will ever be better for the environment than an old car that already exists. Unless that old car is a left-wheel drive communist shitbox made of uranium, asbestos and luekemia", oioioioioi

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all", god
    http://www.Tutter.net

Opens
    Horrible thing to happen. But does go to show that you should never assume the bloke at a traffic light intersection the other bloke will just stop.

About a month ago I saw a bloke on a motorbike try to take off at the lights the second the light when green (as in he obviously counted down from the other red to take off that quick) and have to slam on the brakes when a big fucking truck flat out ran the red light in front of him.

Now that really drove home the fact that green light or not, fucking look at what the other idiots are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    She most likely doesn't bathe, thinks basket-weaving should be in the Olympics and has a vagina that looks like Dumbledore's beard.

Fuck I'm getting tired of them blaming the police.

The stupid little cunt had stolen a car, and either sped past a cop car, or the cops had seen a car reported stolen and tried to pull him over. He then did 200kmph through a fucking red light and killed a family and himself.

Top it off with the fact that this wasn't the first time the cunt had a serious accident in a stolen car.

In what way is this fucker being a slimey little faggot the fault of the police? Are they just meant to let any cunt in a stolen or unregistered car get away because they have no way of tracking them down from the plate later? Leave the real policing to hoons with registered cars where they can show up and impound their car at 6am the next morning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    She most likely doesn't bathe, thinks basket-weaving should be in the Olympics and has a vagina that looks like Dumbledore's beard.

edit: multipost
    Last edited by Sicarius123; 22-03-10 at 10:34 AM.

Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    Can I ask a genuine question of the police that are on here (and if you can't answer this for whatever reason, fair enough) - in a chase situation such as this one, is the strategy basically to give chase in the hope that they will come to their senses and pull over (and by extension, when it becomes apparent that this won't happen and/or things are getting dangerous, to call off the chase)? I can't imagine that the police would really want to chase someone across the city at high speed for half an hour if the offender doesn't stop?

It doesn't seem from the posts here that the police have too many options for stopping a car that's being chased (given the time it takes to get someone out to deploy road spikes etc).

Also, another thought occurs to me on the question of the red light the offender ran immediately prior to the accident - this is not necessarily the one at the intersection with Hindmarsh Drive at the top of the hill near DFO. IIRC there are actually two separate sets of lights at the Canberra Ave/Monaro Hwy intersection, one on either side of the underpass? (You generally get both red or both green as you come down Canberra Ave, so it would make sense that the first red to be run was the one on the caravan park side, then the second was the one on the Narrabundah side where the crash happened).

Once again it never ceases to amaze me how much scum there is in this country. Rot in hell cunt.
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Autoerotic Mummification TonyJZX's Avatar
    to be fair if you were a dad or brother and you had two of your family members wiped out and PLUS your kid, how would you react?

blame the dead junkie car thief scumbag?
    Quote Originally Posted by boxxx

Deutsche Bahn Rail: Trains are a great way to get lots of people concentrated into a small area, like a camp.
    ACA/TT: Where's the line between a car enthusiast and hoon? There is none

say Hi to Justin Williams... the driver of the 626..

/csh Racing

Oh look, an Adidas wearing bogan.
    Sparta, Rome, The Knights of Europe, the Samurai. They worship strength, because it is strength that makes all other values possible.

Han, Enter the Dragon

and the passenger Skye Webbe

/csh Racing

Autoerotic Mummification TonyJZX's Avatar
    swede?
    Quote Originally Posted by boxxx

Deutsche Bahn Rail: Trains are a great way to get lots of people concentrated into a small area, like a camp.
    ACA/TT: Where's the line between a car enthusiast and hoon? There is none

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

Speaking to Neil Mitchell’s program today, the inconsolable mother of Skye, Ms Webb, 44, said: “It’s terrible. People have really got to get the message out there that police have got to stop this. Innocent people are dying all because of police chases. Obviously you run from the police because you don’t want to get caught."

In her comments today, she said police should have radioed other areas to set up a road block.

She blamed “young coppers” for pursuing the car, and said they were “totally” at fault, although she acknowledged “Justin may have a little bit to do with it”.

While Justin had “done wrong” by stealing a car, it was a “petty little crime”.

"He didn’t murder anyone at the time, you know. But that’s what it led him to because of the police chase.”

Ms Webb said she knew that Justin had been in trouble before.

“Justin’s not a bad kid. He’s just got a bit mixed up in the criminal world.”

She said she not contacted about her daughter’s accident by the police, and only learned about the tragedy the next morning about 1.30am.

A sobbing Ms Webb said police had failed in their duty to her.
    Last edited by BeverlyHillsCop; 22-03-10 at 12:56 PM.
    /csh Racing

When I am in Canberra next, I will shit on the cunt's grave.
    Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

SHE IS A DUMB BITCH

So the pursuit was terminated when the police saw them go through the first of the red lights on Monaro/Hindmarsh. Apparently the cops were at the top of the hill, i.e. closer to the Canberra Ave/Hindmarsh intersection.

Accident happened 2 red lights later.... what difference would it have made if it was Mugga Lane red light? None, the stupid idiots would still be blaming the cops.

To top it off the prick was in a coma 10 months ago FOR THE SAME THING.
    Chris
    ------
    I cant get no sleep...
    AE86 race car thread is finally up to date | Supposedly i have a new daily project too
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by The-Kid View Post
    The video and audio is all recorded and sent back to base/server whatever.

No state cops are trained to use a "PIT" move?
    ACT cops are. They ended a chase with an orange Monaro (old one) in the Parkes Way tunnel back in 2003 like that. Ended with the Monaro on its roof after having hit the side of the tunnel and flipped and skidded on the roof about 200m.

Traffic was backed up from Parkes Way to Tuggeranong for that one.
    Chris
    ------
    I cant get no sleep...
    AE86 race car thread is finally up to date | Supposedly i have a new daily project too
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
    WHAT THE FUCK!!!

Speaking to Neil Mitchell’s program today, the inconsolable mother of Skye, Ms Webb, 44, said: “It’s terrible. People have really got to get the message out there that police have got to stop this. Innocent people are dying all because of police chases. Obviously you run from the police because you don’t want to get caught."

In her comments today, she said police should have radioed other areas to set up a road block.

She blamed “young coppers” for pursuing the car, and said they were “totally” at fault, although she acknowledged “Justin may have a little bit to do with it”.

While Justin had “done wrong” by stealing a car, it was a “petty little crime”.

"He didn’t murder anyone at the time, you know. But that’s what it led him to because of the police chase.”

Ms Webb said she knew that Justin had been in trouble before.

“Justin’s not a bad kid. He’s just got a bit mixed up in the criminal world.”

She said she not contacted about her daughter’s accident by the police, and only learned about the tragedy the next morning about 1.30am.

A sobbing Ms Webb said police had failed in their duty to her.
    Remember Bevan.....everything is someone else's fault in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by T0nyGTSt View Post
    swede?
    Native actually...

Lets do a radio ahead.
    OK, police setup road block as they do just over crest of hill before near HARMAN lights at the ACT border to catch drunks etc.

626 comes under tunnel and sees them. Slows down and then guns it.
    Cops give chase. Radio they are in pursuit, and by now the 626 has disappeared over the hill and can be seen heading at speed and through lights at DFO intersection. Lucky no trucks.

Police radio 626 is manic and continue on at 100kph limit. They get to lights and go through (lights and sirens). As they come over crest of hill down towards accident scene 626 looks in rear view mirror. Sees flashing lights and continues to run.

BANG. hits other car and kills other people.

Now, in this 5 minutes max tell me how a police car could have been in the position to place road spikes anywhere.
    And for those people that state they should have gone around to come at them from the other direction to cut them off explain how this could have been done.

It's not like there are 000's of police cars trolling around at 2am in the morning (cause that is what speed cameras are for) There are very few police on the road, or in the station at this time.

If he hadn't run, everyone would still be here.
    So, should the police just let fly with a hail of bullets. At least there would have been no pursuit, and in some peoples minds no deaths.......

Yeah, like everyone else says, its always someone else's fault.
    Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    The other point is, where would you put the road spikes even if you had time to set some up? There are so many possible left or right turns that this guy could have taken (eg. at the DFO intersection or even onto the Monaro Highway) that it would be a lucky dip just picking the right spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_VESS View Post
    The other point is, where would you put the road spikes even if you had time to set some up? There are so many possible left or right turns that this guy could have taken (eg. at the DFO intersection or even onto the Monaro Highway) that it would be a lucky dip just picking the right spot.
    This woman thinks we are living in the US where there are enugh cop cars to close every road.

Jeebus, you'd be hard pressed to find enough cars in Canberra to block off the roads he could have taken in that short space of time.
    Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Fucking scumbag.

I feel for the relatives of the family in the Astina and also for the cops who had to be confronted with the sight, especially the baby

The royal penis is clean tremolo's Avatar
    Bullet for the mother of the girl, & with any luck she'll cark it as well.

These people are so far gone in the head & add nothing to society, just get rid of them for the greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius123 View Post
    About a month ago I saw a bloke on a motorbike try to take off at the lights the second the light when green (as in he obviously counted down from the other red to take off that quick) and have to slam on the brakes when a big fucking truck flat out ran the red light in front of him.

Now that really drove home the fact that green light or not, fucking look at what the other idiots are doing.
    Very true, I've had numerous occasions where I've had to "give way" to someone when I was the one with the green light.

One time I had a real lucky break though, I didn't look and just went on the green, next thing I knew a car slid 15 metres into the intersection with all four locked up and stopped about a metre from me, as I rode across his path on the green light. Scary shit, that got the old ticker going...