Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Elektra the Valiant - 13's for $1300 project

Quote Originally Posted by VE Safari View Post
    VE sedan Cam.

Pics of Safaris not loading!

the VF is a piece of shit and cbf taking photos of it. the VE isnt too bad actually. thinking of keeping it and rat rodding it (if i ever start and finish current projects)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Looks fine mate. It's original colour is the same as mine. Front brightwork seems excellent - score!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billzilla View Post
    Remember - Ignorance in the true sense of the word does not equal stupidity.
    Wilful ignorance does though.

so as you can tell, nothing much has happened with this.

have most of the rear brake parts, just have to get the handbrake cables off the old diff, then assemble that and fill diff with oil.

got the CM front end out of the old wreck i have, but it needs discs and bushes. so rather than spend $600+ i thought i could try fitting VH- front drums to the existing brakes. then i realised they are non existant. might just leave the early stud pattern on the front and put hubcaps over it and see if the club inspector notices.

bought a KKR660 for it. guy is getting postage for me on monday.

will get a turbo flange gasket off a mate this week some time, then i can start making my own J pipe setup at work.

oh and JMAC is coming over to drop off the convertor tomorrow
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Did you end up selling the VE wagon?

I was almost going to make an offer on it at COTM, but knew my nopics would kill me if I did.

So ya got a huge turbo now so, e85 or gas and 1/4's time? 700hp turbos dont spool in ya back room. i/we want to she an old beast mumbo.

man, im so ashamed ive done fuck all to this in a year and a half!

anyways, i havent done nothing at all..

got the diff mounted, its not great though, had to pull the leafs out to get it to line up with the spring pads. so now all that pressure has squished the bushes. not sure how thats going to work. will suck it and see.

also got some wheel cyls for the back brakes and chucked them on.. and thats all ive done. now the problem is the rubber caps on the cylinders have perished, so need to look for some more before i can finish the rear end off.

however i have been buying shit.

first off, the turbo and wastegate. KKR660, and synapse wastegate. wastegate was $100, and i think the turbo was around $250 (i cant find the PM's about it)

got a BW51 auto at the shepparton swap meet the year before last. IIRC i got it for $35! also stumbled on some freshly machined VH front drums for $20.. fucking score!! so will have matching stud patterns now.

got some carb hats, one is a proper polished up carb hat, but its not the proper thick ones for boost, so im not sure how it will go (and not alot of meat to oring the base) but couldnt leave it there for $35. also got a LPG type hat that i figure i can cut up and make work, that was $10. oh and scored a carter low pressure fuel pump at the bendi swap meet. cant remember how much that was??

then as per the ignition thread elsewhere here, 1jzracing kindly sold me a 2nd hand megajolt cheap. will need to convert it from TPS to MAP, but thats like a 1/2hr job to do.

Dimi supplied a surge tank for $50, and Gruelius a smaller noname wastegate for $25ish.

and just won an 044 bosch on egay for $51, should be in the mail soon.

so plans have changed slightly, now the comp is over i have shitloads more time to get this done. and my knoledge of carbies/boost/tuning/E85 is basically zero, so im going to try and get club reg on the sucker so i can do some on the road tuning. should end up cheaper than paying $50 every weekend for a drag race, and spending the entire time working on it in the pits!

so yeah, i want to go E85 now, as i think it will be a fair bit kinder to the pistons, and thus will allow me more boost, power etc. also i wont have to use the intercooler now, so i wont have to hack the rad support panel for piping.
    now having a gay 3 speed manual will be beneficial for road tuning, so ill worry about converting to auto at a later date.

so basically its shitloads of little things to do. fittings, gauged, tools, piping, fuel hoses, etc. already have a techedge a/f meter with logging. will attempt to make a knockboard so i know whats going on ign wise.. hopefully the rattles that is a hemi 6 are at a different frequency to pinging, otherwise im fucked!

will need to buy jet drillbits. theres a fuckload of mods to do to make a holley blowthrough, and ill be flying blind for the most part. there is writeups for boosting, writeups for e85/alky fuels...but not both! almost half thinking of making the cunt drawthrough.
    hopefully the 044 will be enough for fuel, otherwise ill have to buy a VL pump to go with it. luckily theres room for 2 in the surge.
    the beauty of the megajolt (apart from perfect timing and strong spark thats completely programmable) is it also has 4 RPM outputs, so i can use it to trigger pumps and shit to keep the flow down if need be. if i only need 1 pump ill probably use a val ballast resistor to run the pump at 9v until i need full flow.

next big spend.. getting the windows and interior put back in it, and 3/8 alloy fuel line for feed and return.

Fuck yeah.

Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by oioioioioi View Post
    I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

loves the Cressy
    Good to see stuff happening to this.
    Cheers, Richard

MX83 Cressida Grande - 1JZ-GTE Twin Turbo JZX81 Motor, Fr Suspension in, tailshaft made & installed, bigger fuel pump in, zorst, wiring, fmic done (thanks jzk25) BA rotors R33 Calipers Now REGISTERED going well
    '92 & '94 TF Holden Rodeo 2.8 TurboDiesel 4WDs - Daily Driver regular breaker/backup ute
    MS85 Crown Super Sedan - Farm Car - Running 3rd 4M - Future project
    '66 Jaguar E-Type 4.2 Manual Coupe
    '66 Jaguar S-Type 3.8 Auto Sedan
    - Long Term Jobs

E85 is going to kill your budget I reckon because you'll need a compatible fuel cell, pump and lines.

But good to see it back on the job list.

It's funny scrolling up the thread and seeing the orange VE wagon. Once I sell my old house that thing is getting a massive makeover

Yep, it will cost a bit more, but I would need to buy a bigger fuel system anyways, so wouldnt cost that much more. Tank I think would be ok if hot tanked clean. The main thing Im thinking with e85 is it should be kinder to the motor. As im sure you know first hand, unopened hemis dont like too much boost. Hard to keep the headgaskets in them. From the reading ive done is roughly 10psi on petrol. I reckon I could get away with 15psi on corn juice.

So yeah I havent done much with this. Come into some cash though so could probably buy the rest of the bits I need. Just hanging to get back into racing and buying tools, and getting sidetracked by the turdness and the wifes mini lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MRGREATWALLMAN View Post
    Yep, it will cost a bit more, but I would need to buy a bigger fuel system anyways, so wouldnt cost that much more. Tank I think would be ok if hot tanked clean. The main thing Im thinking with e85 is it should be kinder to the motor. As im sure you know first hand, unopened hemis dont like too much boost. Hard to keep the headgaskets in them. From the reading ive done is roughly 10psi on petrol. I reckon I could get away with 15psi on corn juice.

So yeah I havent done much with this. Come into some cash though so could probably buy the rest of the bits I need. Just hanging to get back into racing and buying tools, and getting sidetracked by the turdness and the wifes mini lol.
    Go the wreckers and find a cheap late model tank and mount it in the boot. Old school steel tanks and E85 aren't the best mix, they tend to rust heavily in the seams.

good idea! late model EFI tank would make pumps and shit heaps easier

Oi, you had time to get anything more done on this?

I want to see this on the road so bad!

Ive been buying a few little bits and pieces for it. I dont really have room to work on it and lost motorvation

Once I clear some cars out of the way and my kids start sleeping better Ill get back into it.

Trying to get the turdness going whenever I get a spare arvo. Its at my oldies so I have plenty of room to work on it.

This running 11's yet?
    Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Yeah!
    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

It is running, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
    It is running, yes.
    11s??

0-60kmh possibly lol

Good to hear its running
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

153, level 2. The Library. With a snifter of brandy.
    we should talk about swapping some kind of Valiant for some kind of Mazda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stix Z
    i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchypimp
    the crumbs are the best bits of the golden gaytimes