Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 13's for $1300. VN of FURY

Now with more ebay parts. 2JZR31's Avatar
    Nice work guys. Thats bullshit re the "street meet". What the fuck does it matter? Just tell them about the 13 for 1300 thing. Why are they enforcing this? Its not like you are there to competitively race other cars in the street meet. You are there to race against the clock.
    10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Back when I was regularly racing at Eastern Creek and then WSID it wasn't unusual to street registered cars with stripped out interiors.

Was he having a rant? Or was it suggested you don't come back with an interior?

Very nice

If you could somehow get that 60ft down to something more reasonable, you'd smash very low 13's Could head towards 12's for $1300

Quote Originally Posted by [TUFFVQ] View Post
    Very nice

If you could somehow get that 60ft down to something more reasonable, you'd smash very low 13's Could head towards 12's for $1300

Agreed, but that's the issue with racing a car like this with a stock converter, and one of the reasons I elected to go nitrous. Something like this is always going to be shy coming out of the hole.

Even with my VN running a 3000rpm converter, it still wasn't really quick off the line.

Good Work!

This has pushed me and my mate to get the dump pipe finished on the EA this weekend.

What pressure(s) do you have the extra injectors comming on at?

1 injector comes on at 3 psi and the other 2 come on at 7-8 psi.

Yeah the "street meet" rule is utter bullshit and I'm not putting the trim back in they can just suck it up.

I hope this gives all the other contenders a fair kick up the arse. Hurry up you lot, time is running out and only two cars have made the grade so far. Wont be much of a Street Machine article if no cunt turns up for the comp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchypiMp View Post
    I hope this gives all the other contenders a fair kick up the arse. Hurry up you lot, time is running out and only two cars have made the grade so far. Wont be much of a Street Machine article if no cunt turns up for the comp.
    Yep, very short.

So are you guys heading out again with this? You've been kinda quiet of late.

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    ^ What he said
    "Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Sorry for being a bit absent on here of late but we have been busy with a couple of other projects. We still, however, been on the lookout for either diff gears or a converter for the VN. After seeing the Red Steak and the Bluebirds 60 foot times we came to the conclusion that we need a better launch to get the most out of our current combo.

After a bit of searching and forum trauling we finally found a converter which had been opened up. The guy said that it was opened to "maybe 3000rpm". For $100 bucks we really couldn't resist.

After we wiped off the cob-webs and wire brushed off all the corrosion,(it must have been outside for atleast a decade) it was out with the old and in with the new.

With the auto trans oil cleaned up and the gearbox buttoned up it was time for a "road" test. With the foot brake mashed to the floor and the handbrake handle damn near vertical we punched the gas and waited for the results.

With a bit of a rev and a whirl the boost gauge needle swept around to about 0.7 bar before the tyres started to spin. Unfortunately we bought the pov-pack VN without a tacho, so we still dont actually know what the converter has been opened up to.

So its off to the drags on Wednesday to see if we can better our previous times. Not that we want the wooden dick or anything.

Coolio
    "Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Nice fingers crossed for a high 12 haha. Fuck the nazi scrutineers picking on stripped interiors.

Awesome stuff! Good luck guys
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Good work guys.
    Retard Honour Wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Rob Sloth Young did i ask for your opinion? no. i only want it for a paddock bomb. go play with traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    you stupid fucken imbicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    your are a fucken idiot of the highest level.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JLUX View Post
    Sorry for being a bit absent on here of late but we have been busy with a couple of other projects. We still, however, been on the lookout for either diff gears or a converter for the VN. After seeing the Red Steak and the Bluebirds 60 foot times we came to the conclusion that we need a better launch to get the most out of our current combo.

After a bit of searching and forum trauling we finally found a converter which had been opened up. The guy said that it was opened to "maybe 3000rpm". For $100 bucks we really couldn't resist.

After we wiped off the cob-webs and wire brushed off all the corrosion,(it must have been outside for atleast a decade) it was out with the old and in with the new.

With the auto trans oil cleaned up and the gearbox buttoned up it was time for a "road" test. With the foot brake mashed to the floor and the handbrake handle damn near vertical we punched the gas and waited for the results.

With a bit of a rev and a whirl the boost gauge needle swept around to about 0.7 bar before the tyres started to spin. Unfortunately we bought the pov-pack VN without a tacho, so we still dont actually know what the converter has been opened up to.

So its off to the drags on Wednesday to see if we can better our previous times. Not that we want the wooden dick or anything.

This is one of the reasons I didn't go turbo. I knew there was no money in the budget for a converter and they are pretty much mandatory with a home-built turbo set up.
    If you've got the dollars you can buy a turbo to suit just about any set-up that'll have minimal lag, but with a budget set-up you're limited to turbos that will make power, but generally not come on until 3500rpm or so. Perfect turbo would have been a GT35/40R from an xr6 turbo but that would have used most of the budget.

So I went gas instead because there's no lag with gas. As long as the tyres can hold it you're going to get off the line quick.

My advice would be to try and find a cheap tacho as well. Not only to find the right launch rpm, but also to get the shift points right because they're critical to a good ET. There's a wire (I think it's brown from memory) on the passenger side of the engine bay near the strut tower where you can get your RPM signal.

Quote Originally Posted by turbohemi View Post
    There's a wire (I think it's brown from memory) on the passenger side of the engine bay near the strut tower where you can get your RPM signal.
    Correct. It has a small white connector on it that is taped to the loom, easy to find.

yep, thats correct.

Well it was a cool Wednesday night in Perth. My brothers and I rocked up to the Motorplex with the VN ready to race. We got it over to scrutineering. It passed with flying colours, even without the door trims that they picked us for last time.

It was then over to the staging lanes to wait our turn. In a matter of minutes we were up. Without a moments hesitation the car was in the burnout box heating the aged and weary ET Radials. With the radials hot and the handbrake cables near breaking point the gas was mashed and the boost gauge needle hit the magical 0.7bar mark.

The brakes were released and with an incredible amount of body twist we were off. The results are as follows.

All three of us had a number of attempts to crack into the magical 12.999 zone but no such luck. 13.1 after 13.2 after 13.1 time after time. We managed about 15 runs all up.

For the $1281 we have spent, we couldn't have asked for a more smile inducing shit box. The torque twist and acceleration experienced when you let the thing loose off the start line with 10 odd psi under its belt is hilarious.

Our car was so impressive we even made the Motorplex website

http://www.motorplex.com.au/gallery....=gall&gid=209#

Well lads. The balls in your court. Good luck and God speed.
    Last edited by 2JLUX; 05-05-11 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JLUX View Post
    Well it was a cool Wednesday night in Perth. My brothers and I rocked up to the Motorplex with the VN ready to race. We got it over to scrutineering. It passed with flying colours, even without the door trims that they picked us for last time.

It was then over to the staging lanes to wait our turn. In a matter of minutes we were up. Without a moments hesitation the car was in the burnout box heating the aged and weary ET Radials. With the radials hot and the handbrake cables near breaking point the gas was mashed and the boost gauge needle hit the magical 0.7bar mark.

The brakes were released and with an incredible amount of body twist we were off. The results are as follows.

All three of us had a number of attempts to crack into the magical 12.999 zone but no such luck. 13.1 after 13.2 after 13.1 time after time. We managed about 15 runs all up.

For the $1281 we have spent, we couldn't have asked for a more smile inducing shit box. The torque twist and acceleration experienced when you let the thing loose off the start line with 10 odd psi under its belt is hilarious.

Our car was so impressive we even made the Motorplex website

http://www.motorplex.com.au/gallery....=gall&gid=209#

Well lads. The balls in your court. Good luck and God speed.
    13.002 at 103.9mph! Awesome work guys, you've smashed me.

Have you got any video, not that I doubt you or anything, I just want to see it blast down the quarter. Amazing how much difference a bit of hi-stall makes.
    By the way, that half track time indicates a possible 12.8 if you get your shit together. Of course it's all in the shift points.

Again, well done guys.

Now it looks like the race is on to be the first into the 12s for $1300.

The VN of Fury looks pretty good too.

Last edited by blownhemi; 05-05-11 at 10:38 PM.

Well done guys!!!

Should have ditched the passenger seat ftw.

furious masturbater SausageFingers's Avatar
    I attended the PF vs Powerchip thread 2010 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Came for the drinks, but stayed for the gangbang.

awesome!! top work!!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Should have ditched the passenger seat ftw.
    My brother said, and I quote,

"Grab the tools to take the passenger seat out at the track".

To which I replied "Will it really make that much difference?"

I then proceeded not to get the required tools.

I should never doubt my brother.

I can guarantee it would have been worth > 3 thousandths

Fucking amazing. Well done!

There is a 12 for sure, wind more boost in, take out the seat or do a big shit.

Well done fellas!!!

fuck yeah, good work guys!
    HR31 Coupe - RB20, Bilsteins, Cage and shit
    R31 Ti - Sun Visor, Venetian Blinds, Coilovers, Whiteline Bars, Wog Stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

awesome result guys!!!

13.00 for 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by tim510 View Post
    More rabbit less turtle!

"No new car will ever be better for the environment than an old car that already exists. Unless that old car is a left-wheel drive communist shitbox made of uranium, asbestos and luekemia", oioioioioi

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all", god
    http://www.Tutter.net

Awesomesauce! Well done guys! We all have some catching up to do now
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn