Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Police chase end with Family dead and Facebook trolled

Saving Ol Skool Mitsi's
    How are the cops supposed to "catch him later"? It's a stolen car FFS. It's not like they can do a rego check and pay him a visit the next day. If they don't chase, then anyone can steal a car and it's all good......

Nerd
    I think people also need to consider that it's not always clear cut when a "pursuit" starts.

I don't know the details in this case, but I've seen plenty where cops have followed people, lights and sirens, for a fair distants where the dumb buggers didn't even realise the copes were behind them. In many cases, so dumb/drunk/high that they continued the foolish behaviour, including speeding, that drew the cops' attention in the first place.

So I guess, from a copper's perspective, it's not always an "ok, he's nicked off and started doing 200kph, we're having a pursuit" (although it may have been in this case).
    "North ****ing Korea. Can you prove this?"
    "Mr President. We're the CIA. We can prove anything."

Knowing the stretch of road, and the idiots who frequent it, i daresay they saw the RBT/whatever and went "oh lets just outrun the coppers, because we have a rolling start and in a turdbro"
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

The acco site is just down the road from my office - drove past it at lunchtime and there's a few things about it that really hit home when you see it...

The most notable is the fact that there's virtually no skidmarks before the impact point, and the debris field is fucking huge.

The Astina was turning onto Canberra Ave (left turn) from the Monaro Exit and was hit just on the Narrabundah side of the overpass. If the driver of the Astina was driving through a green light with no other traffic in the intersection he could have virtually appeared from no-where in front of the 626 at an easy 40+km/h (it's a nice sweep down onto Canberra Ave if you like driving).

If the chase started around where the NSW coppers usually work on the outskirts of QBN then it would have been on-like-Donkey-Kong for only a few minutes - not enough time for support to arrive and help, and to be honest I feel not enough time for the cops in pursuit to do anything but chase. As most Canberrrans could appreciate if you were doing a running from the cops and they backed off as you crossed the Hindmarsh/Canberra Ave lights you'd sure as shit nail it as hard as you can on the straight to attempt to get enough distance to let you get into Narrabundah/the burbs and wait out the chase. Cutting left onto the Monaro isn't an option because it's too open and too easy for the cops to cut across the centre to impede the escape.

The pic Bevan posted makes me fairly sure I've met the 626 thief dude - if he's the same guy I'm thinking of then pretty much all the comments about him are true... Still trying to work out if the Astina Driver was someone I've come across on a forum before - the recently ACT plated, lightly tweaked Astina makes me think it could be.....
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Tragic loss of life.
    Last edited by Chase Rockwell; 22-03-10 at 07:45 PM.
    Skrrraaaarrrrrk

LOTUS EXIGE S Puke Yellow The Schapelle Guru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
    WHAT THE FUCK!!!

Speaking to Neil Mitchell’s program today, the inconsolable mother of Skye, Ms Webb, 44, said: “It’s terrible. People have really got to get the message out there that police have got to stop this. Innocent people are dying all because of police chases. Obviously you run from the police because you don’t want to get caught."

In her comments today, she said police should have radioed other areas to set up a road block.

She blamed “young coppers” for pursuing the car, and said they were “totally” at fault, although she acknowledged “Justin may have a little bit to do with it”.

While Justin had “done wrong” by stealing a car, it was a “petty little crime”.

"He didn’t murder anyone at the time, you know. But that’s what it led him to because of the police chase.”

Ms Webb said she knew that Justin had been in trouble before.

“Justin’s not a bad kid. He’s just got a bit mixed up in the criminal world.”

She said she not contacted about her daughter’s accident by the police, and only learned about the tragedy the next morning about 1.30am.

A sobbing Ms Webb said police had failed in their duty to her.
    absofuckinglutely un fucking believable some of the shit some people can come up with, on national tv as well

she's is just jealous that she couldn't find the keys to her car so she could be chased by the cops while on a suspended license and high as a kite

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_VESS View Post
    Can I ask a genuine question of the police that are on here (and if you can't answer this for whatever reason, fair enough) - in a chase situation such as this one, is the strategy basically to give chase in the hope that they will come to their senses and pull over (and by extension, when it becomes apparent that this won't happen and/or things are getting dangerous, to call off the chase)? I can't imagine that the police would really want to chase someone across the city at high speed for half an hour if the offender doesn't stop?
    this is just speculation, but if cops refused to even chase a car

then every punk thief would just go out and steal cars,thinking they weeren't going to get chased,

I remember seeing an interview of some oxygen thief who carried knives around saying "yo bro, whadda the dumb cops gonna do to me, they can't search me if I'm not doing anything wrong, so they can stick right up their ass"

so I guess they gotta chase them to some extent
    Last edited by The Schapelle Guru; 22-03-10 at 02:46 PM.

Is the PIT move the one you see on Yank Cop shows (they give the chased vehicle a hit in the rear quarter)?

If so, I can't see it being of much use as more and more cars get ESP

Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not for a moment suggesting chases should be banned. Just genuinely wondering what the protocol is.

Quote Originally Posted by rj_astra View Post
    Is the PIT move the one you see on Yank Cop shows (they give the chased vehicle a hit in the rear quarter)?

If so, I can't see it being of much use as more and more cars get ESP
    yes.

ESP wont save you when u really get the shit rammed out of you
    /csh Racing

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

Speaking to Neil Mitchell’s program today, the inconsolable mother of Skye, Ms Webb, 44, said: “It’s terrible. People have really got to get the message out there that police have got to stop this. Innocent people are dying all because of police chases. Obviously you run from the police because you don’t want to get caught."

In her comments today, she said police should have radioed other areas to set up a road block.

She blamed “young coppers” for pursuing the car, and said they were “totally” at fault, although she acknowledged “Justin may have a little bit to do with it”.

While Justin had “done wrong” by stealing a car, it was a “petty little crime”.

"He didn’t murder anyone at the time, you know. But that’s what it led him to because of the police chase.”

Ms Webb said she knew that Justin had been in trouble before.

“Justin’s not a bad kid. He’s just got a bit mixed up in the criminal world.”

She said she not contacted about her daughter’s accident by the police, and only learned about the tragedy the next morning about 1.30am.

A sobbing Ms Webb said police had failed in their duty to her.
    Typical shitskin 'notmyfault' rubbish
    Quote Originally Posted by choppo View Post
    Looking forward videos of OP doing the chicken dance in drag with bananas up the arse and other fruit around the face in gay hypnotherapist rape dungeon

fuck you guys i'm gonna go out and steal a car... it's only petty little crime... nobody cares for that shit... you cant get charged with it or sent to jail for it....

..... shit sorry, on that note, does anyone know of any cars in canberra that have hand controls that i can steal pls. I need a ride home.
    /csh Racing

ESP wont save you when u really get the shit rammed out of you
    Is that why they didn't even bother fitting it to the early MX5s?

PS: Bevan, I just pissed myself at a mental image of a bloke in a wheelchair sitting beside a Lamborghini like a beggar with a cardboard sign reading, "Want to steal this car, but need able-bodied help. Don't worry, its a trivial crime - just fuckin' relax, aye!"
    Last edited by Marv; 22-03-10 at 03:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty! View Post
    Marv is correct

www.bargegarage.com

2 parties to be blamed in my opinion is the dickhead who stole the car and the judge that didnt lock him up the last time he tried it.

Also that girls mother needs a good shin kick to the teeth

Quote Originally Posted by nismo 400 R N1 View Post
    2 parties to be blamed in my opinion is the dickhead who stole the car and the judge that didnt lock him up the last time he tried it.
    ^this
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

"we're all forgetting the real victim here. some poor sob got his car stolen and wrecked. his beautiful 626. "

That poor sob was me. Pity the low life died as I would have really like to have had a 'chat' with him but alas he piked it. Car owed me three to four times the available insurance and yet his low life girl friends parents say "not really his fault". I'd better not say any more right now!

Autoerotic Mummification TonyJZX's Avatar
    deadshits who associated with deadshits get what they deserve

i feel sorry for the old duffer who just lost a son and daughter in law and a 4 month old baby and his four grandsons who are now orphans

it's not a rational time for them and in my opinion, if they screw some dollars out of the police, i'd be the last to condemn them

i'm all for hanging criminals but this is a horrible price to pay to potentially retrieve any stolen car
    Quote Originally Posted by boxxx

Deutsche Bahn Rail: Trains are a great way to get lots of people concentrated into a small area, like a camp.
    ACA/TT: Where's the line between a car enthusiast and hoon? There is none

I think it was the thieving bastard's cousin or friend that was on the news and blaming the Police for the deaths. He said something along the lines of "if the Police hadn't been chasing him, it never would have happened. It's what young people do, they run from the Police."

What a load of utter horse shit! If his fuck stain brother/cousin/friend hadn't been a dead shit and stolen the car in the first place none of the chain reaction would have happened. People like this make my blood boil.

is delicious
    Quote Originally Posted by nismo 400 R N1 View Post

Also that girls mother needs a good shin kick to the teeth
    Agree.

The whole family needs to pull their head in... the police was doing their job and so be it. Regardless of the fact it's a cheap 626 turbo or a Bingle's Aston Martin.. at the end of the day, it's someone's possession and if you're stealing.

Also agree on the BS about if the police hasn't chased him nonsense..

If the stupid kid didn't steal the car, the police would have no need to chase him. Root cause of the problem. Kid shouldn't have stolen a car in the first place... well, actually root cause is the family shouldn't have been allowed to have offsprings.

Quote Originally Posted by sprintman View Post
    "we're all forgetting the real victim here. some poor sob got his car stolen and wrecked. his beautiful 626. "

That poor sob was me. Pity the low life died as I would have really like to have had a 'chat' with him but alas he piked it. Car owed me three to four times the available insurance and yet his low life girl friends parents say "not really his fault". I'd better not say any more right now!
    Sorry your car went missing like this dude

i agree on going to shit on the guys grave tho!!

normally, i would say its grief thats making them ssay shit like that,

but I reckon, these guys will be trying to milk the situation even after their guilt has subdued

me thinks, maybe a PR fest so they can sue the police or the council for having traffic lights, or are waiting for a ACA or TT interview for the $$$

Hope you find a replacement you're just as happy with.

Autoerotic Mummification TonyJZX's Avatar
    "why don't you blame justin?"

"everyone knows he's a nice bloke even though he's a criminal"
    Quote Originally Posted by boxxx

Deutsche Bahn Rail: Trains are a great way to get lots of people concentrated into a small area, like a camp.
    ACA/TT: Where's the line between a car enthusiast and hoon? There is none

Btw welcome to PF, sorry its just under these circumstances.

Please bear in mind we dont hold back on here, .. so feel free to rant away

Where was the car stolen from?

Twin Turbo VY SS

Re: above, well sucked in you low life, seems like you got whats coming for you,

no doubt there will be a "Justin, an innocent victim of crime" type facebook pages will appear shortly, I recommend that we all gatecrash it and tell em what we all think

shame you cant write shit on cunts walls that you arent friends with on FB .... but i found this quite ironic

Just looked at his facebook, fucking hell, even one chick on there who thought it was him and his kid killed in the other car, stupid bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    She most likely doesn't bathe, thinks basket-weaving should be in the Olympics and has a vagina that looks like Dumbledore's beard.

I'd be going to the cunts grave and smashing his headstone with a sledgehammer

How intelligent.... now his mates are blaming his "My daily Luck" fb application for saying he had 93% luck today when he is dead, how inconsiderate that the owners of Facebook dont keep an eye on the Canberra Times obituary column and stop such applications once he killed himself... Probably the same people who stopped him from having lazy days and making him have to hand his dole form in, time to fuck some shit up....
    Last edited by TUFGMH; 22-03-10 at 05:54 PM.