Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Speedflow Products 2011 catalogue

Volume is the reason its cheaper OS, shipping stuff by the container load to Jegs, etc costs less than shipping small boxes all over Aust. There is a very good chance that Jegs sell more speedflow than is sold in Australia in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Damo bought a fuel reg from JEGS last week. Ordered it on Tuesday, received it on Friday. Shipping was ~$40 (for what must have been express), would be about the same for a box of 20 fittings.

If they were a comparable price and same shipping time in Australia, Id buy here, but they arent comparable and I dont like throwing money down the toilet, so I wont.
    but we're talking about speedflow fittings here , i normally order about lunchtime and have it delivered first thing in the morning.
    just makes things go smoothly if im allready under the gun to get a car finished.

Quote Originally Posted by edo View Post
    Volume is the reason its cheaper OS, shipping stuff by the container load to Jegs, etc costs less than shipping small boxes all over Aust. There is a very good chance that Jegs sell more speedflow than is sold in Australia in total.
    That might explain why JEGS gets them cheaper than I would, but how can they still make a profit and still sell it, at normal retail price, for half the cost direct from the manufacturer here?

All well and good for SPEEDFLOW to just blame it on quantities, but in a global economy, these are the people they are competing against....the same people they supply....yet still manage to price themselves out of the market.

The local VL crew with no net skills can buy from the Autobahn down the road, but I wont and soon enough Id expect no-one will.
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Quote Originally Posted by Rz View Post
    but we're talking about speedflow fittings here , i normally order about lunchtime and have it delivered first thing in the morning.
    just makes things go smoothly if im allready under the gun to get a car finished.
    If you need them that quickly then you obviously have no choice, seeing as though the cost is being passed on your choice is clear.....but for your own car, when Id expect you know what youre going to do a few days ahead of time, where would you buy from?

Im talking about genuine Speedflow brand fittings too.

so JEGS/anfittings/whoever/ can pay for international shipping to the US AND back to me here, Add their margin and on costs, for less than it costs the manufacturer to send it to me locally?

that makes NO sense...

must be the GST, or climate change. or something else equally retired...

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
    2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Quote Originally Posted by mr ed View Post
    if you need them that quickly then you will get raped in price by a greedy manufacturer taking advantage of you.
    speedfixed

Quote Originally Posted by rowdytoot View Post
    so JEGS/anfittings/whoever/ can pay for international shipping to the US AND back to me here, Add their margin and on costs, for less than it costs the manufacturer to send it to me locally?

that makes NO sense...

must be the GST, or climate change. or something else equally retired...
    The lack of a savvy consumer in Australia is the reason. And now that some people are starting to wake up theres sensationalist reports on the news and calls to remove the <$1000 order exemption from duties/GST on overseas purchases?

What a crock of shit.

ed , the other thing is i often have to change the order because something else gets added to the car that needs to be plumbed , or ive ordered the wrong thread on something , much simpler to get it changed over and credited back when the supplier is local.
    if i had to wait 3-4 days each time something extra was needed then it drags out.
    the bulk buying edo speaks off would go partway to explaining the price difference for the same fitting.

I can't see the reason you would pay double for fittings, just due to a slightly better annodising and a little easier fitting. Plumbing my fuel system would have been up around 2K with Speedflow from Aus. Has cost me well under 1k buying from Summit when doing other orders.

Not a fan of Frangola which is what my turbo oil return will be plumbed with, but happy with aeroquip. Earls stuff seems okay too, but haven't looked to closely.

I don't mind paying for quality, but speedflow is a stretch too far for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Yoda
    I <3 Hamster

You know how what percentage of retail sales are completed on line in Australia? 3%...know what percentage of Australia retail sales are completed on line from overseas? 1.5%.

So, as it is they just don't care. When that 1.5% gets up to 10% or so then shit will start to happen.

just personal preference dave.
    its not just me talking here , lots of guys here have speedflow on their cars , like tim and guido , dale etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rowdytoot View Post
    your misconception might be that it is shipped from China to Aus then to US?

i'd say the US stores get them shipped directly from the plant in China?

Opens
    yeah I prefer speedflow. IMHO it's head and shoulders above the others.

I buy from Extreme Motorsport at Virginia in Brisbane. Their prices aren't too shabby.

Any AN style fitting is better than hose clamps.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    your misconception might be that it is shipped from China to Aus then to US?

i'd say the US stores get them shipped directly from the plant in China?
    I dont think JEGS does. Im pretty sure they are a major physical store in the US, not just an online store.

its handy for me to drive 10min down the road and come back with a bag full of bits..

altho i didnt realise that it was so much cheaper buying from the USA..

ive got probablhy $5k worth of speed flow in the race car $7k in the boat and have probably spent $200k on it over the years..

Speedflow,
    tell Nick and Travis ill be talking to Mark about the pricing
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Rz View Post
    ed , the other thing is i often have to change the order because something else gets added to the car that needs to be plumbed , or ive ordered the wrong thread on something , much simpler to get it changed over and credited back when the supplier is local.
    if i had to wait 3-4 days each time something extra was needed then it drags out.
    the bulk buying edo speaks off would go partway to explaining the price difference for the same fitting.
    Yeah as a business doing a fair bit of work with the stuff it makes sense to either have a substantial supply of your own, or a readily accessible supplier who does. A supply of your own is going to pocket your business alot more profit, but the investment might not be worth it unless youve got a substantial turn over of stock, which for a one man operation Im guessing you dont and most of your profit is in the labour, not supply of trivial bits.

But, for most of the cunts on here who would only care about their own car, are tight arses and have a good idea of what they need, its pretty clear what the best way to go is.
    Last edited by Mr Ed; 18-01-11 at 09:58 AM.

I dont think JEGS does. Im pretty sure they are a major physical store in the US, not just an online store.
    did you read my post?

EDIT: maybe it wasnt clear.

i was saying that they parts are made in china, so any wholesale orders from JEGS might not go via Australia...
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 18-01-11 at 10:02 AM.

I've had no issues with Speedflow fittings etc... it is cheaper buying online but meh.. somethings i prefer to be able to get them here within a day rather than wait.... which is usually not an option when it needs to be done right away...

besides... im also trying to get into Gerry Harvey's good books so he can hook me up with a mad 3d tv.....

Hi Aaron,

I'm going to require a fair amount of hose and fittings shortly for my build, things like dry sump plumbing, fuel lines, power steering lines.

We may need to talk.

Btw, Welcome
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by 10sec_rx7 View Post
    Speedflow,
    tell Nick and Travis ill be talking to Mark about the pricing
    Lol, advertising back fire!

Check the JEGS catalogue before quoting me, obviously, but yeah 99% sure prices started at $6.99, RRP.

If anyone has any questions be sure to send me a private message!

Aaron

www.speedflow.com.au
    sales@speedflow.com.au

did you read my post?

EDIT: maybe it wasnt clear.

i was saying that they parts are made in china, so any wholesale orders from JEGS might not go via Australia...
    SPEEDFLOW said his parts were manufactured in Australia. Its been edited out now though.

I was commenting on the 2nd part of your post.

Opposed to the PFAD Bill
    Speedflow is great, I don't use anything else on my car - it just works.
    I buy from quantum racing.
    Last edited by myliberty; 18-01-11 at 10:08 AM.
    Your signature is too long.

SPEEDFLOW told me in the PM that he sent to me offering to send me a free catalogue that the parts were made in China, and that is why they are so cheap?

I just think people become pedants about something that can often be done by a good quality brass fitting, new right sized clamp and correctly specced hose.

I wasn't aware about Speedflow's US pricing, if it was 20% more than the similar aeroquip / earls fittings I'd buy it, because the quality is better, no doubt.

Thanks to SPEEDFLOW for starting a thread which alerted me to the availability of cheap speedflow fittings from Jegs, this thread has been most informative.

ps, I tasted speedflow and aeroquip fittings, side to side, they tasted the same, does this make them the same?
    Last edited by Dave; 18-01-11 at 10:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Yoda
    I <3 Hamster

in the doghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDFLOW View Post
    Hi Mr Ed,

Speedflow products is made to high standard and quality and is made in australia.
    All our products are from high quality aluminium or steel in which we have developed processes to ensure we continue processing a high quality product.
    We use hard coat anodising, most companies only use light coat anodising.
    Other brands are not! most brands are made in china with forgings.

Aaron Prins
    Still says made in Australia?! Didn't someone say they were made in China

I'm interested in alot of this for the BA - but not if I know I'm being ripped off. I just ordered a JEGS catalogue the other day too....
    Quote Originally Posted by lickmyleftone View Post
    But by all means drink a litre of rum, double bag the old fella and grunt one up it. If that floats ya boat.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDFLOW View Post
    If anyone has any questions be sure to send me a private message!

Aaron

www.speedflow.com.au
    sales@speedflow.com.au
    Aaron, why not discuss the pricing issue publicly? Everyone is curious about the same thing.

Its not just you, so dont feel too bad. PWR has been doing the same thing with their radiators for a long time, manufactuered here but significantly cheaper from overseas even after paying for the extra shipping. Ripshifter does it with their products, depending on whether you order a shifter for a Holden or Pontiac GTO (exact same car, different body kit) there is a price difference of a couple hundred dollars, from the SAME website!

Rest assured, no-one on here is going to forget this issue just because you dont want to talk about it.

SPEEDFLOW said his parts were manufactured in Australia. Its been edited out now though.

I was commenting on the 2nd part of your post.
    speed flow is made in Taree...
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

SPEEDFLOW told me in the PM that he sent to me offering to send me a free catalogue that the parts were made in China, and that is why they are so cheap?
    whose parts?

The speedflow site says most of their stuff is made here, the braided hose is made in yankee land, cant remember the rest.

the summit/jegs branded fittings and probably most of the other yank stuff is out of china.

Whats made in China? He said SPEEDFLOW stuff was, or their competitors stuff?