Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Elektra the Valiant - 13's for $1300 project

Shit dude, that sux big time!
    1990 E30 BMW 318is - In progress!
    1974 KE25 Corolla Coupe - So much rust...
    1955 Matchless G9 - On the road and loving it!
    1954 Matchless G80 - Because the one above runs too well so I need something more broken...
    And a fucking 1962 Rover... Because that makes sense

finished the floor, and 1/2 way through the paint

Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

That look awesome. Needs fluffy dice and red walls

Got to love the paint brush.

Did some time cruising sydney in a VG sedan painted in black house paint (painted by previous owner). My mate bought it first as his first Val after seeing mine and how easy it was to make them go fast. We fitted a 265 with extractors 4bbl and a 904 torqueflite. Very quick off the lights. Later on I bought the car from him but didn't change anything. I never put it down the quarter but I remember he did. Only ran 14s but with an awesome 60-ft time (1.6sec from memory). We could never work it out.

Now with more ebay parts. 2JZR31's Avatar
    Talk about holeshot hero running a 1.6 with a 14 sec car.
    10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JZR31 View Post
    Talk about holeshot hero running a 1.6 with a 14 sec car.
    Yep, it was blistering fast out of the hole, then really didn't do much. Weird car.

dangerous fugitive
    It's the long boot overhang, relatively more rear wheel downforce vs overall weight of the car (which is light by modern family sized car standards) Beyond the 60 ft, you can still do great power to weight with a hemi 6. Then around 100mph it's about aerodynamic drag co-efficient and frontal area, where something like an xw with a 351 has about the same frontal area, similar CD, but more horsepower, and they'll (unfortunately) pull away.

Incidentally this is why the chargers were competitive with the phase 3 as far as 1/4mile times go (and I won't get into that dick pulling argument, they were both pretty similar). because the charger was lighter it still had decent power to weight (and arguably with a good driver a decent launch) but around 100mph, the ford had the same total drag but about 100bhp more (in realistic terms, not what they advertised in the day). Since they ere both running around 100mph at the end of the 1/4, it's at that 'cross over' point and they are similar up to that point. But down conrod, or any track where they got well over 100mph, the fords had a big advantage.

Sorry for the long winded stuff, but basically the good 60ft times aren't mystery at all
    John McKenzie

Science flies people to the moon.
    Religion flies people into buildings.

Got a hemi six blower cam laying around here that you might be interested in, how's your budget looking?

PM sent
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

dangerous fugitive
    What are the specs on this cam? What duration @0.050 and what lobe separation angle (Less importantly, what peak lift? and don't care much at all about advertised duration, but if you have it, please list)
    John McKenzie

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    What are the specs on this cam? What duration @0.050 and what lobe separation angle (Less importantly, what peak lift? and don't care much at all about advertised duration, but if you have it, please list)

Unfortunately Ian Sutherthand had a severe case of secret squirrel-itis.

All I can tell you is that it has around 0.480 lift, but he did admit the cam was patterned off the old B&M blower cams and it was the same cam profile he ran in all his blown engines. Finding the old B&M specs is just about impossible these days, but guys reckon they're very similar to the Edelbrock RPM Performer cams (234/244@0.50).

It was ground by Watson Cams in Sydney to the specs that Ian supplied. He had the hemi cam made up for a guy that he made a hemi six B&M kit for (he only made one), but the guy never came back for the cam so I bought it. I used it with the turbo kit for a while, but it never really performed right with that cam so I got a custom Surecam stick, which worked much better with the turbo.

dangerous fugitive
    I'll tell you what, if it has 235 duration at 0.050" but only .480 lift, It's a fairly 'lazy' profile for a hemi lifter diameter, hemi cam base circle, and even more so considering the 1.7:1 rocker ratio

Do you happen to have the specs for the surecam by any chance?

And now I've totally confused my self - is it the surecam for sale, or the previous one?
    John McKenzie

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I'll tell you what, if it has 235 duration at 0.050" but only .480 lift, It's a fairly 'lazy' profile for a hemi lifter diameter, hemi cam base circle, and even more so considering the 1.7:1 rocker ratio

Do you happen to have the specs for the surecam by any chance?

And now I've totally confused my self - is it the surecam for sale, or the previous one?

The previous one is for sale. The other cam, the Surecam turbo grind is still in the engine.

I know what you're saying about lazy. After all it's based off a chevy grind so no surprise it's not aggressive like a proper chrysler cam would be.

I have the Surecam specs here somewhere but I've got the bub on my lap at the moment which makes it hard to get up and move around.

Any updates?
    Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Updates?

fuck me that looks tough in the last pic!!
    2005 VZ SS 5.7L M6 Ute

ummm.. got the front and rear screens out. gotta replace the dash and tidy up some electricals, then the screens can be put back in.

trying to find cheap turbo's/carbies etc atm.

was going to try and get club rego on it this week, but running out of time.. and then the club safety inspector cut his fingers off/mangled them in an engine fan. so thats definately off the cards!

Don't worry about rego, just race it dude.

it will be at COTM in finished form next year for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
    it will be at COTM in finished form next year for sure!
    Does that mean you've given up on 13s for $1300?

Adelaide, if I'm not there I'm somewhere else
    Race the cunt! It only has to be registerable in theory!

Quote Originally Posted by turbohemi View Post
    Does that mean you've given up on 13s for $1300?
    fark no! the chances of me getting it done on time are next to nothing.. but im still going to try.

just had a slight hicup with job changes and some unexpected house shit, but thats almost behind me, and im back on the hunt for parts.

oh i bought a 50mm wastgate yesterday too

you may be saved by heathcote shedule, test and tunes are week before 13 week deadline, or weekend after deadline, I am racing in a hillclimb week before, so will have to be week after deadline for me, car will be doing a skid before deadline, all going well though
    E36 M3 12.92 @ 108.64mph, N/A 3.0L

Dude, take it to COTM with a cardboard sign (street bum style) begging for stupid cheap parts to see a Val take the comp. I'm sure you'll have a few blokes about keen to help the cause!
    1990 E30 BMW 318is - In progress!
    1974 KE25 Corolla Coupe - So much rust...
    1955 Matchless G9 - On the road and loving it!
    1954 Matchless G80 - Because the one above runs too well so I need something more broken...
    And a fucking 1962 Rover... Because that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by farmsci
    Dude, take it to COTM with a cardboard sign (street bum style) begging for stupid cheap parts to see a Val take the comp. I'm sure you'll have a few blokes about keen to help the cause!
    Some joker will find a $50 big cube driveline for you just for the glory. I miss CotM. Never got to show my old car/s down there....

A.
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Right Cammo youre home from COTM and should be all fired up...

Get this shit movin again fucko!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratwagon View Post
    Right Cammo youre home from COTM and should be all fired up...

Get this shit movin again fucko!!!!
    ^^^What he said!!!!
    Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

COTM was huge - 703 very cool Mopars.

i was looking for ya.. obviously too many distractions though