Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Red Streak - 13's for $1300

Yep windows will remain glass until free Perspex falls from the sky.
    Marco, yeah they're a pretty flexy shell.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Woot spammer got banned
    Last edited by Jim; 04-01-11 at 02:19 PM.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Sorry for the interruption. Carry on.
    Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Thanks GT you save the day again!

So...
    Took all the crap from the car to the tip today. Excluding the front seats, tow bar and bits and pieces, I dumped 160kg of VN shit today. Seats are prob another 30kg alone and I'm yet to gut the boot and bonnet. Hoping for a total of 200kg to be shed from this thing.

Impressive. What does that bring the weight down too, 1200kg or so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Think they're 1310kg stock? Should be close to 1100kg I guess.
    I'll weighbridge it when it's done.

1335kg according to redbook so 1100ish should be do-able

Peter said 1310 and he knows about VN's more than anyone!! I trust his VN knowledge far more than redbook.

Has he been around to work on the air flow meter yet?

No, the BBQ is dangerously close to the work area.

This needs my old T3's.

$400 & they're yours, along with dump pipe stubs, oil ines & coolant fittings.
    Will need a pair of cheap ass wastegates tho.

Ghetto them on with J-pipes from the stock ex manifolds, drill the intake for a coolant return & use the heater supply from the water pump as the coolant feed.
    Oil lines may be a bit long, but better than too short & they are braided teflon speedflow with T-piece etc to screw into the oil pressure sensor hole, I've even got oil drain stubs & some braided line that can go with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Think they're 1310kg stock? Should be close to 1100kg I guess.
    I'll weighbridge it when it's done.
    I'm pretty sure weighbridge is a noun. I think you meant to use the word 'weigh' which is also shorter than 'weighbridge'.

regards,

Subeditor HTH.
    Retard Honour Wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Rob Sloth Young did i ask for your opinion? no. i only want it for a paddock bomb. go play with traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    you stupid fucken imbicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    your are a fucken idiot of the highest level.

Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    This needs my old T3's.

$400 & they're yours, along with dump pipe stubs, oil ines & coolant fittings.
    Will need a pair of cheap ass wastegates tho.

Ghetto them on with J-pipes from the stock ex manifolds, drill the intake for a coolant return & use the heater supply from the water pump as the coolant feed.
    Oil lines may be a bit long, but better than too short & they are braided teflon speedflow with T-piece etc to screw into the oil pressure sensor hole, I've even got oil drain stubs & some braided line that can go with them.
    That's two cars worth of turbo for this challenge!

TK, thanks for the offer but yeah it'd kill the budget
    I'll keep it in mind for future projects though!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    I'm pretty sure weighbridge is a noun. I think you meant to use the word 'weigh' which is also shorter than 'weighbridge'.

regards,

Subeditor HTH.
    Keep this up and you're geography, buddy!

*angry fist*

Yeah, I know they'd kill the budget - but fuck they'd be perfect on a V6.

i was even thinking 2 cheap ca18 turbos, .48 rear housings quite small and cheap. perfect for twins on a moo

Now with more ebay parts. 2JZR31's Avatar
    I think the cheapest turbos will win in this case.
    10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Are loaner parts eligable?

I'll loan Jim the turbos n shit for as long as he needs them for the cost of freight if that's ok by the rules?

How would those T3s go on a 4L V8?
    Chris
    ------
    I cant get no sleep...
    AE86 race car thread is finally up to date | Supposedly i have a new daily project too
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Nice, real nice - maybe a little slow on spool compared to BB turbos with modern wheels etc.

Fine for drag racing where spool time is not as much an issue, not so great if you need real good response.

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    Sell them for 50 bucks on the proviso that he sells them back for the same amount in three months time

^ also a viable option provided the mob doesn't go into beat down mode over it.

I'm sort of against it, techincally I could borrow an 11sec drag car and be way under the budget and ahead in the times. I'm also thinking way too much about cheap ways of getting extra fuel in to the engine under boost...

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    No one is going to complain about anything in fear of being labelled pedantic sooky cunts playing for sheep stations who need to shut the fuck up

I think we can achieve this with what we have, especially as it looks like I've scored a cheap stall converter from ebay.

Thanks heaps for the offer TK, and if the first few passes = fail then it'll be on the cards

You may well be right - 1200kg & 200hp is theoreticaly capable of running easy 13's.

split the turbos and find two buyers?

If you cant make one of them run 13's on almost anything in this game theres something wrong, doesnt sound like efficiency or longevity is important in this instance.

problem is as soon as you're talking turbos you're also talking fuel systems, ECU changes and all the associated shit to go with it. not only does it take more time than I really want to devote to this thing, but it'd come close to blowing the budget especially once you factor in a tune.

Still have to find some drag slicks but I think Uncle said he had a line on a pair.

I wonder if Bermo still has those 26x8's hanging around he offered to lend me a while back...