Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rules

no complaints here, I have put up proof of what everything has cost so far, and not much else needed. will loan my sons car my drag radials etc
    E36 M3 12.92 @ 108.64mph, N/A 3.0L

Adelaide, if I'm not there I'm somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Vettel View Post
    the other option is if something is gifted we get the member to give a fair market price, and if they take the piss and other comptetitors complain then they get owned
    +1

and maybe ebay for reference for a median value...??

rules sound ok, and have been noted.

just one thing though.. im not counting rust repairs, windscreen seals etc etc in costs as i consider it a RWC item, and will actually slow me down by making it heavier . eurorogeriacordiaorwhateverhisnameis i dont think should be penalised for replacing the rusty shit bonnet.

oh, and i think people should have slight freedoms/be rewarded for having some sort of rego
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

oh and if this is now an annual thing.. ive already got a project underway for next year
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Quote Originally Posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post

oh, and i think people should have slight freedoms/be rewarded for having some sort of rego
    +1 for full rego, car will have to remain much heavier than a non or club rego car
    E36 M3 12.92 @ 108.64mph, N/A 3.0L

Registered User Panda I give no fuck's Avatar
    Its a race car, if u want to rego it then you have other motives, dont use that to get a 1 up on others

i only say that because its in the spirit of the original 1st gen rules.

as morerevsm3 said, rego'd cars will end up the heaviest by a fair margin just to keep streetable. cant strip all the body bracing off a car and expect it to still be roadworthy
    (not having a go at anyone, its an ingenious idea) /disclaimer

Fondles
    Can I spend 1300 on my pick-up and be eligible?
    Compound turbo with LPG injection should be doable for that money (out here anyways).

holy shit.. you can get lpg injection for less than $1300?? hook a brudda up!

Fondles
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
    holy shit.. you can get lpg injection for less than $1300?? hook a brudda up!
    lol, it would be nothing that's legal in OZ.

The problem I see with rego is my car would never pass there is just too much rust in it . Most of these cars are for spare parts or scrap , if you can have a registered car that can make this challenge then kudos to you but it shouldnt affect anyone else that enters this challenge

As for the cars value , I got mine for free cause in its condition thats all its worth . It was a private import as no mk1 Golf petrol cars were brought into the country after 1980 and local production had ceased after VW sold the plant to Nissan in 1976 .

I have my work cut out for me cause not only is my car European (we all know a Merc is more expensive to service than a Commodore or Camry) , its fwd and its Auto . Apart from putting an anchor off the titanic in my car I really couldnt be more disadvantaged !!! You'll find the amount of mk1 Golfs with this engine that can actually run in the 13s on any budget is a handful , its easier to do an engine swap with a 1.8t , but this is way outta my budget . So Im curious to find out if the value of the car can still be $0 or will I have to loose some costings there .
    I wanna do 8s bruv! Without no stinkin' POWERCHIP

Id rather have a rock in my shoe when hikin' than have a POWERCHIP in my car when racin'

Scrap value for a small car is about $80 at the moment.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Current costing

VTEC type rocker cover paint : $20
    paint and should be free, perhaps we can vote on the cars presentation and the winner gets to take off 1/10 of a second
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS60S View Post
    Some say he's roger cordia without the disability pension and shaving cream, others say his bus windows are licked clean every day - all we know is he's called boothy.
    I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be

i have sexdaily, i mean dyslexia

Registered User schnitzelburger's Avatar
    stop overthinking it, do it, have some fun
    Turbo NB MX5: more derp less carbon lightyear clone
    Supra sold it: 1983 MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE + 6spd

ohsdocs.com.au Safe Work Method Statements and other OH&S paperwork for builders and tradies, PF members PM me I'll do you a good deal.

paint is free for sure, I wanna see some cool paint jobs, flames and shit.

If not, real flames will suffice.
    this signature intentionally left blank

Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by CussCuss View Post
    paint is free for sure, I wanna see some cool paint jobs, flames and shit.

If not, real flames will suffice.
    Bonus points for real flames.

Quote Originally Posted by EuroRogeriavolution View Post
    I have my work cut out for me cause not only is my car European (we all know a Merc is more expensive to service than a Commodore or Camry) , its fwd and its Auto . Apart from putting an anchor off the titanic in my car I really couldnt be more disadvantaged !!! You'll find the amount of mk1 Golfs with this engine that can actually run in the 13s on any budget is a handful , its easier to do an engine swap with a 1.8t , but this is way outta my budget . So Im curious to find out if the value of the car can still be $0 or will I have to loose some costings there .
    You picked the wrong project then.
    Harden the fuck up and do it rather than bitching about the rules.

brb... collecting a torana, rb30, gt42r that i'll have for free for next years challenge... retireds....

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    Jeeesus, spend $1300, kick ass, have fun.

If you're a cheatin bastard then that is your lot in life

People have to relax a bit. This isnt supposed to be so serious.

My 2 bro's and i have nearly finished our car (what a week hahaha) and it has been fucking awesome. We are never allowed to be this dodgey normally so its a good change to smash something together just for shits and giggles. Seeing as we have some spare time (12 weeks lol) we might start a second one.

Just let each person do their own thing. If an injustice is seen, let it be dealt with when it happens.

Now stop being sooks and get working.

I've got a question - does the end product have to be $1300, or the total of all experimentation?

ALLMTR's thread made me think of this with the talk of whether he swaps the diff out or not... if he gets it going with teh stock diff, then he has spent $0. If he decides to swap for a 9 inch that he picked up for $150, then the cost is $150. If if then decides that the stock diff was lighter and had a better ratio and wants to go back, does it go back to 0?

likewise if someone goes through 4 ebay turbos trying to find one that works properly - do you count the value of all 4, or just the one that you end up using?
    Quote Originally Posted by myshortyboomba View Post
    I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraud View Post
    I've got a question - does the end product have to be $1300, or the total of all experimentation?

ALLMTR's thread made me think of this with the talk of whether he swaps the diff out or not... if he gets it going with teh stock diff, then he has spent $0. If he decides to swap for a 9 inch that he picked up for $150, then the cost is $150. If if then decides that the stock diff was lighter and had a better ratio and wants to go back, does it go back to 0?

likewise if someone goes through 4 ebay turbos trying to find one that works properly - do you count the value of all 4, or just the one that you end up using?
    personally, I'd say yes. I'd only add what went into the final build.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

no one ever, is to blame Howard Jones's Avatar
    i think the price should be based on the final finished product

Fuck the rules.

Build something cheap, go skid it, have fun. If you go over a smidge who cares.

This isnt the fucking FIA, its PF. If you start bringing in too many rules its going to make it too hard for the guys who dont have access to some of the fancy gear and shops that a lot of guys do. That and a bunch of people are going to get all e-cunthurt because something doesnt fit the "rules" but is still fast, or worse still faster than something they built.

The prize is a wooden dick for fucks sake. A WOODEN DICK. Have some perspective.

Get out there and spin some spanners rather than worrying about a bible full of what not to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Meh
    Settle petal, there's hardly any rules there. Most of them are safety and some vague ones about costing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchypiMp View Post
    The prize is a wooden dick for fucks sake. A WOODEN DICK. Have some perspective.
    fucken lol.

i have a new sig.
    HR31 Coupe - RB20, Bilsteins, Cage and shit
    R31 Ti - Sun Visor, Venetian Blinds, Coilovers, Whiteline Bars, Wog Stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

Costing free stuff - We all have a bunch of stuff lying around our sheds and so would be able to claim "I have a free engine" and so on, but we have to have a general costing for no-purchased engines. So for general costs it'll be $100 per litre. Free car bodies/chassis will be on the formula 2000 - factory weight of the complete car = cost. So for example if you have a car that weighs say 1450 kilograms from the factory then it has cost you Aus$550 from your budget. Paint and damage/rust repairs are cost-free.

well thats just fucked, that means the handi cost $1470 and my engine was $260 so i have blown my budget without spending a cent

fuck i feel like i got
    2013 Focus ST
    TE Cortina, 250 c4 9" n2o
    GH Sigma EFI 351
    1978 Ford Transit Sundowner, 100 spoke wheels
    512ci BBF PG and 9" under construction

for your handy to be valued at $1470 it would have to weigh like 14000kg

eitherway were moding that rule to be fair market value based rather than weight based

Quote Originally Posted by sketchypiMp View Post
    its not a wooden dick, its the Performanceforms Niggerdick Ashtray of Glory, and it cost me $3, have some fucking respect

for your handy to be valued at $1470 it would have to weigh like 14000kg

eitherway were moding that rule to be fair market value based rather than weight based
    ok i thought is was 2000 - weight = price or some shit
    2013 Focus ST
    TE Cortina, 250 c4 9" n2o
    GH Sigma EFI 351
    1978 Ford Transit Sundowner, 100 spoke wheels
    512ci BBF PG and 9" under construction

Adelaide, if I'm not there I'm somewhere else
    I'm going to have a 13413 sticker made for my cars....