Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Cordless Rattleguns ... current hotness

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141108_103450.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	78851
    Picked up today $699 with a 10pack of impact sockets.

4.0ah pfftt!

That is a cracker.
    Retard Honour Wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Rob Sloth Young did i ask for your opinion? no. i only want it for a paddock bomb. go play with traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    you stupid fucken imbicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    your are a fucken idiot of the highest level.

I did end up buying an AEG one.

$507 all up at the local Bunnings, skin, two 4Ah batteries and charger.

It's taken two weeks of solid abuse to run the first battery down. Pretty stoked with that, compared to my old one. You'd pull a set of wheels off, and put them back on again, and it'd be flat.

Yeah we got one of the big banger aeg's when we were finishing off a waterslide in SA. They managed to strip an m16 316 nut and bolt! Insane.
    Retard Honour Wall.
    Rob Sloth Young did i ask for your opinion? no. i only want it for a paddock bomb. go play with traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Evo 7 View Post
    I did end up buying an AEG one.

$507 all up at the local Bunnings, skin, two 4Ah batteries and charger.

It's taken two weeks of solid abuse to run the first battery down. Pretty stoked with that, compared to my old one. You'd pull a set of wheels off, and put them back on again, and it'd be flat.
    you have the bss 18c 12z?
    How has it been so far?

edit: went and had a look at one at lunchtime, very nice impact gun. Bunnings also have them for $388 with charger and 1 4ah battery.
    Last edited by sssgtr; 11-11-14 at 11:45 AM.

We use Hitachi stuff at work for out in the sticks repairs.

There is no substitute for air tools if you have the pressure though. Our 3/4" "Bulldog" just chews everything off.

I just got one of these recently for home with a hammer drill too.

http://www.bosch-pt.com.au/au/en/pro...x-18-v-ec.html

Impact driver and baby rattlegun in one. Bit gutless, but still does the nuts on my cars.
    Mook

Quote Originally Posted by sssgtr View Post
    you have the bss 18c 12z?
    How has it been so far?

edit: went and had a look at one at lunchtime, very nice impact gun. Bunnings also have them for $388 with charger and 1 4ah battery.
    Sounds familiar.

Yeah, couldn't be happier with it. Even though it's a massive leap over what I had previously, I doubt I'd need anything more than what it offers.

I really like the weight of it in the hand too, as well as the balance (feel).

Banned
    All my best tools electric and air have been sent back because.... shit and come back how they should be. The best out of the box guns I have seen are the snap-on ones but like I said I sent back a rebaged Milwaukee and had it upgraded for free under warranty it now only just out dose the snap-on.

One of my snap-on air guns had to be sent back twice before it was actually what it should be FWIW.

Also FWIW I have used CP and IR air tools and they are better than snap-on but the cordless rattle guns snap-on sell just do what they are meant to what more could you ask for.
    Last edited by Rdyno; 11-11-14 at 07:29 PM.

Is the general consensus to stick with air if you've got the facilities? My air rattle has died, have been looking at electric rattle guns but haven't heard amazing stories..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by peterz View Post
    Is the general consensus to stick with air if you've got the facilities? My air rattle has died, have been looking at electric rattle guns but haven't heard amazing stories..
    It's better to have an air gun if you work in a work shop an electric gun is a luxury imho but if your work supplies a 3/4 gun then go electric because anything it can't undo the 3/4 will. I use a mix of air tools and electric depending on what is tighter or easier to use an electric tool on.

Pretty much I have a 1/2 air and battery gun in my trolley along with air and battery 3/8 drive gun's and a 3/8 air ratchet (I don't have my battery ratchet yet) all with differing sockets used IE: a mix of single hex impact/standard and dual hex.
    Last edited by Rdyno; 11-11-14 at 07:38 PM.

i bought a ramset battery rattle gun bloody months ago and while it gets infrequent use I havent even had to charge it yet.
    only complaint is it isn't variable.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Put my hand up to be raped for a Snap On one...waits for the flaming...granted its more expensive than some of the cars in my possession, but I cant fault it, or the torque it supplies
    @ $100 a fortnight I hardly noticed it gone

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratwagon View Post
    Put my hand up to be raped for a Snap On one...waits for the flaming...granted its more expensive than some of the cars in my possession, but I cant fault it, or the torque it supplies
    @ $100 a fortnight I hardly noticed it gone
    I don't own one but I was trying to justify my Milwaukee gun to the guys at work when it got owned by snap-on ni-cad rattle guns lol. It's embarrassing talking up all the new tech and getting owned buy a ni-cad powered dinosaur. I have seen some ni-cad snap-on tools with more work on them than a 90 year old African water carrier.
    Last edited by Rdyno; 11-11-14 at 07:46 PM.

I've never worked in a shop where anyone had used a cordless rattle gun.

Although there's a lot to be said for efficiency. I reckon it'd be quicker to whip out the cordless gun, than to fight the tech next to you for the air line, reel it out, wait for the compressor to re-fill, use it, and roll the air line back up.

Banned

Although there's a lot to be said for efficiency. I reckon it'd be quicker to whip out the cordless gun, than to fight the tech next to you for the air line, reel it out, wait for the compressor to re-fill, use it, and roll the air line back up.
    Oh yea boy cordless is so much faster, but it has limitations compared to air.

i use my cordless for pretty much everything, i havent even got the right fitting on my air one since i moved shops 12 months ago.
    never used the air one at the old shop because the compressor was shit/rusty/no water trap

3/8th cordless is very usefull too

Quote Originally Posted by peterz View Post
    Definitely. The 1/2" IR impact gun I bought from the US a few years back is fucking awesome.

Yeah I figured that the electric could be handy in some instances, potentially a bit easier to get into some places. Might avoid electric and start looking into what's hot with air. Cheers guys

Only reason I am looking at a cordless one is part of the tool kit to take to the track.

Was helping a mate put up a patio on the weekend, and his brother has one of these. I nick named it 'Big Bertha'.

Its massive and heavy as hell, also weird because it doesn't have a clutch, and has a rocker switch for forward/reverse as opposed to the usual selector and is slower (RPM) than most. It's got mammoth torque though. Quite impressive.

Trying to decide between Milwaukee for ~$400 off ebay, AEG for ~$400 from Bunnings (sssgtr) , or cheap out a little and get the Ryobi from Bunnings because they have a million attachments I might want - air compressor, angle grinder etc.

Milwaukee seems to have a better reputation and 5 year warranty. 284Nm.
    AEG has 6 year warranty, and I can just walk back into Bunnings and throw it at someone if it breaks, plus best torque rating. 360Nm.
    Ryobi is cheaper, and has more skins I would use, only 2 year warranty though. 264Nm. Could just buy a 12v compressor for under $100 though.

Thoughts?

Leaning towards the AEG because it should be better than the Ryobi for not much more.
    Last edited by oioioioioi; 12-11-14 at 09:38 AM.

Looking at these also - thinking the AEG and if I read it right - $199 for skin, $129 for battery and think it was $99 for charger? (or thereabouts)
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Yup - 4ah battery and charger was 189 all up apparently. The AEG gun felt real nice.

I am biased, but AEG shit is good. The Bunnings factor is nice too, I had the turbo head on my Gerni not working properly, took it back with the receipt and everything, the guy just goes out the back, grabs a box full of turbo heads and gives me one and says "there you, see you later". Bunnings are everywhere, have heaps of stock and their staff don't give a shit as long as you've got a receipt. The guy in the toolshop at Bunnings commented that the AEG warranty is really good too - I assume he meant it's really easy for them to give you new shit if it breaks, as opposed to some companies that make you send the item to the manufacturer for them to inspect and 'repair or replace' at their discretion.

No fuss warranty stuff is the bomb. Plus registering for the AEG extended warranty online is really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by oioioioioi View Post
    Trying to decide between Milwaukee for ~$400 off ebay, AEG for ~$400 from Bunnings (sssgtr) , or cheap out a little and get the Ryobi from Bunnings because they have a million attachments I might want - air compressor, angle grinder etc.

Milwaukee seems to have a better reputation and 5 year warranty. 284Nm.
    AEG has 6 year warranty, and I can just walk back into Bunnings and throw it at someone if it breaks, plus best torque rating. 360Nm.
    Ryobi is cheaper, and has more skins I would use, only 2 year warranty though. 264Nm. Could just buy a 12v compressor for under $100 though.

Thoughts?

Leaning towards the AEG because it should be better than the Ryobi for not much more.
    Which Milwaukee are you looking at? Mine's 900Nm...

Quote Originally Posted by oioioioioi View Post
    Thoughts?
    Ive got a Ryobi one and I rate it, does wheel nuts on all my cars, all the suspension bolts I've used it on and a few weeks ago it cracked the two rear hub nuts on a Cressida I was parting out;
    I use it daily at work mainly for removing belly plate bolts on excavators, if I happen to drop it in a pool of mud/filth/oil I wash it out with brake cleaner and give no fucks.

Cant justify a $1000 cordless gun when I know it will be fucked from unwarrantable issues within 18 months.
    Last edited by dnegative; 12-11-14 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

That's the 230Nm aeg one for a couple hundred bucks. The 450Nm one is $250 skin only I think.
    Retard Honour Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    That's the 230Nm aeg one for a couple hundred bucks. The 450Nm one is $250 skin only I think.
    I thought AEG only did one impact wrench (1/2" drive) which is like 320Nm. Or are you talking about the impact drivers with the 1/4" hex bit, they've got 12v and 18v and a brushless model which is more powerful, but not even 200Nm from memory.

We have one of each. I'll get the model when I can. The cheaper one would be the same internals as the impact driver. Most brands are the same.
    Retard Honour Wall.