Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a bargain? Post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    As much as I like the centuras (I've had 3) - the engine positioned considerably forward with respect to the front wheel centreline compared to other valiants Effectively it puts far more weight on the fronts and stuff all on the rears, and as such it makes them (even in bog stock form) amongst the best burnout cars you will ever find. The flipside is that this also makes them relatively compromised off the line and in the 60ft stakes.

I'm not saying they are a basket case, but I'd seriously suggest that with an otherwise identical drivetrain, a VF/G would have a good few tenths quicker ET than the centy.

These problems are not insurmountable (or better put, there's a lot you can do to improve their launch) as long as you are up for welding/altering the trailing arm attachment points.

If someone hypothetically gutted/cut the firewall and relocated the hemi rearwards, they'd be at the forefront as far as any chrysler oriented entrant for the 13 for 1300

They've also got an adjustable rear brake pressure limiting valve (most of them would be stuffed by now, but definitely rebuildable for stuff all cash). It's adjustable, but it's a bit bolt and locknut. If you relocated it to the cockpit, and ran new lines to effect that change, you can add bigger 'wheels' where the bolt and locknut are and make it legitimately cockpit controlled. This could conceivably set up where the adjustment 'bottoms out' so when snugged up tight, it'd have perfect brake balance for a high speed decel, but could be opened up/turned the other way, to reduce rear brakes to nearly zero, for burnouts (be it burnout comp, or heating tyres for a 1/4mile run). Obviously the same unit could just as easily be fitted to a bunch of other cars for the same purpose.

Agree totally, weight is too far forward. IF you got a 4cyl Centura dirt cheap and turbo'ed it, that would make an awesome 13s for $1300 car. Believe it or not the old 2-litre was quite a potent little performer in it's day.

But yes a VF/VG would be easier to launch. Especially with some home-made caltracs or something similar. Better looking car too, which is why I've finally washed my hands of Centuras and I stick with Valiants.

That being said, if a nice KC GLX dropped in my lap I wouldn't say no.

dangerous fugitive
    I dunno if this is of any help - but for anyone in this thread - I've got a set of relatively unused (hence I could read the labels/part numbers and find out what they were off)

Lovells springs to suit Vs onward v6 commodes (or thereabouts) at front and vt onwards at the rear.

They are 'sport low' fronts and 'super low' rears.

part #
    front - HFS-76
    rear - HRL-61

The whole lot is free to anyone in this comp (or any forum regular), or failing that I might chuck em up for $50 the lot on the main f/s section.

I realise they are lower than most normal people would want, but maybe for a drag racer or some shit there's some use for em, I dunno, just thought I'd bring it up in case anyone here needed em.

I've also got a number of commodore pattern steel 15inch rims (I think interceptor rims, but not sure - the ones with heaps of round stamped holes around their middle section circumference. Again, free to anyone here. If anyone's wondering, I came across these things 'discarded' near a friends factory (I can actually understand the 'superlow' springs being discarded like that to be honest). The wheels all have fucked tyres - clearly they are the dump site of someone's burnout endeavours.
    John McKenzie

Science flies people to the moon.
    Religion flies people into buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JZR31 View Post
    Yeah. Not unless the fuel pump was fucked or something. But it seems pretty hard to kill a JZ even like that. I have seen an MA70 with a 2JZ that was down on power and it was boosting OK, and was being driven around for ages like that. Turns out the fuel pump was fucked and it was that lean it was seriously down on power, yet the engine was perfect after the pump was fixed. So I am hoping its just a simple prob and nothing serious, but the symptoms do sound a bit sus.
    Lol, was this the blue one I bought with the shit wiring?

It was the knock sensors that killed the power, not an actual lack of fuel.

Moral of the story: Crank the boost until it stops going faster. JZs love that shit.
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Now with more ebay parts. 2JZR31's Avatar
    Thats the one
    10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Going to burn too much of the budget buying the car
    Yeah, but I thought it looked like it would have made a decent daily too.
    10.83 @ 125

Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I dunno if this is of any help - but for anyone in this thread - I've got a set of relatively unused (hence I could read the labels/part numbers and find out what they were off)

Lovells springs to suit Vs onward v6 commodes (or thereabouts) at front and vt onwards at the rear.

They are 'sport low' fronts and 'super low' rears.

part #
    front - HFS-76
    rear - HRL-61

The whole lot is free to anyone in this comp (or any forum regular), or failing that I might chuck em up for $50 the lot on the main f/s section.

I realise they are lower than most normal people would want, but maybe for a drag racer or some shit there's some use for em, I dunno, just thought I'd bring it up in case anyone here needed em.

I've also got a number of commodore pattern steel 15inch rims (I think interceptor rims, but not sure - the ones with heaps of round stamped holes around their middle section circumference. Again, free to anyone here. If anyone's wondering, I came across these things 'discarded' near a friends factory (I can actually understand the 'superlow' springs being discarded like that to be honest). The wheels all have fucked tyres - clearly they are the dump site of someone's burnout endeavours.
    Pity you don't have any for a Falcon, with the weight removed the old EL is sitting preety high.

Surely angle grinding springs is the way for this challenge.
    10.83 @ 125

Quote Originally Posted by 2JZR31 View Post
    Surely angle grinding springs is the way for this challenge.
    That was on my plan anyway, plus it's less weight.

The customer.

I saw this on carsales and thought of you guys.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...ode%20matchany

List of cars goes here

Hey guys. i have a 560sel merc here. has an lsd and the engine runs strong. rips sweet skids. I think you could take out plenty of useless kg's out of it to get it down to a 14. then a shot of gas and your away. price $700

pics?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by marcinek View Post
    Hey guys. i have a 560sel merc here. has an lsd and the engine runs strong. rips sweet skids. I think you could take out plenty of useless kg's out of it to get it down to a 14. then a shot of gas and your away. price $700
    Fuckin pics! What sort of wheels does it have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

hrrmmm 1780kgs 300hp...

It's black. looks pimpin but the paint is rough. I would say most of the weight is in the interior (front electric seats, wooden fold down dinner trays, rear electric seat, electric sunroof, electric aerial.) the carpet is like one inch thick to make it super quiet. i'll put up a pic soon.

Has self level suspension that does not leak or sag overnight which is a bonus.

sketchy, the wheels are standard 560sel 15 inch alloys from 86. good condition but tyres are bald.

call me if interested.
    pm for number.

Quote Originally Posted by marcinek View Post
    It's black. looks pimpin but the paint is rough. I would say most of the weight is in the interior (front electric seats, wooden fold down dinner trays, rear electric seat, electric sunroof, electric aerial.) the carpet is like one inch thick to make it super quiet. i'll put up a pic soon.
    After dropping front electric seats, rear seat, door cards and carpet from the 735 to the dump the other month, I have no doubts you'd easily remove 200kgs from this by removing the interior...

Does this mean you're turning the 735JZ into a race car?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

The drivers seat felt like it weighed 60kg. full electric, forward/back, up/down and backrest. The passengers is the same so count that as 120kg just in the front seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Does this mean you're turning the 735JZ into a race car?
    Nah, means it has a new black interior that isn't anywhere near as worn as the old Blue one Tis well too much of a lard arse to bother with (2000kg).
    E30 will be the toy for skids etc.

Hillman hunter all set up for fj20

selfless self promotion of a rolling shell sitting in my back yard

i pulled the fj20t and box out to put in my race car

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=330550032511

make me an off end ill ditch ebay

400 bucks worth of new brake upgrade in the boot with reciepts
    Last edited by TurboTaxi; 10-04-11 at 02:06 PM.
    910 Bluebird was a TRX in a past life
    FJ20 ET
    EMS Dual Sport

QLD Sprints Face Book page
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/184310345949/

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTaxi View Post
    Hillman hunter all set up for fj20

selfless self promotion of a rolling shell sitting in my back yard

i pulled the fj20t and box out to put in my race car

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=330550032511

make me an off end ill ditch ebay

400 bucks worth of new brake upgrade in the boot with reciepts

I know someone who's building one of these at the moment, he's fitting a blown BOSS 5.4 quad cam. If I hadn't see the pics I would have said no fucking way would that fit - but it does.

fuck me ... how nose heave would that be
    910 Bluebird was a TRX in a past life
    FJ20 ET
    EMS Dual Sport

QLD Sprints Face Book page
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/184310345949/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

$100 v6 auto with blown head gasket

holy shitsticks.. thats a bargain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

$100 v6 auto with blown head gasket
    Potential starter project for the next time if the FWD 13s for $1300 gets up.

Similar power to weight as EL

stock for stock, those things flog falcadores.

engine must be fucked for that price surely!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks