Page 2 of 173 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailer Towing the Einstein way....

Quote Originally Posted by sketchypiMp View Post

I stopped using tow trucks because everytime I do the useless cunts either damage my car or want stupid amounts of money for ridiculously small distances. Its metric shitloads cheaper to hire or borrow a car trailer and do it myself.
    Everytime I used a tow truck to move my race car they bend up all of the tow hooks, who ties a race car down on tow hooks? Never again.

He knew the Jockey Wheel was on the Road, or else the 'Coons arse end would have been dragging on the ground!!
    Not necessarily, everything about the setup suggests this was the first time they had towed a car trailer. If I were doing something for the firat time and some member of the public went to the effort of flagging me down to tell me I was doing it wrong, then I'd listen.

I think someone choosing to take photos of an obviously impending accident rather than taking simple measures to try to prevent it is, (as has been suggested) a cunt.

Death is for pussies... 6000SUX's Avatar
    So did the driver lose control when the jockey wheel finally failed and the weight of the trailer unloaded his front wheels?

I doubt the jockey wheel was the cause but if anything it would have caused the tail of the falcon to get light and slide out due to a road undulation, corner and wet weather.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Yeah, I'm not fond of using towies, but I make sure I'm happy with the way the fuckers tie it down after a couple of incidents - dopey fuck didn't tie down the back of the XY going Kiparing to Hawthorne, arrived at hawthorne with the back tyre almost off the side of the deck. Broken spoilers and suspension damage from hooking onto suspension arms that aren't designed for a bending load in the middle of the arm seal have been other awesome outcomes too.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

why didnt he use the Toyota to tow tha Falcoon

Pollitically incorrect
    had my old galant fall of the back of a tow truck as they were impounding it.

made me about $600.

sloppy towies FTW.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

I've used local tilt tray tow truck drivers over the years and most have been good. Cost me $70 to recover the land rover when the timing belt broke. Prob a 25k trip.

Nothing wrong with using a car trailer when done right. There is nothing in these photos that was done right.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Tilt tray guys I have used have mostly been pretty good. One guy however carried on about what a shitbox the Crown was, then crapped on about the lack of tow points and then finally suggested the best way was to tow it behind the flat tray and in gear (manual gearbox) .

At that point he was TTFO in no uncertain terms.
    Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Hey Towie dose your mates name happen to be Jamie and work for fenwicks?
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Love all the advice about what other people should have done, particularly the towie. My experience is that people who do multiple and obviously stupid things like this are ignorant and can't be told anything anyway, plus are liable to abuse you or more for trying to help.
    Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
    ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
    ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

A few years a go I was following a landcruiser down a sealed road about 25km from town. LC was squirming and slewing around on the road and I could see the right rear tyre was half flat. pulled out and up beside waving the the (now could see) female driver with 4 kids. she waved back - oh hai - keeps on driving.
    So I get in front hazards on and slow right down to get her to stop. get out tell her, show her tyre, really in bad shape distorted & heat damaged sidewall but not yet down on rim.
    I offer to change wheel for her so kids don't die in a fire. She says yeah I know but it's only 20km to town now & kids are late for school - she'll just get tyre shop to fix it after kids at school...

So basically people that stoopid carnt be helped and deserve to be culled.
    PerformanceForums
    Now bringing you more
    iFagging
    Lycra wearing
    Watch wanking
    Cricket playing
    Ignorance airing
    Feelings sharing
    Porsche licking
    Boostloserness

Quote Originally Posted by 260DET View Post
    Love all the advice about what other people should have done, particularly the towie. My experience is that people who do multiple and obviously stupid things like this are ignorant and can't be told anything anyway, plus are liable to abuse you or more for trying to help.
    Hows that 4L60e working out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by VE Safari View Post
    My wife once towed about 2000kg of topsoil in a 1300cc Mazda 121 from Penrith to Castle Hill, with the jockey wheel down. I kind of lol'd when she came home, until I realised how lucky she was to get away with that. Then we had crazy monkey sex so it was all ok.
    Who the fuck loads a trailer with 2000kg of dirt being towed by 121 driven by a chick?

Fuck man... After Crazy monkey sex, I would have gone and smacked the cunt for trying to kill my missus!

If I was attempting an epic fail of towing like this, I'd rather a "good samaratin" towie tell me shit was going wrong rather than turn the whole lot upside down and kill myself and/or my family. Your towie mate is a fuckwit if he is a "professional" and simply took pics rather than tell the guy what he was doing was horrendously dangerous. I'm guessing the 30 dollar tow was because he felt guillty for not saying something in the first place.

I stopped using tow trucks because everytime I do the useless cunts either damage my car or want stupid amounts of money for ridiculously small distances. Its metric shitloads cheaper to hire or borrow a car trailer and do it myself.
    Good on ya mate... I'll pass on your phone number to him in case he needs any cashy plumbing done...

Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    I think you will find the Falcoon Driver would have ignored him anyway...

He knew the Jockey Wheel was on the Road, or else the 'Coons arse end would have been dragging on the ground!!

He would have listened to no-body!
    This ^^

Quote Originally Posted by 260DET View Post
    This again ^^^

I spoke to the towie that everyone seems to know so much about his ethics & the story goes:

He was at the servo where they were loading it up... He walked over and told them it's too heavy for the car being used... They asked how much to tow it... He told them $80...

They said, "Well it's on now & we'll just take it easy"...

He said they shouldn't...

They said "She'll be right mate" & pretty much ignored the rest of what he was saying about the tie down methods...

He then rang the cops...

Cops told him to mind his own business... (In other words)...

He finished filling up his truck & caught up with them - took the photos...

Little while later the prang happens...

When he gets there, the guy driving the car say's "Wish we took you up on your offer"...

^^ Ok that makes it even funnier now!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Quote Originally Posted by oxy View Post
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

What cock heads!

Natural selection missed these fools.

speed cameras would have prevented this
    3 broken mitsubishi's (fuck im stupid)
    camry (daily)
    200 series cruiser (wifeys)

The Towie did everything he Could..... And they still ignored him!! They Deserved it....

Hope the Towie then Charged them $500 to tow the 'Coon, Trailer and the Cruiser to where they were going!!
    1969 Datsun 1000 Sedan
    1989 1.6l Daihatsu Charade

Life For me Has it's UP'S and DOWN'S........ I fix ELEVATORS

Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    The Towie did everything he Could..... And they still ignored him!! They Deserved it....

Hope the Towie then Charged them $500 to tow the 'Coon, Trailer and the Cruiser to where they were going!!
    Accident Towing by Authorised Companies in NSW is (After Hours) $298.32 per tow...
    Last edited by towie; 13-10-10 at 11:06 AM.

Fucking LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by uncle View Post
    Hows that 4L60e working out for you.
    Also fucking LOL

fuck that's uber hilarious now

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
    2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Ok that makes it even funnier now!!!
    So, now he *did* try to do the right thing. Fair enough then.

I retract my previous statement. Your mate did the right thing all the way. Probably should have added that bit in the OP.

I still reckon most tow truck drivers are morons though. Your mate seems to be the exception to the rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Quote Originally Posted by towie View Post
    Accident Towing by Authorised Companies in NSW is (After Hours) $298.32 per tow...

its funny how many people complain about that rate and get on the "rip off cunts" boat

they dont seem to understand that hands are tied and rates are set by the TTA
    List of cars goes here

I still reckon most tow truck drivers are morons though. Your mate seems to be the exception to the rule.

Subtle, I like it!

Even better now.....fucking love it

The slow mules in the heard need to be culled
    'Lifes pretty straight without twisties'

How come nobody flinched at the story changing all of a sudden?

Actually I heard that he made the guy sign a thing saying he was towing dangerously and the towie got a jp to witness it and then he radioed ahead to warn everybody and put out an apb and rang the rta and also informed the next of kin BUT THE GUY STILL WOULDN'T LISTEN!!1

I just took it a bullshit Muz I didn't think it needed to be said.
    Last edited by Mike Lowrrryyy; 13-10-10 at 12:22 PM.