Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 13s for $1300

Now with more ebay parts. 2JZR31's Avatar

13s for $1300

UPDATE. 13s for $1300 in 13 weeks. Start date Jan one. This has taken off. Plenty of cars in the build already on PF. What other forum would actually be able to do something like this? Not many but please prove me wrong. I hope this get linked to other forums and more people give it a go.

10 sec for 10K has been done to death. 13s for $1300 is in. Check out the cars in the 13s for $1300 section

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...splay.php?f=69

Challenge is still called 13 for 13. This isn't a hardline Nazi competition in respect to rules. Its basically just to see if you can make a 13 sec street car for as close to $1300 as possible. Its not about trying to disqualify someone for spending $1320 on their fully built street car while arguing that you should win because your mostly bought 13 sec car came in under $1300 from a BC classified and vice versa.

Rules Draft 4.

Just fucking do it. There is no prise so as to keep rule Nazism to a minimum. The more cars the better. Its a hard challenge. Read the thread for the general consensus on what gains more or less "cred". Basically if you build a quick car by any means you will shit on anyone who has done nothing.

Not sure on judging. PF Lynch mob and polling rather than any one person? I probably wont be able to compete anyway.

Would be funny to chop 99% of cars on the road with a $1300 shit heap.

Entrants so far

1 x Cressida
    1 x Valiant
    1 x Volvo
    1 x EA
    1 x VN
    1 x VS
    1 x Crown
    1 x 318
    1 x Handi
    1 x VK
    1 x 929
    1 x VN outanowhere
    1 x Cortina
    1 x slotcar with dog turd conversion from Shitcunt 4

Lookin good!!!
    Last edited by 2JZR31; 07-01-11 at 07:30 PM.
    10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

I'm in. Bit of a me/ALLMTR/Uncle (Steamboat Jimmy lol) project for early next year and whoever else wants to get involved.

Picked up a VN for near free (swapped a ute I was about to take for scrap) and have stripped it out. It's getting NOS though. So far it owes me $35 for a fan belt and $200 for the nitrous gear sans bottle.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Yeah the N2O falcodoore would prob be the first thing that comes to mind. However I was aiming for genuine 13 sec street performance everyday as the challenge. This should be a fair bit harder. Not that a 13 sec N20 would beast would not also be awesome. The result should not be described as "exploding".
    Last edited by 2JZR31; 24-12-10 at 05:29 PM.
    10.83 @ 125

Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Assuming no motorbikes.... that would need to be something capable of running low 15s - high 14s stock + weight removed. Would need to be a manual to get around shitty 60's with stock auto gear.

Something around $500
    R31 skyline
    eb-el falcon
    vn-vs commonwhore
    leaving $1000 for various bits and pieces to make an attempt.

I'd be in for a challenge if others were, n20 free to make it interesting
    2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
    SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
    1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
    -------------------------
    http://www.oke020.com

7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

A manual R31 will run 15.9 stock (besides cat back) full weight as one of mine did. Mid 15s with extractors etc so prob low 15s fully stripped. Find VLT mani, turbo injectors and use darkhalf memcal?

A manual R31 might be hard to find cheap?

How much does the VLT shit go for?

I only suggest this as a falcodoore has no OEM parts ready to bolt on for cheap. However if we are willing to make manifolds etc I think an EL or something would work. The EL has a dissy do we can manually retard the timing. Fit ebay fuel reg, used shit exhaust parts for exhaust and FMIC, old shitty used ebay FMIC etc. An stock EL manual will run what mid 15s (auto low 16s)? So we only need to take 1.5 sec off for a manual. Or 2 off for a auto. The auto will almost be free to buy, a manual will cost a bit more.
    Last edited by 2JZR31; 24-12-10 at 05:32 PM.
    10.83 @ 125

Could probably do it with a Gemini with a Rodeo 2.3 or 2.6 litre motor & turbo, only weigh just over 900kg with a full body, should be light minus all the rusted floorpans and a-pillars
    as short as possible

Damn you dennis, now i will be thinking about how to achieve this all night!

I have had a new idea just now, 2.6 astron stigma manual. You'd have to get one for 2/10ths of fuck all. Knock up some dodgy arse J pipe manifold, swap meet 12a turbo, wack an SU on the front of the turbo, pre load the vacume advance so that it retards a little with positive pressure. Diff should hold up ok, i think its far less painfull to be seen in than an eb falcon or vn commodore etc

this is an awesome challenge

I think something 4G63T based would do it easily.

I've seen some really cheap VR4's lately, sub 2k and also lots of conversions with 4G63T's.

anything with a EVO 1-3 spec engine will make more than enough power for a 13s 1/4m

300 buck pintara and a 400 buck nitrous kit, couple of hundred bucks to make it work

no bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Yoda
    I <3 Hamster

I've got a VR and nos kit that would be perfect for this if I can get some motorvation to do it.

The Gemini that won the street class at jambo this year was such a car (13bt picked up as non runner)

Does the car have to be registered? What about one of the motorless e30's available with a n20 spec twin cam n/a barra (ba falcon) donk? Legal, cheap, won't handle worth a shit but will skid like a mother fucker.

EDIT: rb30 ghetto spec would probably fit the bill too.
    Last edited by Sketchy; 24-12-10 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

$1300?

Non turbo BA/BF motor in an EA should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by OKE020 View Post
    $1300?
    Quite possible. $500 e30, $3-400 barra motor, maybe $600with box but Probably less for an ex taxi setup, few hundred left over for scrap steel for mounts and ghetto exhaust/ radiator pipes etc. Guess it all depends what the 1300 covers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmovik View Post
    Non turbo BA/BF motor in an EA should do it.
    Will it bolt to a manual gearbox of an older ford?
    10.83 @ 125

A cheap series 3 bluebird eg

http://forums.performanceforums.com/...php?t=67257597

would be a good start as the SR20 just about bolts in ask playa for more info, wait till you find a cheap SR20DET, perhaps boost or damaged cars auction for a written off S13
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

furious masturbater SausageFingers's Avatar
    Early girl commodore VB/VC/VH V8 + Nos ??
    I attended the PF vs Powerchip thread 2010 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Came for the drinks, but stayed for the gangbang.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchypiMp View Post
    Quite possible. $500 e30, $3-400 barra motor, maybe $600with box but Probably less for an ex taxi setup, few hundred left over for scrap steel for mounts and ghetto exhaust/ radiator pipes etc. Guess it all depends what the 1300 covers.
    But if you just stuck the N20 on a $200 VN or EL it would do 13s for less money and a massive amount less fucking around. Yeah it wont be as cool but it will come in under $1300. IMO total drivetrain swaps like this are out from the beginning since the drive shaft will be around $300.
    10.83 @ 125

I dont think an engine converted car is possible within the budget. You forgot tailshaft too, and money for the n20 bits and bobs to get it into the 13s. Dennis wants every day power to run 13s, n20 is not every day , well it can be but it shouldn't

early commo with a ford 4.0L and NOS would probably be better and more likely be cheaper than a V8 commo
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

every day 13's for $1300?
    7MGTE MA70 supra. lighten the interior and up the boost and it'll run 13's all day every day, and I've seen a few of them for this sort of money.

or 7MGTE into a crown/cressida. can do it with stock toyo parts bin shit and 7M's are almost throwaways these days.

Quote Originally Posted by tripper View Post
    A cheap series 3 bluebird eg

http://forums.performanceforums.com/...php?t=67257597

would be a good start as the SR20 just about bolts in ask playa for more info, wait till you find a cheap SR20DET, perhaps boost or damaged cars auction for a written off S13
    That is what gave me the idea in the first place. I started this thread after posting about 13 or 13 in that very thread.
    10.83 @ 125

i dont think itl be possible to an engine swap, but definately could turbo something. cut and shut manifold, ghetto exhaust, safc2, extra injectors fuel pump, you could get an ea falcon into 13s pretty easy id say

Quote Originally Posted by OKE020 View Post
    I dont think an engine converted car is possible within the budget. You forgot tailshaft too, and money for the n20 bits and bobs to get it into the 13s. Dennis wants every day power to run 13s, n20 is not every day , well it can be but it shouldn't
    haha posted at the same time as I said the same thing. This isn't so much as a car for me really. Just a brain storming exercise and maybe PF piss up car. But if it could be done, and the car not look and drive like a shit heap I would build it for myself. However if I done it to drive it, common sense would have me spending a bit more here and there, like getting a mint $1000 shell instead of fucked but 13 capable $100 shell etc.
    10.83 @ 125

Quote Originally Posted by RNS-11Z View Post
    i dont think itl be possible to an engine swap, but definately could turbo something. cut and shut manifold, ghetto exhaust, safc2, extra injectors fuel pump, you could get an ea falcon into 13s pretty easy id say
    IMO an engine swap is possible if it really is just an engine swap. Like the CA18 into said bluebird. Full powertrain swaps are out, unless they are full bolt in or close to. The bluebird is mint and would sorta be cool, but I am not sure how much a CA costs or if it will even have the grunt for 13s without too much money. EG stock turbo stock ECU.
    Last edited by 2JZR31; 24-12-10 at 07:11 PM.
    10.83 @ 125

ye but not every one has the skill to do it, i meant it in that sense. some of us can with ease but some people will struggle. either way 13s for $1300 is hard to do

Quote Originally Posted by 2JZR31 View Post
    Will it bolt to a manual gearbox of an older ford?
    Pretty sure it will, just need the eariler bellhousing. You can also use the original tailshaft.

Quote Originally Posted by RNS-11Z View Post
    ye but not every one has the skill to do it, i meant it in that sense. some of us can with ease but some people will struggle. either way 13s for $1300 is hard to do
    That is why this is about skill VS money.
    Last edited by 2JZR31; 24-12-10 at 07:12 PM.
    10.83 @ 125