Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
Results 1,111 to 1,121 of 1121

Thread: The Red Streak - 13's for $1300

it went to Sam's brother (Sam is the guy that did the eeprom for me) who is going to run it as is a few times then swap the stuff into a VS.

cant believe this is now 3 years ago, and that no-one has repeated the formula (that I have seen or noticed).

I think we should have another crack at this soon.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    cant believe this is now 3 years ago, and that no-one has repeated the formula (that I have seen or noticed).

If so bump the budget up to $2k and allow selling shit not required, eg buy a manual VN for $1k sell motor box and pedals + other shit not required for a total of $800, means only $200 has been spent
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

why? we did low 12's for $900. The only reason we didn't smash 11's for $1300 was due to boredom.

No reason someone else couldn't do it.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

I know of a VN V6 in Sydney going VERY cheap. Pretty sure it runs too. I would, but im lazy and have enough on already.

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar

Yeah I've been thinking about it too. Lets talk when you come and get your welder.
    Very professionally, and with no emotion, Walter spoke: “Los Angeles Center, Aspen 20, can you give us a ground speed check?” There was no hesitation, and the replay came as if was an everyday request. “Aspen 20, I show you at one thousand eight hundred and forty-two knots, across the ground.”

why? we did low 12's for $900. The only reason we didn't smash 11's for $1300 was due to boredom.

No reason someone else couldn't do it.
    I was referring to the whole challenge, not this build, If you are planing on having a go at it again ignore what i said
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

ahh, got ya. All good!

If we do it again it'll be the last drag race projectr. Next 1300's effort will be a "Beat the HQ lap times for $1300" challenge.

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    Any idea how much the sound deadener weighed?
    LS2 VS Commodore 12.7 at 109mph

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Iirc about 15-20kg
    I never pulled it out of this car tho dry ice was too dear. But I took it out of the race vn.

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    Cool thanks
    LS2 VS Commodore 12.7 at 109mph

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"